Hi....

Old 05-01-2007, 10:40 PM
Hua
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Hi....

Hey hi ppl here..i duno if tis is the right place to ask questions here coz im new here..hehe

I need some advice about Tb-02 or an TB evo3..

I was thinking about buying a 2nd hand TB-02 and convert it to a TB evo 03 by purchasing the seperate TB evo 3 chassis part and other items but is it worth it? Coz i duno how much is the TB evo 3 chassis cost and currently im still a student didnt have much allowance . ..

Thanks..
Old 05-01-2007, 11:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

hi hua,

i tink it's pretty impossible to convert it n it will cost alot more then u buy a evo kit.

why not go for the evo 5??

juz my 2cent worth..

cheers..
Old 05-02-2007, 12:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Don't bother about the conversion, it is better to go for a used EVO 4 or EVO 5, there are some used EVO 4 going for quite good prices. Also there are still alot of parts available for a EVO4. My humble opinion.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:35 AM
Nov
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hua
I was thinking about buying a 2nd hand TB-02 and convert it to a TB evo 03 by purchasing the seperate TB evo 3 chassis part and other items but is it worth it? Coz i duno how much is the TB evo 3 chassis cost and currently im still a student didnt have much allowance . ..

Thanks..
Do you plan to go into drifting or grip driving? And whats your budget?
Old 05-02-2007, 03:46 AM
Hua
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Nov
Do you plan to go into drifting or grip driving? And whats your budget?
Am going for grip driving..but not sure about price lol, maybe u can tell me a price and i'll think about it can?
Old 05-02-2007, 03:49 AM
Nov
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I think the TB02 goes for $150-200 without electronics...
With electronics, I guess you're looking at around $300-450...Correct me if I'm wrong...Thanks...
Old 05-04-2007, 05:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default TB02 to Evo conversion

Hua,

Its not impossible to fully convert a TB02 to an EVO 3, but rather its not cost effective.You'd end up spending the amount of a EVO5 at the end of the conversion. But, if u r really keen on doing it..then no one can stop u.

Altho, if u are rather keen on driving the car and experiencing wat it can offer u, a more cost effective way is to hunt around for a used EVO 4.These can range starting from 250 onwards ( just a rough estimate )

Else, u can still enjoy driving the TB02, with a little of hop ups along the way.

Hope dis helps

regards
EE

Originally Posted by Hua
Hey hi ppl here..i duno if tis is the right place to ask questions here coz im new here..hehe

I need some advice about Tb-02 or an TB evo3..

Thanks..
Old 05-04-2007, 06:14 AM
Hua
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Evil Ernie
Hua,

Its not impossible to fully convert a TB02 to an EVO 3, but rather its not cost effective.You'd end up spending the amount of a EVO5 at the end of the conversion. But, if u r really keen on doing it..then no one can stop u.

Altho, if u are rather keen on driving the car and experiencing wat it can offer u, a more cost effective way is to hunt around for a used EVO 4.These can range starting from 250 onwards ( just a rough estimate )

Else, u can still enjoy driving the TB02, with a little of hop ups along the way.

Hope dis helps

regards
EE
Thx evil ernie and the others for the advice...i might be thinkin going for an evo4, but for now..i hav to start saving $$$ hehe...