Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
Which Monster Truck to buy... Help needed... >

Which Monster Truck to buy... Help needed...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Monster Truck to buy... Help needed...

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 05:28 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Which Monster Truck to buy... Help needed...

hi,

i am looking to buy a 1/8 Monster truck. can anyone out there advise which is a good truck to buy? i would like it to be "wroth the money" and will get all the support i need if there is any problems. spare parts should be easy to get and cheap too.

have found a few trucks, which is better to my needs?

1. OFNA Dorminator

2. HPI Hellfire

3. Carson Rockwilder

thank you lots!
Old 06-11-2006, 07:24 AM
Tech Adept

quick question? What you wish to do with it??? bash or race (though very rareto find monster truck race) and why is the savage not one of your choice got a guy selling cheap in the selling page??? plus easy to find parts my $0.02
Old 06-11-2006, 07:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

cheap? long last? easy part??
choose truggy man. much much faster and stady than monster truck.
i prefer hong nor trugy.
Old 06-12-2006, 09:26 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Land-Chaser
cheap? long last? easy part??
choose truggy man. much much faster and stady than monster truck.
i prefer hong nor trugy.
thank you for your reply. like MT better then ST. i know they are faster and better on track. but i jus like the size and power MT has. where do i get hong nor truck? how much and what is the full name of the truck? sorry for all these questions. from these, you can see i am knee in buying by just not sure which is better for me. pls help me... thank you again...
Old 06-12-2006, 09:30 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Tonafio
quick question? What you wish to do with it??? bash or race (though very rareto find monster truck race) and why is the savage not one of your choice got a guy selling cheap in the selling page??? plus easy to find parts my $0.02
hi, thank you for your reply. i think i will bash it more. but then again, speed is also important. i am up agaisnt one of my frd's EK4 with size 70 engine. sound big, but i jus need something better! haha... savage X you mean? are they good? where can i get one? and where do they sell parts? thank you so much for your help...
Old 06-12-2006, 10:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I dont really think anything comes close to EK4 in term of pure TORQUE= lots of fun. But EK4 handling sulk big time. quite a crude truck to bash with but I like it.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slow guy
hi, thank you for your reply. i think i will bash it more. but then again, speed is also important. i am up agaisnt one of my frd's EK4 with size 70 engine. sound big, but i jus need something better! haha... savage X you mean? are they good? where can i get one? and where do they sell parts? thank you so much for your help...
Savage X can get from many RC shops. Chances with available stock are better at Taising (732/752, North Bridge road). Parts are plenty there, just need deep pockets. Look for Sia, helpful guy. You can also check out the Hellfire there.

Since you wanted a MT to a truggy, the Savage would fit that profile more than the hellfire (more truggy than MT).

If you want to compete with your friend's EK4 in terms of sheer power(torque), the closest that I can think of would be Kyosho's Gigacrusher DualForce.

Just my 2 cents...
Old 06-12-2006, 08:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by diablo05
Savage X can get from many RC shops. Chances with available stock are better at Taising (732/752, North Bridge road). Parts are plenty there, just need deep pockets. Look for Sia, helpful guy. You can also check out the Hellfire there.

Since you wanted a MT to a truggy, the Savage would fit that profile more than the hellfire (more truggy than MT).

If you want to compete with your friend's EK4 in terms of sheer power(torque), the closest that I can think of would be Kyosho's Gigacrusher DualForce.

Just my 2 cents...
thank you very much for your reply. hmm... do you know how much the Savage X, hellfire and Gigacrusher cost? so far i know the Kyosho's parts are only carried by Toykay? and they are very ex ler! but they are nice guys there... thank you again for your "2 cent"... they are 2mil to me!
Old 06-12-2006, 08:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by technicapot
I dont really think anything comes close to EK4 in term of pure TORQUE= lots of fun. But EK4 handling sulk big time. quite a crude truck to bash with but I like it.
thank you for your reply. but EK4 parts are hard to get! and they are soooo old... maybe back in 1990s... i will be abit more crazy over it. as you said, handling not that good, so which of the MT; out of the 3i have listed, will be able to "win" it... thank you for your help!
Old 06-12-2006, 10:35 PM
Tech Rookie

hi,

i am looking to buy a 1/8 Monster truck. can anyone out there advise which is a good truck to buy? i would like it to be "wroth the money" and will get all the support i need if there is any problems. spare parts should be easy to get and cheap too.

have found a few trucks, which is better to my needs?

1. OFNA Dorminator

2. HPI Hellfire

3. Carson Rockwilder

thank you lots!

Hi Slow guy... do you mind getting a second hand one? I own a Savage X for about 3 months and plan to sell it. It still has its original controller and servos and parts except the plastic spur gear and brake. It's now using a harden metal spur gear and racing clutch bell (harden) and double discs brake.

Some extra parts included:
* Clutch shoes (new)
* Glow plug (new)
* Suspension oil no. 20 (new)
* 4 pcs purple suspension springs (used)
* 4 pcs nubz tires with white wheels (used; 1 of them has a bit bad hex socket but usable)
* Suspension shock/rod ends parts (new)
* Throttle and brake rod lingkage and parts (new)
* 1 more rotostart (not from hpi, forgot the brand) + two 7.2v batteries (charger not included)
* 5-cell 1400 mAh batt for the receiver (charger not included)
* Fuel filter

It's still in good condition. Got scratches on the body shell and the abdominal chasis and arms. Very clean, just gave a big cleaning overhaul. Will post some pics of it some time soon.. need to find a camera first.

Savage X is fast (faster than buggy!) and powerful. And you can get most of the spare parts at Taising.

Reason of selling: not enough $ to get a buggy

Offering price: $650 nego. SMS: 9898-1530.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

thank you very much for your reply. hmm... do you know how much the Savage X, hellfire and Gigacrusher cost? so far i know the Kyosho's parts are only carried by Toykay? and they are very ex ler! but they are nice guys there... thank you again for your "2 cent"... they are 2mil to me!
Estimated cost:

1. Savage X : 950
2. Hellfire : 1150
3. Gigacrusher : ????

Best you visit Taising for 1 & 2 and Toykar for 3 to get a quotation.

Btw, Kyosho parts are not carried only by Toykar, many other RC shops do have them, but Toykar is the agent/distributor for Kyosho. Just as Taising for HPI.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by thio79
Hi Slow guy... do you mind getting a second hand one? I own a Savage X for about 3 months and plan to sell it. It still has its original controller and servos and parts except the plastic spur gear and brake. It's now using a harden metal spur gear and racing clutch bell (harden) and double discs brake.

Some extra parts included:
* Clutch shoes (new)
* Glow plug (new)
* Suspension oil no. 20 (new)
* 4 pcs purple suspension springs (used)
* 4 pcs nubz tires with white wheels (used; 1 of them has a bit bad hex socket but usable)
* Suspension shock/rod ends parts (new)
* Throttle and brake rod lingkage and parts (new)
* 1 more rotostart (not from hpi, forgot the brand) + two 7.2v batteries (charger not included)
* 5-cell 1400 mAh batt for the receiver (charger not included)
* Fuel filter

It's still in good condition. Got scratches on the body shell and the abdominal chasis and arms. Very clean, just gave a big cleaning overhaul. Will post some pics of it some time soon.. need to find a camera first.

Savage X is fast (faster than buggy!) and powerful. And you can get most of the spare parts at Taising.

Reason of selling: not enough $ to get a buggy

Offering price: $650 nego. SMS: 9898-1530.

hi, sound good. but i like to get a new truck since it will be my 1st... you know how's it like when it's your 1st... hahha.... you getting a buggy? anything in mind on wht to get? i am into buggy too...
Old 06-15-2006, 10:56 PM
Tech Rookie

hi, sound good. but i like to get a new truck since it will be my 1st... you know how's it like when it's your 1st... hahha.... you getting a buggy? anything in mind on wht to get? i am into buggy too...
I see... no problem.

Not sure which one to get... those that can be converted to truggy would be my main preference. Any recommendation?
Old 06-16-2006, 09:10 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by thio79
I see... no problem.

Not sure which one to get... those that can be converted to truggy would be my main preference. Any recommendation?
hmm... any of the 3 trucks can be converted to truggy?
Old 06-17-2006, 09:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

thank you for your reply. but EK4 parts are hard to get! and they are soooo old... maybe back in 1990s... i will be abit more crazy over it. as you said, handling not that good, so which of the MT; out of the 3i have listed, will be able to "win" it... thank you for your help!
Roto stock quite alot and the spare is cheap compare to other brand.......what I find about EK4 is that I can drill, cut and do modification to it without feeling heart pain. The best part is a very "WHRACKABLE" and "BASHABLE" car, which need less repair and less often needed one, just regular maintenances like oiling and tightening will do. I have more fun out this truck than other truck (less downtime repairing). just need to be careful with the heli engine. this is just to share and IMHO.

in terms of popping WHEELIES, EK4 wins all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.