Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered! >

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Like Tree1Likes

Newbies Queries - Ask and you shall be answered!

Old 05-21-2006, 11:55 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Body shell painting

I'd love to know if there are any sites out there that has a video on rattlecan painting on a body shell, there is definately something wrong with my technique . Read quite a number of sites on spraypainting and still I'm not improving maybe due to the lack of talent lol.

Please share ya fabulous spray painting tip sites and videos I'd really appreciate it =D

Thanks alot for reading this.
Old 05-23-2006, 07:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

can I put 40mhz crystal on a 27mhz rx would it work? never dare to try,scare to burn the crystal
Old 05-23-2006, 07:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by technicapot
can I put 40mhz crystal on a 27mhz rx would it work? never dare to try,scare to burn the crystal
Cannot la.....

Please do not try also...
Old 05-23-2006, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ignisports
I'd love to know if there are any sites out there that has a video on rattlecan painting on a body shell, there is definately something wrong with my technique . Read quite a number of sites on spraypainting and still I'm not improving maybe due to the lack of talent lol.

Please share ya fabulous spray painting tip sites and videos I'd really appreciate it =D

rattlecan painting is pretty simple and don't require much technique. first of all, are you using the correct paint? you need to use polycarbonate/lexan paint (tamiya PS paints), second you can't spray it too close to the shell, about 30cm from the shell shd be fine. third, do it in thin layers.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default recommend batt and charger

Hi, can anyone recommend a battery and charger combo for my TA05? budget $100+ for charger and $60-70 for each batt. Is that a decent budget? please advise. thanks
Old 05-31-2006, 07:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi everyone, just started playing RC. Got a question to ask. What the different between a double wind Armature and a single wind Armature. E.g those motor put 8x2 turn and 8turn. Thanks.
Old 06-07-2006, 04:56 AM
Tech Regular

just to clear my doubt over this issues of nitro. higher percentage of nitro will run cooler than lower % of nitro because you dont have to lean it that much to gain the same power. is it true? then why there is a need to add thicker shim the head when using higher percentage of nitro beacuse it burn hotter, if this is also true than this theory will create conflict with my first question?????
Old 06-07-2006, 09:11 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Aegis
Hi everyone, just started playing RC. Got a question to ask. What the different between a double wind Armature and a single wind Armature. E.g those motor put 8x2 turn and 8turn. Thanks.
in a nutshell...... torque output... more winds more overall peak torque.. the max i know is quad wind.... 10x4... insane man...
Old 06-07-2006, 09:12 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ignisports

hope this helps bro... http://www.rccaraction.com/rc/articles/htShake_1.asp
Old 06-08-2006, 09:48 AM
Tech Regular

Default turns

this there anyway to see how many turn a motor have if let say all the sticker has been peel off, or there is no indication of what model or make the motor are.

is there a tell tale sign on the engine, eg like engraving etc to tell the motor spec?
Old 06-08-2006, 08:55 PM
Tech Adept

you can take the motor apart and see the engraving or writing on the motor armature... if u cannot take out, then its a stock silver can motor which means its 27turn single.. here's a HOW-TO page to disassemble a motor...

Motor Maintenence
Old 06-08-2006, 09:07 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Sp1ke
you can take the motor apart and see the engraving or writing on the motor armature... if u cannot take out, then its a stock silver can motor which means its 27turn single.. here's a HOW-TO page to disassemble a motor...

Motor Maintenence

Thanks Bro for your help, havent touch on EP car yet....so really know nuts about it. the only ep car i have the one I bought for my kid in takashimaya.
really have the urge to buy a ep buggy for my son but just dont really what to choose. I have asked around the only comment that I got is not to buy dark impact. any recommendation. I spend too much on GP aready, so limiting my spend on EP, if not wife will sure "cry father cry mother".
Old 06-08-2006, 11:51 PM
Tech Adept

the main question is, why people say dun get dark impact? what kind of buggy u looking for? parts are easy to find for tamiya buggies.. u want something with more stable and available parts, get my df02 buggy... hahahaha... j/k... if u want your son to have the feeling of a buggy, get a 4wd one first... no one else i can think of makes a better entry level buggy than tamiya...
Old 06-09-2006, 12:42 AM
Tech Regular

well, this is the feedback that I got, saying that it's need more replacement place as you trash along, so I take it as the downtime for this buggy is pretty high?. I dont mind getting your DF02 (sorry, dont know what is it, check it out on the web later) as I presume that you are the experience ep guy that would recommend a good and reliable buggy. how much you are asking anyway, minus the servo and controller? (I have many of them)
Old 06-09-2006, 12:57 AM
Tech Adept

i've updated my post in the selling section dude... i'm not as experienced as half these guys here... but i started out with this buggy cos i wanted to try out offroad..... its seemed like a good choice until i got itchy hands and bought a more "pro" buggy... hahahaha... then needed to sell this one to keep up with this new buggy... if no one wants it before i go NS, i'll keep it... too much blood sweat and tears went into my df02.... even though its a simple buggy....

as for down time, i've only been held back playing this buggy cos of finances... the most was 2 weeks... hahaha... other than that, i dun have to spend too much time wrenching on this buggy...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.