Charger

Old 10-22-2001, 12:30 AM
Tech Master

wah! those X-speed motors sure runs like M-speed nitro engines huh? screaming down the tracks dont they....
Old 10-22-2001, 06:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by hurhur
Garapata,

i have a APEX SIGMA PLUS charger.....dont think u can get one in Singapore. If u want, i can sell it to u but its second hand and one of the "dashes" that forms the number on the LCD screen isnt working. Other than that its working fine.
u still hav d manual? how much?

Last edited by Garapata; 10-22-2001 at 07:01 AM.
Old 10-22-2001, 09:39 AM
Tech Master

Garapata

I still have everything with me including the manual. Bought it from HKG for $170....will let it go for $100 if u are interested.
Old 10-22-2001, 06:58 PM
Tech Adept

Default CDC

Looking for CDC charger, also Novak MIllenium. Fanstastic $ for fantastic condition !
Old 10-22-2001, 09:33 PM
Tech Regular

Melvin !! YOU have 12 chargers(including handphone GMVIS chargers) at home already and buying somemore ???? What are you doing ?? Charger Evaluation for R/C Action Magazine?? The best for you to do is to open a Hoppy Shop and then you can secretly open those "fresh" charger and evaluate, then nicely wrap it up again ..... LOL !!!! Do you think that charger makes a difference between A mains and B main ??? HUH ???
Old 10-22-2001, 09:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Kasey: He just got sick of getting his butt bash everytime he go racing. Maybe he also got problem borrowing equipment from you as the economy are bad now.....hehehe
Old 10-22-2001, 11:04 PM
Tech Adept

Default Chargers

Kasey,

Yes, i am confused. I still ask myself " Does the charger makes a difference" Currently I am using my Mtroniks and LRP Micro charger at the races. And every time somebody saw my chargers at the race, they laughed. Why ? Is there something wrong with my chargers ? Why are they laughing ? So it leads me think, " Does a better charger makes me a faster racer?"

Originally posted by Kasey
Melvin !! YOU have 12 chargers(including handphone GMVIS chargers) at home already and buying somemore ???? What are you doing ?? Charger Evaluation for R/C Action Magazine?? The best for you to do is to open a Hoppy Shop and then you can secretly open those "fresh" charger and evaluate, then nicely wrap it up again ..... LOL !!!! Do you think that charger makes a difference between A mains and B main ??? HUH ???
Old 10-23-2001, 12:24 AM
Tech Regular

Come on Melvin, WE are all so proud of you because you are the most friendly guy around, helping other to tune and set their cars, eventhough you have the crappiest equipment around.

That's right !! The real fun is to beat that guy who spent $1000 more than you , hehehe.

Go and re build you diff @@@ !!!!!
Old 10-23-2001, 12:28 AM
Tech Regular

You know ... I'm still using my Cyclone TC bought back in the 2000 April Yok race and the same MR4 for a year now. Sometime I still use my 1987 timer charger !!!
Old 10-23-2001, 12:35 AM
Tech Adept

Default HUH ?

No lah, my equipment not the most crappiest around but the least maintained. You know what, i have never ever rebuilt my diff in my TC 3 in the whole entire year i ran it and had only done once for my Yokomo !!! If every racer so cheapo like me ....hobby shop have poor business liao. Maybe i am lazy ..maybe also partly i was poor ..not was .. am still poor ...

Originally posted by Kasey
Come on Melvin, WE are all so proud of you because you are the most friendly guy around, helping other to tune and set their cars, eventhough you have the crappiest equipment around.

That's right !! The real fun is to beat that guy who spent $1000 more than you , hehehe.

Go and re build you diff @@@ !!!!!
Old 10-23-2001, 03:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Anyone has read about or tested the new charger from Model Rectifier Corporation? Just wondering whether it is a good buy at below USD68.98. Following are the features:

- AC/DC Delta Peak charger with patented MicroPeak Technology
- LCD display: voltage, current, time, battery status, peak setting
- Charges NiCd & NiMH batteries
- For 3~8 cell AA & sub-C packs plus 1.2V single-cell for Ni-Starter
- Seven charge currents: 0.5A, 1.0A, 1.5A, 3.0A, 3.5A, 4.0A, 4.5A
- Six voltage delta peak voltage thresholds: 5mV, 10mV, 20mV, 30mV, 40mV, 50mV.
- Easy operation - plug 'n play
- Digital signal processing (DSP) filters out noise and improves voltage accuracy
- Compact size to fit into a field box
- No other charger offers this much flexibility at such a remarkable price

MRC's Patented MicroPeak Technology

Extends running time
Keeps batteries cool while charging
Increases battery life
Assures reliable charge, time after time
Old 10-23-2001, 04:48 AM
Tech Adept

Default Charger

Yeah, i red about this too. I think the model is 959. Where did you get the price from ? Where do you think I can order this ?

Originally posted by signoftimes
Anyone has read about or tested the new charger from Model Rectifier Corporation? Just wondering whether it is a good buy at below USD68.98. Following are the features:

- AC/DC Delta Peak charger with patented MicroPeak Technology
- LCD display: voltage, current, time, battery status, peak setting
- Charges NiCd & NiMH batteries
- For 3~8 cell AA & sub-C packs plus 1.2V single-cell for Ni-Starter
- Seven charge currents: 0.5A, 1.0A, 1.5A, 3.0A, 3.5A, 4.0A, 4.5A
- Six voltage delta peak voltage thresholds: 5mV, 10mV, 20mV, 30mV, 40mV, 50mV.
- Easy operation - plug 'n play
- Digital signal processing (DSP) filters out noise and improves voltage accuracy
- Compact size to fit into a field box
- No other charger offers this much flexibility at such a remarkable price

MRC's Patented MicroPeak Technology

Extends running time
Keeps batteries cool while charging
Increases battery life
Assures reliable charge, time after time
Old 10-23-2001, 05:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Melvin,

You can try www.towerhobbies.com. Their price is USD57.99 and shipping from the U.S. for that item is USD28.49 (2 - 6 wks). As of today's US-to-SGD's exchange rate, it's around SGD157.92. Very good price for a peak charger with those features highlighted. The only thing that I'm trying to find out from MRC is what kind of power input can the charger accept, 100V or 100 ~ 240V.

Bought a Taiwan-manufactured charger from Winnie for SGD200 in March '01. Not that I'm a racer, but my Kawada 3000 NiMH batteries' capacities now seem to have dropped quite drastically. Think this MRC charger will be a better choice since the delta peak setting can be configured.

If you're interested, I'll post the information on the power input once I call MRC tonite. By the way, shipping cost for 2 units of the charger is SGD32.39 and not 2xUSD28.49. We can order together to save cost. Have a look at the site and tell me what you feel. Forgot to mention that you can search for "super brain 959" to go straight to have a look at the item.

Cheers!
Old 10-23-2001, 06:05 AM
Tech Adept

Default MRC 959

HI,

Indeed it has lots of useful feature at a low price. Do u think ther are other mailing house say those in HK that carries it too ?

Let me know the input too. Hopefully they have the 220-240 AC voltage version.

BTW, what's your name ? Do I know you ?

Regards,
Melvin

Originally posted by signoftimes
Melvin,

You can try www.towerhobbies.com. Their price is USD57.99 and shipping from the U.S. for that item is USD28.49 (2 - 6 wks). As of today's US-to-SGD's exchange rate, it's around SGD157.92. Very good price for a peak charger with those features highlighted. The only thing that I'm trying to find out from MRC is what kind of power input can the charger accept, 100V or 100 ~ 240V.

Bought a Taiwan-manufactured charger from Winnie for SGD200 in March '01. Not that I'm a racer, but my Kawada 3000 NiMH batteries' capacities now seem to have dropped quite drastically. Think this MRC charger will be a better choice since the delta peak setting can be configured.

If you're interested, I'll post the information on the power input once I call MRC tonite. By the way, shipping cost for 2 units of the charger is SGD32.39 and not 2xUSD28.49. We can order together to save cost. Have a look at the site and tell me what you feel. Forgot to mention that you can search for "super brain 959" to go straight to have a look at the item.

Cheers!
Old 10-23-2001, 06:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

I'll be calling MRC in the U.S. in a while's time. Will let you know after that.

My name is Moses. Your name sounds familiar. It sounds like someone that I know from my previous job. If you're not that person that I think I know, you probably don't know me coz I don't go racing. Just like the R/C stuff which I just started in February this year.

Did you use to come from Cisco Systems?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.