Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
How much are you willing to pay to use a world-class track? >

How much are you willing to pay to use a world-class track?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How much are you willing to pay to use a world-class track?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 06:31 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by uwadockers
We used to not lock the equipment.. They got stolen and so we've got no choice but to lock them.. If you guys want to help doing up the track, we'll be most often than not be at Sengkang on Sundays.. Cheers..

but who wanna steal all those stuff? i remember during my motocross days where we used to dig our own jumps just like wat u guys did... only those bmx kids who plays nearby steal the stuff... if not maybe i can hav a duplicated key so that i can use?
Old 07-19-2006, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

really want to try and run my B4 at sengkang track. but too bad it's very difficult for me to get there
Old 07-19-2006, 08:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Guys, we are missing the point here. Building a track is the simple part, but to have a legal plot of space use for racing with approvals from authority is something someone must start. It would be a waste if we build a popular track and authorities come and put up the State Land board up. I passed by Yishun last night and saw the sorry state of on-road track, anyone knows who owns them and what happened to it? Why isn't there people using the track. Now this is bad for RC publicity, there are built places to race, someone, some organization DID sponsor to built, but nobody uses them. Please don't get me wrong, I have stopped playing since 2002 as I have 3 kids now.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Yishun Track

Originally Posted by etino
Guys, we are missing the point here. Building a track is the simple part, but to have a legal plot of space use for racing with approvals from authority is something someone must start. It would be a waste if we build a popular track and authorities come and put up the State Land board up. I passed by Yishun last night and saw the sorry state of on-road track, anyone knows who owns them and what happened to it? Why isn't there people using the track. Now this is bad for RC publicity, there are built places to race, someone, some organization DID sponsor to built, but nobody uses them. Please don't get me wrong, I have stopped playing since 2002 as I have 3 kids now.

If you are refering to the on-road track situated at the park near Yishun bus interchange, the construction of the track was championed by a nearby RC hobby shop which is now no longer there. The track is seldom used becos it has a reputation of being a 'death' track. Unless one has a deep pocket or very good driving skills, most refrain from using it.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by diablo05
If you are refering to the on-road track situated at the park near Yishun bus interchange, the construction of the track was championed by a nearby RC hobby shop which is now no longer there. The track is seldom used becos it has a reputation of being a 'death' track. Unless one has a deep pocket or very good driving skills, most refrain from using it.
OK, I will try writting to the town council if we could repair the track. I think completely removing the divides and leave it just an open flat surface is better. We could do with PVC pipes and corner markers later. But again, this is for 1/10 onroad, I think lots of people here are playing buggy which is much easier to find places to race.
Old 07-20-2006, 09:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

OK, I will try writting to the town council if we could repair the track. I think completely removing the divides and leave it just an open flat surface is better. We could do with PVC pipes and corner markers later. But again, this is for 1/10 onroad, I think lots of people here are playing buggy which is much easier to find places to race.
I believe there should be a fair share of ppl playing 1/10 ep on-road, but I dun have. But if you manage to restore the track, I may just go out to get one.
Old 07-21-2006, 02:12 AM
RR
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by diablo05
I believe there should be a fair share of ppl playing 1/10 ep on-road, but I dun have. But if you manage to restore the track, I may just go out to get one.

that "death track" is actually very convenience
interchange, MRT station, coffee shop, convenience stall and shopping centre...

if the track is no longer a death track, but a "LIVE track "...
i definitely play there.... i stay nearby
Old 07-21-2006, 06:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

maybe you can try MP Ong Ah Heng, perhap he can help us to retore the Track..

Look forward for a re funish track in a matter of time...
Old 07-26-2006, 10:13 AM
kit
Tech Apprentice

Default adds on

Originally Posted by kit
years ago(late 80s), at our teens. ..we were chase by police for sk8boarding ,

so we wrote to PA, to help us write to paya lebar CC, to build us a 7ft haft pile for skate boarding. within 2 weeks Paya lebar CC fund us the Money, it started with a half pile then next a 8ft 1/4 pile then follow by some ramp too....We did build a sk8parks there with the help from PA .

(anyone here ever vist the paya lebar CC B4 in the late 80s)

Now these days everyone talks alot....but no action.......
(The groups of guys from sengkang.. don't talk only...they got Action-they Build a great off road track-that allow a 1/8 buggy to fly 8ft )IS
Oh ....We had Competition Held at the CC too , And during each competiton local Bands were dying to be invited playing in the outdoor too, Eg: 100plus and some other water company sponsors the prize, funds,media came in too .
IS EASY . JUST DO IT .

IT Happen !!! because WE AT WANT IT TO HAPPEN ,
SO WE JUST DO IT .
(will dip up pic to post it)
IS a legal and sponsor and approvals from all authority.
CRAZY ACTION

GUYS, the east coast has a nice track to work on it to become a world class RC track is easy. IS a readytrack BUILD BY SG GOV in the 90s(S$180,000)

Last edited by kit; 07-27-2006 at 09:20 AM.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Talking People people relx lay!!!

This supose B a Hobby 4 u and ME .
Wy not we all do our part and we al B like family.
those cn do te talk!! talk
those cn do te work!! work
those cn py$$!! py$$
We R all hre hobbying 4 fun....CHEER UP lads
we need A TRK! A GD TRK! hw
$8 to $10 a day use
$4 to $5 for half day use
$30 to $45 for mthly use
we all need a TRK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
people @BTTC doing a gd job ,but the TRK is not in GD COND!!!
me and my LADS we LIKE BTTC got everything(food,parking space,toilets & etc...)
we R willing to pay!!
remember the last time we all paid & the last owner run away wif all our DOUGH!! DAM PISS MAN!!

tell you one thing lads no need to rif! ref! rif! ref!
HE! HE! Talk so much me new in forum
SO PEOPLE CHEER UP!! CHEER UP!!
Old 05-27-2007, 10:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by maskedrider
maybe you can try MP Ong Ah Heng, perhap he can help us to retore the Track..

Look forward for a re furnish track in a matter of time...
I think they did but they didnt do a good job
Old 05-27-2007, 11:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Old 05-27-2007, 11:43 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Singapore ̡͌ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡V
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

As far as good tracks..i'm all for it...but is everyone willing to pay the track fees? Turf city GP offroad track looks awesome...i think anyone who's into GP offroad should really go all out to support Leng and Pegan cos they've put in a lot of money and effort into building the track. There are many good onroad tracks around too. I find is strange that many complain about not having good tracks in Singapore and when there are good tracks..some are not willing to pay the $8-$10 track usage fee but rather bash their cars for free at any nook and cranny they can find or only go to a track after it's operating hours. Local tracks need our support, if no one supports the local tracks, and the owners couldnt maintain the track anymore..don't complain there are no longer any good tracks around. I just find it strange some folks can spend thousands on their rc stuff and be proud about it but can't bring themselves to pay track fees...these have been happening over here for a long time, if someone who's about to build a new track and seeing incidents like these happening..it'll make anyone think twice...
Old 05-27-2007, 11:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Funkymojo
As far as good tracks..i'm all for it...but is everyone willing to pay the track fees? Turf city GP offroad track looks awesome...i think anyone who's into GP offroad should really go all out to support Leng and Pegan cos they've put in a lot of money and effort into building the track. There are many good onroad tracks around too. I find is strange that many complain about not having good tracks in Singapore and when there are good tracks..some are not willing to pay the $8-$10 track usage fee but rather bash their cars for free at any nook and cranny they can find. Local tracks need our support, if no one supports the local tracks, and the owners couldnt maintain the track anymore..don't complain there are no longer any good tracks around. I just find it strange some folks can spend thousands on their rc stuff and be proud about it but can't bring themselves to pay track fees...these have been happening over here for a long time, if someone who's about to build a new track and seeing incidents like these happening..it'll make anyone think twice...
agree with you bro....just went down to turf city's dirt to play my ep buggy yesterday, shiok!!! definitely will be making more trips down to turf in future...
Old 05-28-2007, 01:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by alana07
agree with you bro....just went down to turf city's dirt to play my ep buggy yesterday, shiok!!! definitely will be making more trips down to turf in future...
yeah boy... should see the "silent killers" against the buggies and truggies.. real fun yesterday.

Also... chasing the yellow track bunny thing (er.. actually a Yellow truggy)... COW.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.