Old 04-10-2002, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Electric 1/10 F-1 Race

Hi,

I am Thinking of doing a 1/10 Electric F-1 race

At PA east coast track

it will be different from other race.....it will follow something like real F-1

only 1 round of heat but 30mins 10 car at a time ,own time own target, you just hold the transponder for 30mins and up to you to test and run your car.....but........Best 1 lap timing qualify

Then 15mins final , same A, B ,C but only 1 round.........maximum 2 pit stop minimum 1 ,to change battery and maximum 2 mechanics per car.

But to do a race there......I need at least 25 racer to cover tentage, table, trophys...rest of money goes to RCMC.....

est. entry fees rcmc member $20 non member $30
(no prizes) just a fun race with different rules....hehehe

Those interested please reply here......
Then with at least 25 racers, I go talk to the Race-director/track manager....
Old 04-10-2002, 06:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

count me in but 30mins ???? race? dont think batteries can last that long and the stock motor cannot take multiple batteries.
It will melt the core....
Old 04-10-2002, 07:42 PM
Tech Master

fuse01: if i'm not mistaken the heats is like real f1 qualifying...u r given 30mins...do ur run...if u tink ur timing is gd...u stop...if slow, go back to pits...change batt, gearing, motor, etc and run again...when somebody else do a better timing and u tink u can better it...run again...but within the allowed 30mins...Nipple pls correct me if i'm wrong...

btw wats the motor limit?
Old 04-10-2002, 07:43 PM
Tech Regular

what Nipple means is that in the space of 30 minutes, you are allowed to run as many laps as you want, fastest lap takes TQ and so on. It means for qualifying, you can run super duper high voltage 2000 cells, cotton candy soft tires and maybe qualifying spec, 30 degree timing 7 turn motors with silver brushes if you think that will turn in the fastest lap of the day.
This will mean a test of drivng skill as well as race tactics, for it will most prob mean a "dash for pole" type of scenario as teh session draws to a close just like real F1.
It will also mean drievrs will have to now tune a car for two setup, one to last maybe 3 laps or less, and one to run the full duration of a race....
Makes things interesting doesnt it : )
Old 04-10-2002, 08:09 PM
AO
Tech Addict

Makes things interesting doesnt it : ) [/B][/QUOTE]

That also makes the race to be a rich man race.... The richer you are the faster you are......
Old 04-10-2002, 08:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

I am in... but wad chassis?? the new F201?? or the older F103??
Old 04-10-2002, 09:26 PM
Tech Regular

AO : Albert, thats what I meant by "interesting" : )
I have a feeling this new format is going to result in some hardcore types preparing TWO completely different cars for EACH race. One qualifying car thats setup for all out speed, eg degreased bearings, excess weight reduction by drilling holes everywhere etc, and another completely different car that can last the race duration.... frankly, I think the idea is good but the practical introduction of it will cause problems and beginners will be left out, coz of the cost issue and the fact they will have more setup problems to deal with.
Whats more, the "dash for pole" format will result in more accidents and flared tempers as racers rush during the last few minutes to log in a flying lap.

Some ppl have said that the present racing format of heats and main is out dated, I have to disagree. Apart from F1 and MotoGP which uses qualifying sessions, there are other forms of motorsports such as motocross, DTM touring cars etc which still practice a heats and main system. Quite frankly, I am not so keen on the idea of pitstops for electric cars, overheated and fried motors are very expensive : )
I am more for a double or triple main system coz it will make for closer racing. Just look at World Superbikes, where they split a race into two half much like our double A mains, a racer may have cocked up his race setup and finish poorly in the first race, he can still make adjustments before teh second race and give the front runners a run for their money.
Old 04-10-2002, 09:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

just keep it simple and have fun...

and then newbies like me can join in.
Old 04-11-2002, 02:35 AM
Tech Elite

Yes that is right......ozone......
you are given 30mins.....up to you to run.....don't have to run full 30mins....

open chassis ..that mean corally, tamiya (F103 or F201),cross fire force.........

everything is open.......

This is just a fun race...so if you are not that 'rich' to qualify for 'A' main...still got other main to fight for......

So not much of reply......

Take note.....I need 25 entries....
Old 04-11-2002, 02:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Cool I am in.

Give me the date.
Old 04-11-2002, 02:43 AM
Tech Elite

Talking

I am not here to change the race system......
Just a little race with a little change......I dare not say everyone will agree.......but I dare say some will be intrested.

As i say ..this is a fun race..only trophys ..no prize, no points no money......

to me the 'C' and 'B' main drives are more important......

If you are a 'rich' racer so be it ....fight in the 'A' main and let the others enjoy their other finals...

And I believe the heat and pit stop problem can easily be solve......or else how other racers in other part of the world race 12hrs race???

No one ask you to gear to 5mins or less......surely you guys can find a gearing for 15mins final.......
Old 04-11-2002, 02:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

dates please. :>
Old 04-11-2002, 06:19 AM
Tech Regular

Nipple : Dun get me wrong dude, I know you are trying to make the race more interesting, I'm not here to flame u or anything, juz stating what I feel. No hard feelings ok man : )
Old 04-11-2002, 06:34 AM
Tech Master

count me in...but need the dates
Old 04-11-2002, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

planning for third or last week of may......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.