R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Singapore R/C Racers (https://www.rctech.net/forum/singapore-r-c-racers-22/)
-   -   Mamba max 7700 questions (https://www.rctech.net/forum/singapore-r-c-racers/160559-mamba-max-7700-questions.html)

SuperEk4 04-25-2007 07:15 AM

Mamba max 7700 questions

Hi, I just installed a mamba max 7700 into my ta05r but I found out my car was jerking & sometimes no power or glitching. But once I adjust or touch the wires on the motor connecting the ESC it was ok again. After 1 or 2 laps the same thing will happen again.

Izzit the wires they supplied was not good enough? Or Its better I solder the motor direct to the ESC?

Any mambax user can advise me? thxs!

rcaddict 04-25-2007 07:24 AM

wat batt u using? lousy batt can cause such prob.batt connectors plays a part, .the motor can draw more amps than ur connectors can supply, wat type of batt connectors u use anyway? gear too high also will have such jerking. try setting ur start power too higher. is ur antenna touching the esc/motor/wires or too near to it? u can always change the connectors if u problem persist, or like u said, simple just do away with the connectors and solder them.

SuperEk4 04-25-2007 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by rcaddict
wat batt u using? lousy batt can cause such prob.batt connectors plays a part, .the motor can draw more amps than ur connectors can supply, wat type of batt connectors u use anyway? gear too high also will have such jerking. try setting ur start power too higher. is ur antenna touching the esc/motor/wires or too near to it? u can always change the connectors if u problem persist, or like u said, simple just do away with the connectors and solder them.

I m using Dean's plug. My batts range from 3700mah to 4300mah, my pinion is 22T to 112 spur gear. My antenna is near but i m using spektrum.

rcaddict 04-25-2007 08:07 AM

all batts behave the same? i dun have spectrum so i cant comment, but normal fm n pcm no probs, the minor glitch i have are all due to batt n geraings, nothing to do with radios, maybe just try to place the rx/antena further from esc n especially motor.

SuperEk4 05-01-2007 12:53 AM

Anyone running mamba max 7700 on touring? Wats your ESC setup? I have to lower everything & under gear the ratio. EPA on 60% if not the car is insane too fast & stressful for the gears. Hee how come no one is running B.L on Ta05 mostly is 415 or high end cars?

Care to share?

deadrat 05-01-2007 08:35 PM

i had a lrp 4 star with a novak gtb on my ta05 previously but the chasis is not meant for brushless, wear & tear rate is very high with the brushless setup, i replace them with stock 23 turn now & my ta05 runs good, the brushless was place into my 415 & it runs better & lesser wear/tear compare to the ta05...

hoppie 05-01-2007 10:08 PM

Yeah Bro,

I think SuperEK4 should get a TRF415MSXX/MRE to make use of his Mamba, and put a 23T on his TA05R :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Originally Posted by deadrat
i had a lrp 4 star with a novak gtb on my ta05 previously but the chasis is not meant for brushless, wear & tear rate is very high with the brushless setup, i replace them with stock 23 turn now & my ta05 runs good, the brushless was place into my 415 & it runs better & lesser wear/tear compare to the ta05...

SuperEk4 05-02-2007 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by hoppie
Yeah Bro,

I think SuperEK4 should get a TRF415MSXX/MRE to make use of his Mamba, and put a 23T on his TA05R :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

How much is a 415? maybe sell my Ta05r lah :cry:

pole_position 05-02-2007 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by SuperEk4
How much is a 415? maybe sell my Ta05r lah :cry:

??? Maybe you should reconsider what you really need??? :spidey:

pole_position 05-02-2007 07:55 AM

I had been running a low setting MM5700 on a Xray T1 on my own MSCP track which is dusty and has low grip... it really take a while to set the T1 to run properly... The stability of this chassis with the steel outdrive on both diffs does help alot...

Most importantly the track time to learn to drive, gentle on the throttle and be smooth... This MM T1 is currently my training car :spidey:

SuperEk4 05-02-2007 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by pole_position
??? Maybe you should reconsider what you really need??? :spidey:

i m just kidding, I will set my esc to run the car slower, some of the guys in rctech U.S who run Ta05 BL told me 7700 is a overkill. Its ok I just have to lower the EPA & gear ratio. I have steel outdrive already.

I started with 23T motor, driving BL is very different. :lol:

hoppie 05-02-2007 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by SuperEk4
i m just kidding, I will set my esc to run the car slower, some of the guys in rctech U.S who run Ta05 BL told me 7700 is a overkill. Its ok I just have to lower the EPA & gear ratio. I have steel outdrive already.

I started with 23T motor, driving BL is very different. :lol:

is the 7700 the fastest mamba motor? if it is, u are crazy :)

SuperEk4 05-02-2007 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by hoppie
is the 7700 the fastest mamba motor? if it is, u are crazy :)

Yes its equal to 4T brushed motor & I am CRAZY thxs to you ask me to play touring :cry:

Now I will use my cheapo Ta05r to beat your TRF415MSXX/MRE :flaming:

deadrat 05-02-2007 09:12 AM

SuperEk4, the trf415 should be around 600+, i took out the novak 4.5 & hook back up the lrp 4 star today on my 415, it runs great, shiok to run the brushless down the long straight, brushless driving quite different as one need to use brakes at times, so if you're running centre or front one way on your ta05r, it'll be difficult to drive...

don't sell your ta05r, can play 23 turn with us, joining the tac next week? as for tuning down your epa on ur transmitter, i was told that it might overheat your esc, i dunno how that will happen - perhaps someone care to explain...

SuperEk4 05-02-2007 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by deadrat
SuperEk4, the trf415 should be around 600+, i took out the novak 4.5 & hook back up the lrp 4 star today on my 415, it runs great, shiok to run the brushless down the long straight, brushless driving quite different as one need to use brakes at times, so if you're running centre or front one way on your ta05r, it'll be difficult to drive...

don't sell your ta05r, can play 23 turn with us, joining the tac next week? as for tuning down your epa on ur transmitter, i was told that it might overheat your esc, i dunno how that will happen - perhaps someone care to explain...

Tac maybe cant on sat I may have to wrk. I am running spool on the Ta05r so its quite easy to drive. Mamba max will not Overheat thats proven, they use it on EP trucks & abused it, it never overheat.

High end Ep like 415 is like my crt pro kit.except mine is 1/8th hee. For Tac i will try to go still thinking mini or GT class hee :tire: