Starter box slow down

Old 11-05-2006, 11:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Starter box slow down

Hi,
I got this problem with my starter box.
- The spinning get slower, so i cant start my car.
- I was trying to charge the battery, charge for a day but the light indicator on the charger still showing green and red light, and the motor is still running very slow.

any idea what might go wrong? i will bring down to the circuit and try with my friend's battery to check it out. in the meantime i just curious if any of you ever experience this and i can find the answer directly..

thank you,
Old 11-06-2006, 03:33 AM
FT
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If your starter's battery is a Lead(pB) cell, it might be dying already. Time to change it.

Remember to change Lead cells every 2 years or as accordingly.

but if it's NiCad/NiMah, then it should be having a serious memory effect or it's time is up.

well, after switching a your friend's cells but situation is still the same, check your circuitry or maybe the Motor is dying.

Good Luck.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FT
If your starter's battery is a Lead(pB) cell, it might be dying already. Time to change it.

Remember to change Lead cells every 2 years or as accordingly.

but if it's NiCad/NiMah, then it should be having a serious memory effect or it's time is up.

well, after switching a your friend's cells but situation is still the same, check your circuitry or maybe the Motor is dying.

Good Luck.
Hi, I bought my Starter box less then 6 months, everything new include the battery. i think it is lead cell. those heavy and boxy type (correct if i m wrong).
I didnt have a chance to try using my friend battery only by this weekend.
thanks for your comment..