1/8 Buggy Race

Old 11-04-2001, 10:07 PM
Tech Regular

Default 1/8 Buggy Race

CCK buggy race! 25th Nov 2001 CCK Park!
Free parking. Lunch will only be provided for those confirmed and paid entries by 21st Nov 6pm. Pls visit your nearest LHS to sign up.
S`wan Models
Rotor Hobby
88 Games and Hobby
Hobby Place
Zoom RCM
Hobby Bug
ToyKar
Hobbylink
RC Speedway
Hobby Guy
Speedline Racing
SAFE Club - JB

Thank You!
Old 11-07-2001, 11:03 PM
F&K
Tech Adept

Hi Terence
How come there is no 1/10 nitro truck race in Singapore? They are quite fun too. Especially when you see them jump! Maybe you can consider to have a Nitro truck race in the future!:
Old 11-08-2001, 07:30 AM
Tech Master

Terrance,
how about stock class race but using stuff like reedy/phantom mvps or p2k, rebuildable stock type motors?
Old 11-08-2001, 05:32 PM
Tech Regular

F&K: Tried to have a electric 1/10 off road the other time. The respond was really bad. Could not even get ten entries. That is why I did not consider doing a 1/10 nitro..... Hope you understand.
Old 11-08-2001, 05:39 PM
Tech Regular

Alvin: Hmmm, no plans yet but will see how during next season. However, next year, I will definitely be holding a 1/10 Electric series for the IFMAR world cup selection. The top few drivers will be representing singapore in the world race. For this selection, the motor is open. Any motors will do.
Old 11-09-2001, 07:45 AM
Tech Master

Terrance,
Thanks for your reply! I would prefer to run a rebuildable class or controlled mod class as the motors can be maintained and re-used for several racing sessions.

IFMAR? That sounds very interesting. I do hope to hear more from you guys!

Thanks.

Regards,
Alvin
Old 11-10-2001, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Wink

Hi Alvin,
Just my opinion,
Even though rebuilable stock stock motor can be maintain, they are not cheap and the 'Rich' drivers will still buy new motor for every race and those who rebuild their 'old' motors may never be as fast as those running new motors.
Old 11-10-2001, 01:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

rebuildable stock will definitely be good, more maintaince can be done cos the motor can be opened up thoroughly

just a note of reminder, new motors do not perform at their best, so it doesn't matter if those rich racers spend all their money on new motors every week

place 2 drivers with identical equipment and in the end it's driving that decides everything, those who are using pure equipment to win are only decieving themselves
Old 11-11-2001, 02:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Nipple
Hi Alvin,
Just my opinion,
Even though rebuilable stock stock motor can be maintain, they are not cheap and the 'Rich' drivers will still buy new motor for every race and those who rebuild their 'old' motors may never be as fast as those running new motors.
Interesting point! But anyhow, I just want to lower the cost of ownership for my equipment, so basically rebuildable or controlled mod is the way to go, IMHO.

This is bad I am getting addicted to the speed of my mod motor
Old 11-13-2001, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi RCTC,
yes brand new motor do not perform at its best.....and 'rich' and good driver will know how to break-in/run-in their motors.
(I did a project in school on how to breakin motors and got me a 'A'. It is proven to be 'much' faster.)

And lastly, its the fact that the 'best' drivers spend a lot. Of-course that r some Good driver that doesn't spend so much and they usually can't win the 'richer' ones.
Old 11-20-2001, 11:06 PM
Tech Adept

Julien we bet 500 satay this coming buggy race.If you want to bet pls go to speedline on friday night.You want to bet?
Old 11-25-2001, 06:06 AM
Tech Regular

Default 25/11/2001 buggy race

Hey guys,

thanks for all your support for making the race a success.

thank you once again. Hope to see you guys again next time.
Old 11-25-2001, 08:10 PM
Tech Regular

Ah Chu,

Next time better tell in advance that there is no lucky draw. This is to avoid confusion. Nice race though but the rain sure spoiled some of the fun.

Cheers
Old 12-03-2001, 09:52 AM
Tech Regular

mor mor:

did announce in the begining leh, maybe many people never pay attention. Thanks for your support anyway. It is everyone who made the race both fun and a success!!!

Cheers.
Old 12-03-2001, 05:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi Terence,

Can give me a call.

Joe

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.