Charger

Old 10-25-2001, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Joehwee
Rose: The GP 3000 nimh battery might not be meant for RC but they work alright. I have been running them in the last Johor Race (Modified) and Kawada Race (Stock). The GP cells seem to a be little soft in punch but their runtime are great, well over 530sec at 20A discharge.
Agreed. The punch, IMHO is lacking compared to even my year old sanyo 2k. But the run time is amazing! Comparing my 3 batteries though I think next time I probably get Nicads. I do not have the proper equipment to maintain nimhs and while the charge capacity on my charger still holds the same values after charging, I can feel the punch is not there anymore, in fact my sanyo 2k is the one giving me the best bang out of the corners
Old 10-25-2001, 07:44 PM
Tech Master

wat charger r u uing ALVIN ?
Old 10-25-2001, 07:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Alvin,

I stay in Jurong East too. At Toh Guan Road to be exact. TB01, the tub chassis or the TB Evolution?

I've got a TB01 tub for rally, bashing and a Hobao Hyper10 electric touring sedan.

Do you do off-road? I found a place with some sand/mud/dirt combination that seems quite nice for off-road bashing. I've also built 2 tiny ramps for jumps using my HPI RS4 MT. Fun shit!

Attending classes this and next week and also preparing for some exams. When and where do you usually go for R/C? Do you race?

Originally posted by Alvin

My Sanyo 3ks I think screwed up from day one. Always charge until only 2600
The GP and my sanyo 2k also same leh. What I do is after race discharge to 5.6 volts (because I dunno how to get to 5.4 with my CDC) @ 20A, then second round to totally drain the current @ .5A~.1A discharge to 5.6v. Once done I rest overnight (if not playing that soon) and charge the nimhs till they are around 1/2 full. Nicad I just discharge with a tamiya stick pack discharger and leave them.

I believe u must ask the professional racers how they maintain their packs.

Where u stay ah? Want to play? I stay in jurong, using a tamiya TB01 for now.
Old 10-25-2001, 10:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Alvin: The Sanyo 2K battery will definately be having more punch as there are nicads. In general Nimh will give last punch as thier avg discharge voltage are lower due to the increase in capcity.
Old 10-26-2001, 12:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by imataquito
wat charger r u uing ALVIN ?
Eagle Racing CDC Charger!
Old 10-26-2001, 01:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by signoftimes
Alvin,

I stay in Jurong East too. At Toh Guan Road to be exact. TB01, the tub chassis or the TB Evolution?

I've got a TB01 tub for rally, bashing and a Hobao Hyper10 electric touring sedan.

Do you do off-road? I found a place with some sand/mud/dirt combination that seems quite nice for off-road bashing. I've also built 2 tiny ramps for jumps using my HPI RS4 MT. Fun shit!

Attending classes this and next week and also preparing for some exams. When and where do you usually go for R/C? Do you race?

Whoa cool. TB01, but I got the on-road conversion kit. I also in the midst of my exams now, but going down tonight 26/10 to Yuan Ching to play.

Attended a race before, but nah I only had my kit for 4 months plus so I do not think I am competitive enough.

I don't play off road yet. Wish I got something like a MR4-MT for that yeah!

Drop me a line if u wanna go down to yuan ching sometimes to play. I just checked Toh Guan Road, it's like besides IMM! I live about 10 mins from there via 333. I usually take 98/187 then transfer 154.
Old 10-26-2001, 01:02 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Joehwee
Alvin: The Sanyo 2K battery will definately be having more punch as there are nicads. In general Nimh will give last punch as thier avg discharge voltage are lower due to the increase in capcity.
Do you guys use like 3k Sanyo Matched or SMHs? Do these equal the punch of Nicads? The difference between the GP and 2k nicad is very visible. The 3k sanyo I got though is pretty close to the nicad in terms of punch.
Old 10-26-2001, 05:07 AM
GKC
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The current sanyo 3Ks NIMHs have the problem of loosing their capacity and end up at around 2600+mah. This is due to the cell not so much of charging or the taking care of it. The newer Sanyo 3000 HVs should be better. Results of test will be announced soon.

SMHs are currently the best in term of runtime and punch. It is also the easiest type of RC cells to take care. After use, just discharge it to 5.40V and just leave it. Don't use a discharge tray or put half charge back into it. If you are not using it for more than 2 weeks, just do a cycle and it will stay in tip-top condition. SMHs gets better after use too.
Old 10-28-2001, 06:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Can't wait to do that! Haven't played with my car for a few weeks. I'm also doing taking some exams currently over the next few weeks. When will you be finishing your exams?

Whoa cool. TB01, but I got the on-road conversion kit. I also in the midst of my exams now, but going down tonight 26/10 to Yuan Ching to play.

Attended a race before, but nah I only had my kit for 4 months plus so I do not think I am competitive enough.

I don't play off road yet. Wish I got something like a MR4-MT for that yeah!

Drop me a line if u wanna go down to yuan ching sometimes to play. I just checked Toh Guan Road, it's like besides IMM! I live about 10 mins from there via 333. I usually take 98/187 then transfer 154.
Old 10-28-2001, 07:17 AM
Tech Master

Finish on the 2nd Nov. After than free for all until 5th nov. Then I start my in house practical training

Do u usually play in light or dark conditions? I usually play after 7-8 pm when it's cool and my tires work

~Alvin
Old 10-28-2001, 07:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

I'm only available from 5th Nov. Are you starting on 5th Nov or after 5th Nov?

Finish on the 2nd Nov. After than free for all until 5th nov. Then I start my in house practical training

Do u usually play in light or dark conditions? I usually play after 7-8 pm when it's cool and my tires work

~Alvin
Old 10-28-2001, 07:24 AM
Tech Master

On 5th november I start the ihpt.... but any day after work I sure don't mind going down to yuan ching
Old 10-28-2001, 07:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Cool!!! I'll contact you then. Meanwhile, good luck to your exams!

On 5th november I start the ihpt.... but any day after work I sure don't mind going down to yuan ching