Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered! >

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Like Tree1Likes

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Old 06-13-2007, 08:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Default nitrage

Can tamiya Nitrage be use for Competition? and is their car really that good? their parts easy to find?
Old 06-16-2007, 11:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default any idea???

hi, how to run-in a stock motor to gain more turn?
how to so-call maintain a 23 turn to gain more turns?
Old 06-18-2007, 07:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Default AC input chargers

Hi I'm a new RC player into GP cars, just bought a batt charger "LRP-PULSAR2-competition" heard it's one of the top model around but only to found out it's input is DC rather then AC. May I know is there any good and reasonably price AC input charger around?? so I can charge at home?? the PULSAR2 is not cheap......cost me $280......

Btw has posted the charger in the stuff for sale thread so if anyone needs a charger can sms me.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Front one way!

Hi bros here, would like to know what is the advantage of have front one way? when i use front one way, my car will oversteer... why is it so? should i change to differential?

Thanks
Old 06-20-2007, 09:13 AM
40%
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jameslow
Hi bros here, would like to know what is the advantage of have front one way? when i use front one way, my car will oversteer... why is it so? should i change to differential?

Thanks
Actually it depends on a driver preferences. Yes having a one way from technical point of view reduces the friction and u gain more forward motion.But u will have to re calibrate your brakes and practice and improvise on your braking technique.

Some other drivers find that their car runs better with a solid axle

A one-way will freewheel off power and lock up on power, giving you more steering throughout the entire corner. The problem is you can't stop the car if someone or something jumps out in front of you.

A spool is locked all the time, giving you great pull (steering)out of the corner but requires a different setup to get steering entering and mid corner. BUT, you can brake with the car if someone jumps out in front of you which lets you drive more aggressively.

Recap....
one-way= more steering all through the corner but no brakes

Spool= push entering and mid corner (setup can cure this) and mad steering out of the corner. AND brakes

To also add, when using a one way diff, you will only receive rear braking. It will take a while to get use to this and sometimes you may have to brake (gently) before entering a turn. Too much can leave you spinning out. I only use one if I'm on a large track with sweeping turns.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:05 PM
Tech Regular

Arrow need advices from you guys

Hi just want to ask, I want to buy an rc car and my two choices are tt-01 and ta-05 of Tamiya electric on road.
I want to buy tt-01 because some guys believe itís the car for beginners, and not a competitive car
On the other hand, the ta-05 is for the fast guys and if I want to be frustrated and quit the hobby of banging the fast cars buy the ta-05, (is it true?)
Is it making any sense to buy a tt-01 first and learn how to control the rhythm of the car? Before buying a ta-05 to join the race
And if I shifted to move on to a faster car (ta-05), is it possible that all the accessories (hop-ups Ė motor plate, propeller, dampers, turnbuckle, ball differential and universal shafts) from the tt-01 can be transferred to tt-05
Thanks and I will wait for your reply
Old 06-23-2007, 10:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

I think the price difference between the TT-01 and TA-05 is not that much so you might as well get a TA-05. I just got one and its fantastic for the price. Control wise, if you use the stock motor that comes with the kit, its not that fast anyway so you can train your control first then move on to a faster motor.

I think the TT-01 is more for those with very low budget or those who want to play just for fun. my 2 cents heh
Old 06-23-2007, 10:17 PM
Tech Adept

if u interested in racing as well. a tt01 allows in to join e tac stock class. which is a better class for starters.
no point stress urself out in a pro class and get bored of the hobby
Old 06-23-2007, 11:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Need Help Repairing or change Sanwa Vr servo Casing

Does anyone know where to buy the casing for sanwa ERG-VR servo

nd help.

your help and advice is appreciated
Old 06-23-2007, 11:34 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the quick reply guys!
Hmmm, I have two answers with different point of view, it gives me a little bit pain in the ass lol! Guys anymore suggestionssss
How about the spare parts are they inter-changeable?
thanks again

Last edited by squad car; 06-23-2007 at 11:46 PM.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:14 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by squad car
Hmmm, I have two answers with different point of view, it gives me a little bit pain in the ass lol! Guys anymore suggestionssss
thanks again
maybe u should go dwn to the race at millenia walk next mth. and personally see the difference. certainly personally i find e cost is very big diff.
i tink only e shocks are inter- changeable
Old 06-24-2007, 07:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

thanks again

TA05 can be made to go fast or slow, it all depends on yourself. but if you want to stay in this for long term, then TA05 is the car for you as its design will grow with your skills, this car can be made to compete with the best, its all up to you.....
Old 06-24-2007, 08:45 AM
Tech Regular

My worries in buying TA-05 are mixing with the pro and fast guys. Considering this is my early stage of developing my skills in handling an EP is quite scary. Beside my chance of winning in the competition is getting tougher with the bunch of pro on my side. Please donít get me wrong for aiming to win, for me winning is not everything but is one thing to boast one moral and keep on going. Correct me if Iím wrong, I know as a neophyte we seldom think and ask silly question.
Is there any class in racing (novice, intermediate and pro) the TA-05?
Can you please advise me on things to consider in buying a TA-05 especially the important parts?
Is it wise to buy a second hand car rather than a new one?
Guys help me on this, Iím slow learner but I know how to appreciate somebodyís help
thanks a lot
Old 06-24-2007, 09:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

If you want to win races then you better go for the TT-01. but even then it will be tough to win.

both cars need experience and $$ to win races so i guess you can save the $$ and join TT-01 races.

Buying second hand can be a good cheap way of getting equipment. just make sure you get a car in good condition, i.e someone upgrading etc. and try and get all the manuals spares that came with the kit.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

My worries in buying TA-05 are mixing with the pro and fast guys. Considering this is my early stage of developing my skills in handling an EP is quite scary. Beside my chance of winning in the competition is getting tougher with the bunch of pro on my side. Please donít get me wrong for aiming to win, for me winning is not everything but is one thing to boast one moral and keep on going. Correct me if Iím wrong, I know as a neophyte we seldom think and ask silly question.
Is there any class in racing (novice, intermediate and pro) the TA-05?
Can you please advise me on things to consider in buying a TA-05 especially the important parts?
Is it wise to buy a second hand car rather than a new one?
Guys help me on this, Iím slow learner but I know how to appreciate somebodyís help
thanks a lot
Hi, if u are really interested in starting this hobby but have a small budget, its best u get e tt01. This car dun need so much setup compare to the ta05. Furthermore, you can use this car to join e TAC stock class which is meant more for beginner. Of course if u buy a ta05, u can save the cost of buying another car when u get more experience.
In the TAC stock class, u only need to use a mabuchi motor & stock tires which come from e kit. The motor & tires are a lot cheaper compare to e GT class which are using e ta05.
Buying a 2nd hand car is also a good choice but if u have to be careful with some seller. Cos some of their car is in bad shape & u may need to buy e parts to rebuilt it.
For the setting of both car, u can go to the track (RCI) & ask some of e more experience driver. They will be able to help u on e setting.
Come & see us race on e 8th of July at Millenium Walk. You can see the different between both car. Just hope u wont be scared by some of e pro driver when u see what they have on their pit table.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.