Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
Micro Helicoptor Thread - Feda, Piccolo, Hornet..... >

Micro Helicoptor Thread - Feda, Piccolo, Hornet.....

Micro Helicoptor Thread - Feda, Piccolo, Hornet.....

Old 03-07-2003, 04:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default JR Voyager E

Look like not many if flying what i m flying.... the JR voyager E fully tricked up that runs on 10 cells....flies for 10min and much much stable than those micro heli cos mine is a Mini....

see my website for pics...

Clarence
http://web.singnet.com.sg/~cat007/
Old 03-07-2003, 06:50 AM
HZM
Tech Addict

Hi cat, how long is the blade? I juz got myself a Ikarus Eco 8 with a brushless motor. Think it gonna be the same as yr Voyager..Cheers
Old 03-07-2003, 06:54 AM
HZM
Tech Addict

If u are using broadband, this video titled "ceiling landing" should not be missed Ikarus Piccolo Ceiling Landing
Old 03-07-2003, 07:04 AM
Tech Regular

420mm...... still bigger than the Eco 8 but i can confirm this, in a crash, my voyager will suffer less than your Eco8. u can find a lot of thread on the Voyager/eco8 and u will know... glad i got a Jr, almost got a Eco. though the Jr is heavier its much more robust and only a few parts are needed to replace during a crash cos the parts are designed to break in a case of a crash thus saving other, more $$ components.

The Eco, during acrobatics will perform much better than a Voyager with similar brushless motor set-up but like i say, the JR still more stable as stated by a few of my overseas friends who own both and they say the Eco very difficult to upgrade as the price tag for the metal parts is huge. thou JR also have aftermarket parts, the stock JR will fly just as good as a mildly modified Eco 8

FWIW
Clarence
Old 03-07-2003, 07:29 AM
Tech Regular

i have flown my Voyager in a similar manner but not in an enclosed area yet.. .... maybe if i start working and have more money to buy parts. maybe i will give it a go.. HAHA

aiya... last time in POly at least being technician got $$.. now NS.. no $$

u might want to see the Voyager Video i flown outside Fu Lu shou building.... if u want i can E-mail to you...

Very long never fly my VE liao...

Clarence
Old 03-10-2003, 06:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

My dragonfly tail moto is dead..... any one know what is the best replacement ? where to buy?
Old 03-10-2003, 06:34 PM
HZM
Tech Addict

its better for u to get the copper pinion from Singapore hobby Supply as they are more lasting. As for the motor, its yr choice, u can get from Sim Lim tower or SHS

Continental Electronic Enterprise
10, Jalan Besar #B1-25 Sim Lim Tower
Singapore 208787

Tel: 65 62934674
Fax: 65 62972613
email: [email protected]

Sim Lim sell a unit for S$3.00. They are the same as what SHS supply(SHS price - S$13.40). SHS use to supply the same size motor but with longer shaft ( which helps to prevent the pinion from coming loose) However, last week I went SHS to look for one, they given me those of "shorter" shaft (same as those u get fr Sim Lim)and say this is wat they supply all this while So for the same motor, Sim Lim tower is a lot more cheaper!

Good luck
Old 03-10-2003, 07:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by alana07
hi hzm,
fyi, here's a site which u may want to visit - www.rcflying.cjb.net
its about electric r/c planes in SG. hope u not offended by my comments, i dont intentionally meant to flame u or anything.
Thanz for the recommended site, its being what i am looking for
Old 03-11-2003, 01:13 AM
Fit
Tech Apprentice

Does the shop at Sim Lim sell the main motor as well?

My heli has been down. Broke some parts like the tail boom,
rear blades and the tiny balls on the swashplate.... part of learning I guess.

Also I find that the included battery dies rather quickly. I charge 2 to 3 times a day at 2C and now I hardly have enough power
to lift off!

Time to get new batts. Anyone has recommendations on which batteries to use? I'm favouring the Sanyo 250mah NICDS as I like to be able to charge it quickly. But flight times would be short.
Old 03-11-2003, 07:14 AM
HZM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Fit
Does the shop at Sim Lim sell the main motor as well?

My heli has been down. Broke some parts like the tail boom,
rear blades and the tiny balls on the swashplate.... part of learning I guess.

Also I find that the included battery dies rather quickly. I charge 2 to 3 times a day at 2C and now I hardly have enough power
to lift off!

Time to get new batts. Anyone has recommendations on which batteries to use? I'm favouring the Sanyo 250mah NICDS as I like to be able to charge it quickly. But flight times would be short.
For the main motor, u got to go Fook Hai to get it. I know NTC Engineering selling the 280 at around 11-12 bucks, not sure wat price SHS sells.

How come so many parts broken? It shouldn't be the case for Feda cos its build to take all this knocks. Touch wood, so far its only the tail motor pinion tat give me the problem. Other than tat, things are fine. I manage to hover 1 full pack today at home Think u gonna hit the bird hard against the wall!

When u cant lift off, there are couple of things u can check, might not be the batt tho. bend yr main blade slightly down to increase its pitch in case the blade is already "open up", check if yr tail pinion is loose...cos having a loose pinion will make yr heli spin and not raise in height. Next the elevator, see if it is horizontal, u need all this setting rite to get in hover.

If u have a digital charger, try to cycle the batts around 0.3A or less, it will improve the life span greatly.

I done some price check on AAA batts, basically, SHS sells at $17.60 (600mah) pretty reasonable considering u need to shrink wrap, solder, get the connector etc...Juz pick a set from SHS, charge it and fly it!

Last but not least, here some guideline tho I am no expert.:-

Move the throttle stick half way up and observe heli banking to which side and bring down the heli. Trim and repeat the until heli lift off almost vertically w/o much input.

Next continue to throttle half way to 3/4, this should bring the heli to knee or waist level, try to counter w various input to keep heli in air, cut throtle if u loose control. Keep repeating and be patience, u will hover one day. I did my hover today, and juz to share w you, both yr finger need to be constantly at work in 4 direction to keep this little creature up in the air! This is the first time I flew heli, if I can do it, so can u. Cheers
Old 03-11-2003, 05:19 PM
Fit
Tech Apprentice

How come so many parts broken? It shouldn't be the case for Feda cos its build to take all this knocks. Touch wood, so far its only the tail motor pinion tat give me the problem. Other than tat, things are fine. I manage to hover 1 full pack today at home Think u gonna hit the bird hard against the wall!
I had a couple of hard crashes and I mean hard. I'm impressed that so far only the tail boom and rear blades are broken. The tail boom developed cracks over time. The rear blades broke when I crashed the heli from one level to another level down on a multistorey carpark.

Wow! Thats great, you can hover already.

bend yr main blade slightly down to increase its pitch in case the blade is already "open up",
What do you mean by "open up"? I think this might be one of my problems because the rotor is spinning pretty fast and yet no lift.
But will the blades stay in place after bending it? Or do I have to re-bend it after evey flight?

I read about blade tracking and my blades are definitely out after good hits on legs of tables and chairs. One is higher than the other. Need to resolve this as well.

Thanks for the flying tips! I will keep them in mind and will update you when I finally get it to hover.
BTW I love the Airwolf fuselage, so sweet! Looks like the real thing.
http://w1.860.telia.com/~u86013107/Weikingers_Airwolf/
Old 03-11-2003, 10:38 PM
HZM
Tech Addict

Tat airwolf fuselage is dam cool, fancy flying an airwolf in yr living hall! I hover another 2 packs in my office warehouse today. Where the enviroment is still air, the FEDA hover better and more predictable.

I use to have this problem of not able to hover above ankle level even w full charge. 2 problems: 1) The tail motor is not 100% secure, the pinion loose on and off and that prevent the heli to balance and rise. 2) Even w a good tail, the heli still hover at low height, I read that we had to bend the main blade to increase the pitch and I did mine and the heli flew above my head w a fresh packs! U see, the main blade actually bend down with some curvature, after few rounds of flewing and banging, the curve w open up, and to exaggarate, it will eventually be a flat piece. When this blade open up, u get less wind onto the floor and thus yr heli wont lift, try to twist slightly(I mean slightly!) and try, u should be able to get it up. If u still face the prob, I am no expert, but I am willingly to meet u up and we can look into it together. Btw, where u stay?
Old 03-12-2003, 06:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Yah the airwolf look cool, tot of that long time ago but decided not to until I can really fly the dragon cos it's not cheep especially those with retract landing gear.

HMZ. It’s a good idea if we meet one of these day and I can have a look on that controller. First need to get the tail motor and some batt. So far manage to lift the heli around shoulder height that is when the wind hit my heli and the tail motor stop function.
Old 03-12-2003, 06:55 AM
Tech Elite

Retracting landing gear...
Old 03-12-2003, 08:32 AM
Tech Addict

Default Getting Started

Hi people,just saw you guys having fun with helis....just wondering where i can get more info or which shop should i visit to get more of an idea?

Thanks
Jeff

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.