Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered! >

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Like Tree1Likes

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Old 11-03-2007, 02:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sidewayzzzz
I have a newly converted side-by-side from a new stick pack.
Problem is one of the cell self-discharges abnormally.

After equalising the pack, and then charging to peak.
Next day, the bad cell will discharge to less than 1V while the rest are still at 1.38V.

Someone told me could be due to bad solder. After charge has completed for about 30min and battery has cooled, the bad cell seem to have hotter solder joints than the other cells.

Anyone can advise if it is likely a bad cell or just a bad solder joint?

The pack was able to charge to full capacity, and the cell reached 1.5V at peak.
I tried charging the individual cell and it seems to be able to charge to full cap and voltage. Only thing is it discharges so quickly by itself!

my opinion is the cell is bad...
Old 11-03-2007, 02:30 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by hottapole
ive been using my TRF dampers for abt a month and they're much better than the cvas.

however, today, after a normal inspection on the car, i found 1 of the dampers on both front and rear to be longer than the other 2 dampers.

ive looked through them but found nth wrong.

anything to suggest?
shouldn't be leh... unless you strip the thread on the 'every so soft' tamiya ball joint..
Old 11-03-2007, 02:32 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TT01D
help... my digital servo has damaged. where can i repair it? or its better to buy new one?
have it sent to 'sanwa wong' for repair... charges are normally reasonable... but i'm not sure if he deals with end user... normally, hobby shops will consolidate and send to him...

if the cost is more than half of a new servo, i'll suggest that to buy a new one instead...
Old 11-03-2007, 02:34 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Tamiya1218
any one can help me on my EP car?
I got 2 EP Tamiya Car: TA-05R,DF-03.
alredy 2month not run it,yesterday found the motor can not work?only the streering can move?
2 car got same problem.........

But when I move My Futaba R603FS receiver to my GP car is working!
Anyone know what is the problem?
Many Many Thanks!
i think you might missed out the step to set up your esc.... or the model select on your radio is still on you gp car.... use a new empty memory and try setting the esc again...

might help...

2 cents...
Old 11-03-2007, 02:38 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by squad car
Why others post their question outside this thread. And I'm wondering How come they get an immediate response than those who use this thread?
hee... i think it's more eye catching on the main page... sorry, i'm guilty of that...
Old 11-03-2007, 02:42 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Sexytoy.com.sg
Have anyone here try using 2pl with digital servo? have anyone tried? What servo is possible? 9550?

Thanks in advance
generally speaking, digital servo is recommended for FM use... if your 2PL is FM mode, can use any digital servo...

anyway, if digital servo can be used on AM mode, it'll not give you any technical advantage... so why spend more money on a digital servo for a AM radio if it's not going to be any better than a analog servo...

2 cents...
Old 11-03-2007, 02:43 AM
Tech Adept

Have anyone try Tahmazo servo before?? iszit worth buying??
Old 11-03-2007, 02:44 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SuperEk4
I am having problem charging some lipo & batts, it always say batt voltage too low? but my other CTX cell master can charge y?How to fix? thxs!
hi,

sorry, i think there's not enough info to answer your quaries here... if you can fill us in with more details, probably some bros here can help you out...

things like what charge is it? how many cells li-po? ETC....

thanks...
Old 11-03-2007, 02:47 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by hottapole
wat bout the sanwa mx-3 with a digital servo?

thnx
sanwa mx-3 is a FM radio... please take not that the mx-a look almost the same... the mx-a is a AM radio...

yes, the mx-3 can use digital servos...
Old 11-04-2007, 01:23 PM
Tech Regular

Default 3 simple questions

3 Simple question, been playing for 4 years and still dont know answer...

1)When setting up the car, before we measure camber, ride hide, castor, toes.... do we press the car down first then measure or lift the car up and place it on the surface and measure? Both methods give very different reading..
My guess is press the car down then measure...

2)my overall gear ratio is 7.06 (internal 1.88). Spur is 120 and pinion is 32.
is there any difference if i use a different spur, say 90 and pinion 24 to get the same overall gear ratio 7.06?

3)does >=19T motor count as stock motor or is stock motor means silver can 540 ONLY?? all the while i tot 19T and above is considered stock and anything below is modified... not until i was confused by one of the shop owner who asked me if i race stock motor... one of those silver cans ones...
Old 11-04-2007, 05:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default BK track opening times

Which days does the track has extended hours other than friday where it's lighted till midnight?
Old 11-04-2007, 07:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi, usually wed and sat the lights are on also. but it depends on weather and turn out on the day itself i guess.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by bigbutstupid
3 Simple question, been playing for 4 years and still dont know answer...

1)When setting up the car, before we measure camber, ride hide, castor, toes.... do we press the car down first then measure or lift the car up and place it on the surface and measure? Both methods give very different reading..
My guess is press the car down then measure...

2)my overall gear ratio is 7.06 (internal 1.88). Spur is 120 and pinion is 32.
is there any difference if i use a different spur, say 90 and pinion 24 to get the same overall gear ratio 7.06?

3)does >=19T motor count as stock motor or is stock motor means silver can 540 ONLY?? all the while i tot 19T and above is considered stock and anything below is modified... not until i was confused by one of the shop owner who asked me if i race stock motor... one of those silver cans ones...

2) getting the same final ratio won't make any diff. only diff is whether your motor mount and handle that setup. i.e. can the pinion reach the spur or does the spur stick out anywhere. i encountered problems using too small spur and then the motor can't go close enough due to the motor mount holes.

3)stock usually means silver can only. sometimes sports tuned also but mainly it refers to 27 turn motors
Old 11-04-2007, 09:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sidewayzzzz
Which days does the track has extended hours other than friday where it's lighted till midnight?
Originally Posted by Raley
Hi, usually wed and sat the lights are on also. but it depends on weather and turn out on the day itself i guess.
Hi

The weekday nites with lights on are Tuesdays and Fridays. On weekends, the lights are also on on Saturdays. However, for Tuesday night, best to call the shop to confirm. The more people that call, the higher the chances of lights being on on Tuesday. RC is very democratic... people power

PS After reading other thread, better have more smilies to indicate facial expression.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:36 PM
Tech Regular

Default discharging

how many amps should we discharge our STICK pack?

will 20amps kill the pack? lets say for 3700 nimh and the IB4200WC stick pack.

much thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.