RCADDICT>>sorry, late reply, pics of my truck

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RCADDICT>>sorry, late reply, pics of my truck

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2003, 12:33 AM

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

tcerventes - yes, sounds like you found the right place. Can join us for more discussion on the TNT thread. We generally get up on the hills ourselves when driving to see where the cars are and to do jumps. Your engine sounds like it's doing well - actually a little on the rich side which is good. If you are happy with the performance and it's running cool, then you're doing well. You probably can lean it out some more, but I dun dare to say without seeing/hearing the truck run in person.
Old 01-12-2003, 02:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

guys guys u all think should i get a dom?...ass a bit itchy wanted to get one mt...
Old 01-12-2003, 04:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default thank you

Bolood thank you so much for all the help, without this forum i think my mt is on the way to the ER room liao, Thank you.

will look forward to bashing with you all, dun you guys feel painful when you see your trucks fall from a bad land? It freaking feel painful when i brake too hard filps and roll already...LOL see you in tnt tread. Right tread go Right post. Thanks
Old 01-12-2003, 05:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

painful?not really,when u see ur truck more than 7 fts off the ground,throttling control ur truck so that it lands on 4 wheels,the feeling is like..ronaldo would have said it "it's better than having sex" but seriously speaking, i really get the thrill of jumping my truck,i jump some of the steep bumps at the bmx track at full speed and it feels so great when u see ur truck floating in mid air,like slow motion,n landed on 4 wheels without anything breaks,WOW!!

the first few jumps were really bad,landing on the front or rear or worse,ur engine died out while mid air n u cant throttle control the car but so far for my mp nothing serious has happen...yes some bended dog bones,broken shock shaft,broken axle,bended shock mount n yes,meshed diff gears.all these can be purchased at affordable price n some u can use hammer to "repair" them yes after some hammering n ur good to do those crazy jumps again

dxboy,RB pipes r quite nice especially the 086 or the 063.but if u can get the cvec i thinks it's good too,u can set ur cvec pipe according to ur mood for more low or high end.i personally recomend u get these pipes. well if u like trucks then just get the dom,not very ex n parts can be easily obtained.gee,i must ask winnie to give commisions already
many of the TNTers have dom,so u can ask them for advice,for me i still prefer the old version of Dom,the MP i love those big wheels,big n bouncy
get a MT n come join us at tp,u'll love the place n u'll love ur truck even more
Old 01-12-2003, 05:48 AM
Tech Regular

Old 01-12-2003, 05:53 AM
Tech Regular

rcaddict all dis pipe can fit the hyper .21 engine rit? and the dom at winnie's shop is how many % fixed? cause i ask her how much itis and did not ask how many % ready
Old 01-12-2003, 06:14 AM
Tech Master

yep these pipes can fit on the hyper engine.i think the dom is 80% fix,u only need to fix the shocks( i think), fix in the radios n wahlah ur good to go,oh dun forget to break in enjoy trucking n make sure u get the most out of ur truck,JUMP it at TP
Old 01-12-2003, 06:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Talking Cool?

yes, i am happy with the performance, also tot can lean it a bit more, but my biggest worry is still the temp, very very afraid that might overheat engine, and damage it, how do i know its running cool enough , apart from a temp gun which i cannot afford yet, any easy way i can tell immediate, i dun have experience, so can't count on it. is dripping a drop of water and see it stays more than 4 sec after 10min of high revs running on it reliable? i try using my hand , but been a biit thick skin , cannot be accurate.

i really need to learn more from you guys.

Addict, i now know why your nick is call RC addict,
i guess i will be watching in horror if my truck is 7 ft in air, maybe just for now, most prob i will get the addict from you too....
Old 01-12-2003, 06:29 AM

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

tcerventes - no problem. All the TNT guys are a great bunch and not all too serious. Just there to talk trucks and nonsense - and to get some action.

Yes, the initial jumps do hurt, but like rcaddict says, landing off a big jump successfully is always a wonderful feeling and he should know because he fell in love with Tampines after the very first visit! And he loved it so much he fried his servos there running in the rain. lol! That's the spirit!

RB pipes are very good, but they are a little on the soft side - so they will get a little banged up when you run the trucks hard. But it's nothing a little freezer time can't fix.

tcerventes - if your engine is running up to your expectations and still it's running cool (10 secs to evaporate) then I'd say leave it. Always good to run rich rather than lean... and if you not sure just stay on the rich side.
Old 01-12-2003, 06:36 AM
Tech Master

couldnt' afford the temp gun too so i got the temp probe,which is available at sam's shop for around 40++,its not as accurate as temp gun but its good enuf already.

yep when ur engine is still new u will b afraid to get it lean,but after a while u will just lean it n have the tendency to kill ur engine becos u need a reason to get a new engine our fren bloodclod was trying to kill his 4 port hyper engine but i think the engine is still kicking,he needed the excuse to get the 8 port hyper i think he got his 8 port recently so after a while he might be doing something to his 8 port again if he has a new engine in mind

twerp n zoner r running on 25% nitro on their MF becos they r both power craze

hopefully will c ur MA in action too at TP
Old 01-12-2003, 06:42 AM
Tech Master

speaking of fried servos, i think i'll get a vb soon since my 2144 is still sitting at winnie's.the standard servo is just too weak to stop my truck.BC,ur 8 port kicking n giving u the pleasure u need?or u need more pleasure from RBs??
Old 01-12-2003, 07:00 AM
Tech Addict

tcerventes: What is your high speed needle setting? I'm running at close to 1 1/2 turn out/ Zone too. Can't get any power till under 2 turns. Its suppose to be 2-3 turns. Wonder if its the same for you too.
Old 01-12-2003, 07:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

twep,

my high speed needle, is extactly 2 turn out from close, i have run it at bout 1 3/4 turn out before, but it get really hot, too lean, drop a drop of water it sizzle quite fast, like 5 sec to evapo, so i use 2 turn, good enough for me, as blood says, stay a bit rich better. But at 1 3/4 turn out, the power it very good, but bear in mind i am using 10% nitro, so our setting will vary.

It is suppose to be at "more then 2 1/2 turn out" from the manual, i was beggining to worry if i am the only one, guess not....

by the way i still cannot hear or see my 2nd gear shift, but when the 3 gear kick in, it is aall hell break lose! cannot control, anyway i still newbie.

Old 01-12-2003, 07:14 AM
Tech Addict

Maybe you should try accelerating slowly. The 1st to 2nd change is very quick. you can also try the monster blazer 19mm rims too. Wider and makes the truck more stable.
Old 01-12-2003, 07:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by rcaddict

twerp n zoner r running on 25% nitro on their MF becos they r both power craze
er..wah...but den winnie also recommand me the 25% nitro just only for my buggy...