Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered! >

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Like Tree1Likes

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Old 09-03-2008, 01:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hardrider
It's at Yishun Town Garden... It's across the section of mrt line between Khatib and Yishun station.
Near Blk 934 Yishun Central 1.
Thanks! Just went there to play a 5Ah pack! Surface can be loose in some areas, like off-road! My TT-01 tub collected quite a lot of some stones too!
Old 09-03-2008, 01:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chiebap
hi everyone, i just want to ask where can i find rc shops there in singapore? ill be visiting singapore this september and hopefully i can drop by your rc shops..ty ty

Hi. There's a few established R/C shops in Singapore.
Swan Model at Orchard plaza specializing in Tamiya, HPI, Hobao etc. BK located near Queenstown Prison. There's another 2 R/C shops located at Far East Plaza. 1 located at East Coast Park (Taroda Racing) near McDonald's.
Good luck.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:40 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default t)*^&*)_}(_

thanks for the information sir, but is there a way i can get their complete address and location? its just that its gonna be my first time in singapore and i might have a hard time to locate it. thanks a lot again.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default help...

All the guru out there, need some advice from you all. I am driving a HPI HellFire with stock suspension (i think).how do i know if the shock is too soft or too hard? Is there a difference setting if i run on tarmat road and track.
I run the truck last nite on a tarmat road , and almost every power slide i do or hard turn i take the truck will flip over. Now..

-how do i strengten the shock ?
-wat i a shock clip? the number on the oil?
-wat does it mean? wat does piston hole side affect the shock?
-Are there after market shock out there tat are fully adjustable just like real car?

Thanks Guy
Old 09-03-2008, 10:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by boo_saa
All the guru out there, need some advice from you all. I am driving a HPI HellFire with stock suspension (i think).how do i know if the shock is too soft or too hard? Is there a difference setting if i run on tarmat road and track.
I run the truck last nite on a tarmat road , and almost every power slide i do or hard turn i take the truck will flip over. Now..

-how do i strengten the shock ?
-wat i a shock clip? the number on the oil?
-wat does it mean? wat does piston hole side affect the shock?
-Are there after market shock out there tat are fully adjustable just like real car?

Thanks Guy
Hi Boo_saa,

The Hellfire you have is the SS version and it has better shocks than the RTR kit.It has an aluminium shock cap for a start.The setup for onroad driving and offroad driving are totally different.

For a start maybe you can remove some of the shock clips(the plastic c-clips that you see on top of the shock body) that is on the shock.This will make the preload softer and let the truggy sit with a lower cg.This will help to prevent the truck from tipping over.

IMHO,there is no need to strengten the shock or change to an aftermarket shock for that matter unless you are into big bore 16mm ones.The viscosity of the shock oil and the pistons will be more than enough to tweak your suspension.For a proper viscosity,refer to the manual.In fact,these RC shocks are more complex than those for real cars(Tein,Sach etc).Try to experiment with adjustment before embarking on the purchase of an aftermarket shocks.

Hope this helps!
Old 09-03-2008, 10:13 AM
Tech Addict

For more information on truck setups,you can got to the official HPI Hellfire forums by HPI.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:19 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by LaMark82
K I am goin to ask a stupid question. What is the difference between a 1200 to a 2000 reciever pack. I know I am buying a 6volt one but whats the difference in between the numbers?

PS this reciever pack is goin in a truggy that I do plan to race one day. LOL
Dude,that is not a stupid question but a FAQ.Basically the numbers depict the capacity of the battery.Taking into consideration all load and battery condition are equal,the 2000maH will outlast the 1200maH ones.I run truggies and buggies and have been using the 1100maH ones from Speedmind with success.It last me about 2hrs of bashing.Really depends on how the batteries are taken care of,the charging and discharging and also what kind of electronics you are running.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:56 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by thangmo
For more information on truck setups,you can got to the official HPI Hellfire forums by HPI.
thanks bro
Old 09-05-2008, 07:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default RC10 GT2 RS

Guys, do you know where I can buy RC10 GT2 RS here? Also, do you know more or less how much the price?

Thanks
Old 09-07-2008, 05:47 AM
Tech Adept

Default HELP!

Bros, should i get a Kyosho FW-06 RTR brand new or
a Kyosho V-One SIII 2nd hand, with engine, radio, 2 servos and a rechargeable battery??

or should i go for the HPI RS4 Evo+ rtr??
Old 09-08-2008, 12:20 AM
Tech Adept

Are there any track to play Eletric RC ??????
Old 09-08-2008, 07:19 AM
Tech Regular

hi guys, i wan to change rim and tyre for my HPI HELLFIRE, not sure wat rims and tyre suits my ride. how do i know if that rims or tyre suits my ride. Can i just get any brands of 1/8 rims or tyre to fit it. Wat is M2 and M3 means on the rims? please advice thanks
Old 09-08-2008, 10:25 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by boo_saa
hi guys, i wan to change rim and tyre for my HPI HELLFIRE, not sure wat rims and tyre suits my ride. how do i know if that rims or tyre suits my ride. Can i just get any brands of 1/8 rims or tyre to fit it. Wat is M2 and M3 means on the rims? please advice thanks
The Hong Nor offset wheels will look sweet on that Hellfire of yours.Got a friend running those on his Hellfire.Really makes a difference in the appearance.Most 1/8th scale truggy tyres will fit coz originally it's fitted with '0' offset wheels.Makes it easier to fit other makes of wheels.

My personal favourite will be the Proline Crimefighter series mounted on Proline dish rims(easier to wash).If you need to see how it looks like can give me a buzz and I will show you.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:02 PM
1JZ
Tech Initiate

Default Advice needed for Charger

I'm planning to get a charger, currently i got 2 brand in my mind which is T15plus and Hyperion 0606 AC/DC. features and price almost the same. may i know which one shall i choose and why? any one can share with me? thankx
Old 09-10-2008, 08:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by enrique
Bros, should i get a Kyosho FW-06 RTR brand new or
a Kyosho V-One SIII 2nd hand, with engine, radio, 2 servos and a rechargeable battery??

or should i go for the HPI RS4 Evo+ rtr??
i'll buy the one that's latest...fw06?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.