Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
Bought wrong TB01 universals..... >

Bought wrong TB01 universals.....

Bought wrong TB01 universals.....

Old 12-12-2001, 08:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Bought wrong TB01 universals.....

I bought the long version for both my front and rear but it should be used only for the rear , thus I got one that I cant use. It fits TG10's rear too, anybody wants it? Or does anyone have the normal length universal to exchange?
Thx.........
Old 12-14-2001, 08:59 AM
Tech Regular

hi there,
recently, i up grade my tb01 with long arm set. Therefore, my universal shaft cannot be use. Maybe u want to exchange or trade with me your long universal shaft.
U can email me at [email protected] if interested or want further details.
Old 12-14-2001, 09:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hmmmm..the part is 53410
better make sure u can use it first....
Another guy wants it too.....but I dont think it can fit the long arm set since it fits my arm......
but its intention was to widen the track width at the back for normal arms....so im not sure.......
anyway....any improvements in the performance after u upgraded to those arms?
I got understeer problems.....so upgrading wont help
Old 12-14-2001, 03:51 PM
Tech Regular

hi,
i check the tamiya site.... u are right, i can't use your universal set. i need the 53431 L-sus set. Sorry, can't help u then.
The long arm set is rather costly. If you really intend to stick with the TB01, u can consider buying the long arm set. It really improves the over all handling as the arm joints are extended. In another words, the arms is also for TB EVO.

Tips on using long arm set if u already have the original universal shaft. After buying the long arm set, buy 4 pcs of 1260 ball bearing, 1 packet of TA04 front up right.

When building, replace the front up right by the TA04 front up right so that u can use the 1150 ball bearing with the universal shaft u already have. This will prevent u from wasting a set of ball bearing and universal shaft. As for the rear, use the 1260 ball bearing and the dog bone provided. It's ok to use dog bone at the rear.

Feels, look and drive like a TB EVO.....but at a higher price.
Old 12-14-2001, 03:56 PM
Tech Regular

maybe i should stress that the long arm set comes with wheel axle that uses 1260 metal bearing. Therefore, what u have on the TB01 cannot be use. Therefore u have to find a way ( Like me...) to counter this problem. Else, just spend more money on the 53431 universal shaft (L sus) and 8 pcs of 1260 ball bearing to solve the problem.
Old 12-15-2001, 08:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

nevermind.....Ill stay with the Normal arms for now.....
No $$..........