Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered! >

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Like Tree1Likes

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Old 08-03-2006, 09:29 PM
  #1531  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Geylang
Posts: 127
Talking

[QUOTE=BOSS]Hi dude, 7 tanks should be more than enough/ I normally run in mine for 4-5 tanks and works well. Cheers [/QUOTE

Hi Boss, thank you so much, i did 10 tanks and still afraid to go full speed. Now i know. hehe.... Cheers
RJNG is offline  
Old 08-07-2006, 05:15 PM
  #1532  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (1)
 
RRR_rookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 33
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Cool RRR set up

Hi guys, i'm new with Kyosho RRR, i was wondering if anyone knows whats the set up for RRR. Such as the droop,camber,and ride height. Can anyone advice me on this. Many thanks.
RRR_rookie is offline  
Old 08-10-2006, 11:47 PM
  #1533  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Singapore
Posts: 71
Default

Hi,
I have an M03 with am sanwa reciever and the tamiya esc that comes with the Kit. I'm having problems with my electronics. sometimes the car does not respond to any input from my transmitter. the ESC just keeps on beeping. then i try to move the jiggle wires a bit and then it works. would this mean a faulty ESC? also, there are times when the car would still move even after i have released the throttle and i can also hear the servo move from side to side (very minute movement) any recommendations on what i can do to fix this? dunno much about electrics
prgervacio is offline  
Old 08-11-2006, 07:24 PM
  #1534  
Tech Fanatic
 
Blueshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Singapore
Posts: 869
Default TP-M8 ESC setup

Hi, just to let our fellow RCers know how to set it up. I just got one from HK for fun. Problem is, you'll need to know how to read chinese (old style) as the instructions are in chinese. anyway, for those who want to set it up and have no idea how to, here are some instructions!

To set up TP-M8 ESC from TP/Skyline Eletronics.
1. Know that it is a one-touch ESC
2. Connect ESC to receiver and battery.
3. Do not connect to motor.
4. Press and hold set-up button for ~2-3 secs.
5. Wait for the F and B lights (Forward and Brake lights) Red and Green respectively to light up.
6. Leave throttle in neutral position at this stage.
7. Once both lights disappear, move throttle to 3/4 forward position.
8. Red light (F) will appear (Keep throttle in F 3/4 position).
9. Once Red light disappears, move throttle to 3/4 Reverse (Brake) position.
10. Keep 3/4 Reverse untill green light appears and watch the green light at this stage.
11. The green light will remain 'on' and will blink once, very quickly!
12. Once you've observed the blink, the ESC is set!
13. Try moving the throttle forward and reverse and you will see that the settings are what you have just set up.
14. If you want to reset the 3/4 position to your preference, follow the setup from 4. (above). again.
15. Hope this helps, and its a good ESC cos its pretty low cost and even if it melts, which it doesn't (using 10T), just get another one.
16. And have fun!
Blueshark is offline  
Old 08-11-2006, 09:11 PM
  #1535  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3
Default

So I blew my Duratrax Streak ESC (forward only, 12+ turn limit) tonight. I've had it for a few years, and parts of it are starting to melt. I have a Trinity Pro Kobal 13T double motor.
I'm looking to get a new ESC, preferably one with reverse and low, to no motor limit. I don't need anything too crazy. I'm looking at the Associated A.I. Automatic Bullet Reversible ESC. It has forward/reverse/brake and no motor limit for $90 at Tower Hobbies. Has anyone heard anything about it, and how it's supposed to be?
I've also forgotten some of my knowledge about these electric motors and the turns. Lower turns = faster but shorter battery life... higher turns = slower but more torque and longer life? how would a stock (27T) motor be compared to my 13T double? and can someone explain the single, double, triple, etc?
TIA
Derek Zoolander is offline  
Old 08-13-2006, 06:31 AM
  #1536  
tsw
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 100
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hello. I have this Ex 1 for ko propo transmiter sometime back. Do you guys know where i can find the instruction manual for the tx? Could not find the manual in the official website. Note that the ex 1 is not the digital type. Any help would be much appreciated

tsw is offline  
Old 08-13-2006, 08:53 AM
  #1537  
Tech Adept
 
Sp1ke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bishan
Posts: 241
Default

Originally Posted by Derek Zoolander
So I blew my Duratrax Streak ESC (forward only, 12+ turn limit) tonight. I've had it for a few years, and parts of it are starting to melt. I have a Trinity Pro Kobal 13T double motor.
I'm looking to get a new ESC, preferably one with reverse and low, to no motor limit. I don't need anything too crazy. I'm looking at the Associated A.I. Automatic Bullet Reversible ESC. It has forward/reverse/brake and no motor limit for $90 at Tower Hobbies. Has anyone heard anything about it, and how it's supposed to be?
I've also forgotten some of my knowledge about these electric motors and the turns. Lower turns = faster but shorter battery life... higher turns = slower but more torque and longer life? how would a stock (27T) motor be compared to my 13T double? and can someone explain the single, double, triple, etc?
TIA
Hi man... regarding esc, try to stick with one that has no motor limit... using a motor turn too close to the speedo spec can also still fry your speedo... even if your speedo is a 12 turn limit and u use a 13 turn motor... simply cos of your application.... i have no experience with the A.I range... but i have used a few diff types of LRP speedos and i must say that they prevail even in some very adverse conditions... but strangely enough, even the most simple of setup procedures may turn awry with them...

regarding the motors, yes, your take on them is right... lower turns mean more rpm and less torque and vice versa... regarding batt life, there could be some debate to that... because higher turn motors have more torque, it means a higher amp draw meaning if u gun it often, your amp draw will always be shooting up and thus the batt capacity shortens faster... as for lower turn motors, the amp draw is significantly higher but u run it at a constant rate cos of the power of your motor... adding up to a faster draining batt too... brushless systems have the most significant power saving properties because the is very little friction in side the motor itself, thus the armature is ALMOST free running with the exception of the upper and lower bearings....

now abt the double triple thing, here's a site regarding most questions abt R/C terms... check it out under the MOTOR section....

Car Setup Guide

hope this helps...
Sp1ke is offline  
Old 08-21-2006, 08:30 PM
  #1538  
Tech Adept
 
deadrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Singapore
Posts: 180
Default new owner

hi, i just got my ta05 recently, using a 19turn brush on the stock setup, spur gear, pinion gear & etc, how do i know what kinda pinion gear i need in order not to let the motor burn out, i'm running with a futaba 330 esc too, your feedback is greatly appreciated, thanks
deadrat is offline  
Old 08-22-2006, 01:27 AM
  #1539  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
^zed^'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Jurong West
Posts: 433
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 7-cell hump pack

hi, does any bro here know of anybody or any LHS tat sells customised 7 cell hump packs? wat i wan is a 8.4V stick pack, wif a extra cell on top of e commonly used 6 cell pack wrapped & comes wif connectors for rc cars.
thanks =)
^zed^ is offline  
Old 08-22-2006, 01:38 AM
  #1540  
GKC
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
GKC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Singapore
Posts: 520
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by deadrat
hi, i just got my ta05 recently, using a 19turn brush on the stock setup, spur gear, pinion gear & etc, how do i know what kinda pinion gear i need in order not to let the motor burn out, i'm running with a futaba 330 esc too, your feedback is greatly appreciated, thanks
Maybe you can try asking about the gear ratio on this thread, drivers from States are more familiar with 19T motors.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=68261
GKC is offline  
Old 08-22-2006, 01:49 AM
  #1541  
GKC
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
GKC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Singapore
Posts: 520
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by prgervacio
Hi,
I have an M03 with am sanwa reciever and the tamiya esc that comes with the Kit. I'm having problems with my electronics. sometimes the car does not respond to any input from my transmitter. the ESC just keeps on beeping. then i try to move the jiggle wires a bit and then it works. would this mean a faulty ESC? also, there are times when the car would still move even after i have released the throttle and i can also hear the servo move from side to side (very minute movement) any recommendations on what i can do to fix this? dunno much about electrics
Try checking and ensuring that the connectors from the ESC and servo are installed correctly into the receiver (firmly pushed in). Next ensure that the crystal is properly installed and not loose. Also try to move the receiver further away from the ESC to avoid glitches. And ensure that both the car's and transmitter battery power are sufficient for it to function correctly. Hope this helps
GKC is offline  
Old 08-22-2006, 02:00 AM
  #1542  
GKC
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
GKC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Singapore
Posts: 520
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ^zed^
hi, does any bro here know of anybody or any LHS tat sells customised 7 cell hump packs? wat i wan is a 8.4V stick pack, wif a extra cell on top of e commonly used 6 cell pack wrapped & comes wif connectors for rc cars.
thanks =)
Best way is to contact the LHS directly and check if they are able to customise the pack for you.

Another way is to DIY. Get a stick pack, tear up the shrink warp, remove the battery bar at the bottom of the pack, stick the extra cell on top and solder connecting wires to the cell and then finally find a big shrink wrap to seal it all up. If your car/project is able to accept the cells in side by side configuration with the cell at the top on one end of the pack, its much easier
GKC is offline  
Old 08-22-2006, 03:41 AM
  #1543  
Tech Regular
 
ofna's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 261
Default

Originally Posted by ^zed^
hi, does any bro here know of anybody or any LHS tat sells customised 7 cell hump packs? wat i wan is a 8.4V stick pack, wif a extra cell on top of e commonly used 6 cell pack wrapped & comes wif connectors for rc cars.
thanks =)
you can go to BK.Jalan Penjara.Im sure he will do it for you for a small sum.I did it before something similar..
ofna is offline  
Old 08-22-2006, 03:51 AM
  #1544  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
^zed^'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Jurong West
Posts: 433
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 7 cell battery pack

Originally Posted by ofna
you can go to BK.Jalan Penjara.Im sure he will do it for you for a small sum.I did it before something similar..
thanks alot!!!
^zed^ is offline  
Old 08-22-2006, 03:55 AM
  #1545  
Tech Regular
 
ofna's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 261
Default

Originally Posted by ^zed^
thanks alot!!!
He has most of the stuff..need batt can buy from him too.
ofna is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.