R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Singapore R/C Racers (https://www.rctech.net/forum/singapore-r-c-racers-22/)
-   -   Steering binding (https://www.rctech.net/forum/singapore-r-c-racers/191453-steering-binding.html)

SuperEk4 11-18-2007 03:27 PM

Steering binding

Hi, need help here. I have this problem twice the steering of TF-5 sometimes binds. The car tends to sway either left or right depends on where u turn. I check the servo its ok, change the servo saver already, sanded the turnbuckles(so no binding) still the problem is there?

W/o servo attachment the movement is smooth.

Nov 11-18-2007 04:14 PM

Could it be the servo itself?
Last time when I used an old analog S3003, it gave me similar problems...;)

SuperEk4 11-18-2007 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Nov (Post 3879748)
Could it be the servo itself?
Last time when I used an old analog S3003, it gave me similar problems...;)

I m using a KO servo leh. I tested w/o load on the servo its ok.

DECK 11-18-2007 05:47 PM

hi alan, check your servo centering.. your servo could be working but it might have a problem with centering.. :)

SuperEk4 11-19-2007 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by DECK (Post 3880091)
hi alan, check your servo centering.. your servo could be working but it might have a problem with centering.. :)

Change to another servo same problem, I give up. Will send to BK to check. Damm sian...

Ray Lan 11-19-2007 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by SuperEk4 (Post 3882081)
check the servo its ok, change the servo saver already, ...

TF-5 as in Kyosho TF-5?

You mention changed the servo saver, to which brand? The original one was found faulty on a very fast driver's car a few months back. He had the "turn left keep left, turn right keep right" problem. Change to Kimbrough ok liao. If not, then must be your servo.

NOVICE4EVER 11-19-2007 05:02 PM

where to buy "Kimbrough" servo saver
thanks!

hoppie 11-19-2007 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Lan (Post 3882251)
TF-5 as in Kyosho TF-5?

You mention changed the servo saver, to which brand? The original one was found faulty on a very fast driver's car a few months back. He had the "turn left keep left, turn right keep right" problem. Change to Kimbrough ok liao. If not, then must be your servo.

u also very fast driver leh :lol::lol::lol:

SuperEk4 11-20-2007 12:00 AM

change servo saver already

Alfie 11-20-2007 01:41 AM

Check the kingpins that are holding onto the knuckles. Make sure that you do not tighten the kingpin screws.

Also, check the Ball cups that are holding to the Ball ends to make the steering work. They could be binding, or holding too tight to the balls. :confused::weird: No pun intended.

Hmm... OR you could be driving too fast that your car is holding onto its balls. I mean Ball Ends.

ALfie

Ray Lan 11-20-2007 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by hoppie (Post 3884459)
u also very fast driver leh :lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for the compliment. :blush:

But if you think i'm fast, which I really don't think... you should see my car hit the main straight corner... fly very fast into Bk's front door.:D Fast no use, must consistantly fast, buang one time jialat jialat, how fast oso no use... I still practicing. THIS guy is much faster, but I guess EK4 has found him. ;)

Kimbrough Servo Savers
are now marketed by Eagle brand. But if you walk into an R/C shop and ask for Kimbrough servo saver, the shop owner should know what you mean. These have different models to suit different servos. So to be safe, bring the servo along if its your first time buying. Elite, RCI, Rotor are the shops I know who has them :)

SuperEk4 11-20-2007 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Alfie (Post 3885650)
Check the kingpins that are holding onto the knuckles. Make sure that you do not tighten the kingpin screws.

Also, check the Ball cups that are holding to the Ball ends to make the steering work. They could be binding, or holding too tight to the balls. :confused::weird: No pun intended.

Hmm... OR you could be driving too fast that your car is holding onto its balls. I mean Ball Ends.

ALfie

Haha my car is a female no BALLS, boobs only. I m passing to Nick for a check up. Tired of trial & error.

SuperEk4 11-20-2007 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by Ray Lan (Post 3886491)
Thanks for the compliment. :blush:

But if you think i'm fast, which I really don't think... you should see my car hit the main straight corner... fly very fast into Bk's front door.:D Fast no use, must consistantly fast, buang one time jialat jialat, how fast oso no use... I still practicing. THIS guy is much faster, but I guess EK4 has found him. ;)

Kimbrough Servo Savers
are now marketed by Eagle brand. But if you walk into an R/C shop and ask for Kimbrough servo saver, the shop owner should know what you mean. These have different models to suit different servos. So to be safe, bring the servo along if its your first time buying. Elite, RCI, Rotor are the shops I know who has them :)

That guy is Nick Kyosho driver, he drives BL super fast. My driving is BS same car diff ppl. Hes nice always help newbies.

Btw i brought many Kimbrough servo savers for rainy days.

hardrider 11-20-2007 03:27 PM

Bro, your car spoilt already. Not good anymore
I think u better give it to me :lol:

SuperEk4 11-21-2007 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by hardrider (Post 3887886)
Bro, your car spoilt already. Not good anymore
I think u better give it to me :lol:

too late I gv to Nick already.