Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered! >

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Like Tree1Likes

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Old 01-24-2007, 10:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi,

I am a newbie of MRE, just want to ask Q about the change of roll center:

If I add some shims (eg. 1mm) below the Rear suspension mounts (both in the rear), then the roll center will change, right? Then what happen to the rear traction if I add more to lift up the rear suspension mounts? The car will has more / less roll at the rear??? More grip at the rear??

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-29-2007, 01:29 PM
Tech Addict

Default Rx Tx

Hello all!

I am new to RC! I would like to know about Rx Tx. For instance, how do I prevent frequency clash with another racer? Is it a matter of changing crystals? Or do I just have to press some button on my Rx to resolve the problem? I am currently using Megatech 2PL, but would like to know if I should upgrade to 3PK and those high-end ones.

Also I would like to have on the fly 4WS for my future monster truck. What features must the Rx Tx have such that I can have on-the-fly 4WS?

Is there any resource where I can find all about Rx Tx?

Thanks!
Old 01-29-2007, 04:28 PM
Tech Champion

Location: founding member of THE "like to post BIG BIG pictures in the Off Topic, Special Interest Group".
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by benjigoh
hi, recently i tried to power up my gp car which has not been running for a couple of yrs but the reciever cant seem to start. i try to narrow down the problem by first charging the batt for a few hrs. can feel the batt to be warm so i guess current is going throught the batt. still cant work. could it be the switch faulty or the receiver faulty? is there a way to test? i don hav any spare switch nor revciever. is there a way to narrow down to the cause further? thanks for the help.
i suggest you bring everything down to a hobbyshop to let the owner or peeps there have a look see....could be a number of problems....if you bring it down to winnies, make sure its during office hours...not after work coz thats when she quite busy...i'm sure she'll help you out, if she can't she'll ask her regulars there....very friendly, not intimidating atmosphere there....then if you need to replace say a switch or whatnot, you can get one on the spot to end your "pain"...

opps, just saw the date of this post....haha..i sure hope you manage to sort you problem out already dude.....
Old 01-29-2007, 05:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by compression911
Hello all!

I am new to RC! I would like to know about Rx Tx. For instance, how do I prevent frequency clash with another racer? Is it a matter of changing crystals? Or do I just have to press some button on my Rx to resolve the problem? I am currently using Megatech 2PL, but would like to know if I should upgrade to 3PK and those high-end ones.

Also I would like to have on the fly 4WS for my future monster truck. What features must the Rx Tx have such that I can have on-the-fly 4WS?

Is there any resource where I can find all about Rx Tx?

Thanks!
if you are new to RC, you might want to stick to the simple one for the time being. 2PL should be enough.

To prevent frequency clash, normally the track will have a frequency board, those who wants to run their car, will write down the freq numbers. And those who come later always need to cheque the board before they even turn their Tx on. If there's a frequency clash, find the person and resolve, one of you need to change to another frequency (by changing the crystals).

alternatively, there's this spektrum technology which will eliminate frequency clash problem.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Mugen?

Where can i get the Mugen-MXT4?

I searched for Pacific Model but i couldnt find the shop at Sim Lim Square?

Btw, how much does the kit roughly cost?
Old 01-30-2007, 08:43 PM
40%
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ecleftone
Where can i get the Mugen-MXT4?

I searched for Pacific Model but i couldnt find the shop at Sim Lim Square?

Btw, how much does the kit roughly cost?
The shop has moved to River valley

PACIFIC MODEL (Andrew Chin) 97450212 ,
River valley road .
River valley building G-floor
Old 01-30-2007, 09:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Where is that? Nm, ill look it up.

Does anyone know how much the MTX 4 cost?
Old 01-31-2007, 04:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default replacement Engine

Anyone have a suggestion on a replacement engine for a VonesII? I'm thinking of buying a pullstart one. not for racing.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default V1SII Engine.

Originally Posted by prgervacio
Anyone have a suggestion on a replacement engine for a VonesII? I'm thinking of buying a pullstart one. not for racing.
You can go to Tai Sing, they got some engine thats for normal playing cost less than $150/-
Old 02-01-2007, 04:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Where can i get Protoform body shells here in Singapore?

200mm. Whats the price like normally?
Old 02-06-2007, 07:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Can NIMH batteries be charged using NICD chargers?
Old 02-06-2007, 09:25 AM
Tech Rookie

Matching Batterys what to match them up by when individual getting info should i match them up by volts mah discharge time or what
Old 02-19-2007, 11:05 PM
Tech Adept

Default Starter box and Rx Batteries queries

I hv 2 queries to raise:

1. What other functions does a starter box have besides providing a rotational torque for the RC nitro car/buggy? Are there different type of starter box..beside the sizes..?

2. i'm using a AA size Duracell batteries for the RX pack.. so it's a 6V Rx pack..
How long can it last before i need to change it? and will the truggy run away if the battery is low in power? And what is the different if i change it to Nimh or Nicad? is it adviseable to change it to rechargeable and why?

Pls kindly advise and thanks in advance.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by viperviper
I hv 2 queries to raise:

1. What other functions does a starter box have besides providing a rotational torque for the RC nitro car/buggy? Are there different type of starter box..beside the sizes..?

2. i'm using a AA size Duracell batteries for the RX pack.. so it's a 6V Rx pack..
How long can it last before i need to change it? and will the truggy run away if the battery is low in power? And what is the different if i change it to Nimh or Nicad? is it adviseable to change it to rechargeable and why?

Pls kindly advise and thanks in advance.
1: No other function other than resting ur car on it after a run but you need it to start ur engines unless you use pull starter or rotor start(HPI only) there is starter box which literally is starter in a box. and there are hand held starters which as the name says, hand held. ie: the use of ur hand holder the starter replaces that of a box.

2: how long depends on how you play. most change to nimh cuz the cost is much much lower compared to keep having to buy alkaline batts. a rx batt pack costs about 30ish dollars... lasts you a really long time. do your math. 4x alkaline = $4??? use 1 sunday gone... rechargable.... use for many many sundays
Old 02-20-2007, 01:09 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by lobo
2: .......... 4x alkaline = $4??? use 1 sunday gone... rechargable.... use for many many sundays
Use only on sundy wah???

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.