R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Singapore R/C Racers (https://www.rctech.net/forum/singapore-r-c-racers-22/)
-   -   Tamiya TRF501x owners unite! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/singapore-r-c-racers/175048-tamiya-trf501x-owners-unite.html)

Lplate 08-01-2007 12:27 PM

Tamiya TRF501x owners unite!

Just thought maybe it's about time owners of this beautiful EP buggy get together to discuss and to play. So all who own the TRF501x please stand up.

foampervert 08-01-2007 08:54 PM

hyucks,

wish i had one!

i have a mr4bxthough... it's almost a 501x.

i've been wondering if the tamiya diffs and aluminuim diff halves would fit. i really am not overly keen on the yokomo design.

Lplate 08-02-2007 05:38 AM

I'm not sure about the Yokomo... I'm just a beginner heheh.
Hoping to find other TRF501x owners. I think SeaDoo is selling a brand new assembled one. The price looks right.

foampervert 08-03-2007 06:36 AM

yup

it's a good buy, ima quite tempted myself, but then i dunt quite agree with the body shell.

so, if i do get it. the body shell's gotta go.

hyucks, no offense seedoo!;)

Lplate 08-03-2007 10:57 AM

Does no one else own the TRF501x? Looking for kaki leh.

sidewayz 08-06-2007 10:28 AM

Hey Lplate,
I just got it off Seadoo. Havent run in yet. Got the mamba 5700 to go with it. Charger and Lipo yet to order. Will update when i get it running.

Lplate 08-10-2007 12:54 AM

I currently using 4200mah NiMh.
Waiting for 4400 Maxamp Lipo Saddlepack to arrive.
Seems to take awhile.
Meanwhile figuring out how to set up my 501x for maximum fun. :D

Lplate 08-12-2007 09:45 PM

Tested my 501x at Sengkang Farmway track yesterday and was quite pleased with the performance. Being used to jumping my Hyper8 lastime, i tried to do the same with my 501x.

And luckily it's one tough buggy :) Only bent the screw on the shock tower when i landed on my back, but after i replaced it, nothing broke already. Either that or it's because I didnt play much.
Only have one set of batteries. :lol:

Looking for good and cheap set of 2nd-hand 4200 Nimh now.
The last set i bought 2nd hand dunno why keep on chargin until 3000+mah only. Anyone know what's the problem? The battery or my charger? Am using the Speed Ex15 to charge the 2nd hand Intellect 4200 World Champion.

larlee 08-13-2007 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Lplate (Post 3574048)
Tested my 501x at Sengkang Farmway track yesterday and was quite pleased with the performance. Being used to jumping my Hyper8 lastime, i tried to do the same with my 501x.

And luckily it's one tough buggy :) Only bent the screw on the shock tower when i landed on my back, but after i replaced it, nothing broke already. Either that or it's because I didnt play much.
Only have one set of batteries. :lol:

Looking for good and cheap set of 2nd-hand 4200 Nimh now.
The last set i bought 2nd hand dunno why keep on chargin until 3000+mah only. Anyone know what's the problem? The battery or my charger? Am using the Speed Ex15 to charge the 2nd hand Intellect 4200 World Champion.

maybe the batt is dead that's why you cant charge above 4000

Lplate 08-15-2007 01:51 AM

Battery updates:
Just got some 2nd hand nimh at very attractive prices from a sorta nice seller.

After reading abit in the US forums, i think you guys are right. Most of the batteries I got have deteriorated to the point that they peak/'are fully charged' way below the said capacity(eg. IB4200 peak at 3600mah or even less!).
Another thing i read on the US forums is that deteriorated nimh also typically get real hot when they reach maximum charge capacity.

So to my fellow EP beginners, i think maybe we shouldnt pay too much for 2nd hand batteries unless the sellers can prove that the batteries perform like they are new :p

Of cos another possibility is that my charger is crappy and that we shouldn't trust the capacity reading on under-$200 chargers :lol:

Lplate 08-15-2007 02:03 AM

My MaxAmps 4400mah Lipo Saddlepack has arrived!!

Got it yesterday by post. Tried to lay it out on my TRF501x chassis and hmm... problem.

Wiring that came with the saddlepacks press against the carbonfiber upper deck and make it almost impossible for the batteries to sit flat on the chassis. Have to adjust or modify my wiring i guess. At the same time may have to create a battery tray to hold it down firmly and protect it from impact when i crash, which is quite often heheh.

If anyone is ordering these MaxAmp saddlepacks for your TRF501x you may wanna ask them to make sure the wires come out differently and also to give abit more wiring.

Lplate 08-15-2007 02:14 AM

Just got my replacement screw set from RCSCREWZ.COM!

These are stainless steel screws that can replace the supposedly weak original screws(based on reviews I read as well as the screw I broke when my buggy landed on its back). Will probably replace as and when i break or strip any of the original screws.

Another option for replacement screws would be Tony's Screws. They claim to be the best but I'd already ordered mine from rcscrewz so too bad.

3Racing also has a set of Titanium Screws (oooh) for our buggy. Also didnt know that until i ordered mine :blush:

Lplate 08-17-2007 01:46 AM

[B]Sunday Sengkang TRF Buggy Bash!! [/B]

I'm looking forward to go Sengkang for a bash on Sunday! :)
Probably around 1.30 or 2pm.

Any TRF501x or other EP offroad drivers wanna go?

If you don't drive, I can pick you up from an mrt station nearby.
Either Sengkang or AMK/YCK.

Just sms or gimme a call at 96911216 (Ben)

larlee 08-17-2007 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by Lplate (Post 3589316)

Enjoy,
Can't join you as I will be at TAC.

Tamiya1218 08-17-2007 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by Lplate (Post 3589316)

Hi Ben,
maybe i'll be there early morning!
Need to test my X1-CR Team kit!
and,
Wanna to see your nice Bug---501 to fly .