Wiki Posts
Search

Hi All...... some questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 05:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Hi All...... some questions

Hi All,

This is my 1st post on this forum so go easy.

After being away and out of this hobby for a good 4-5 years im finally back into it, and yes ive got some questions for you season racers and enthusiasts.

Ive recently poured about $2k into this hobby (my mate got me back into it), i got him to buy me a Yokomo CGM + all electronics and and running gear from Japan which was quite cheap and also one of the main reasons im back into it.

Heres a list of the gear i have:
- Yokomo CGM
- RC10 T4 Team truck
- Novak GT7
- 2 x Yokomo 3300 Zap 2 cells
- 1 x Pro Match 3300 cells
- Yokomo YZ-48 peak charger
- Yokomo 8tx3 Modified
- Yokomo 11tx3 Modified
- Yokomo 23turn Stock
- 2 sets Sorex slicks
- Hudy Allen drivers 2mm and 1.5mm and hex
- Lots of spares

Need to get: another competition level ESC and Stick radio... any recommendations in this department?

At the moment im just getting used to the CGM and playing around with it on the street, broke 2 front shock towers already DoH!!. I also recently bought a AE RC10 T4 as my basher, i havent assembled it yet but im really looking forward to getting this thing running.

So bearing in mind ive been away from this hobby for so long, here are my questions, my 1st question is: anyone know any off-road tracks around Sydney?

2. How competitive is the CGM? im planning to race it at the Eastern Creek meets.

3. What tyres/compound is everyone running at Eastern Creek?

4. Where do you Sydney siders buy your stuff from, ie. parts, electronics, kits etc etc.

5. Are there any on-road night meets on weeknights i can attend?

6. Anyone know where to buy a good STICK radio system for RC cars, im not talking about the entry level $70 Futaba systems.

Cheers,

Thanks for all the comments.
Old 04-04-2004, 06:40 PM
WC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Not much demand for fancy stick radios down here, so all computer radios available locally are wheel. I think the only stick that's designed for car use the is KO Esprit; all others are originally for aircraft.

ps 23t motor is not "stock" down here, our current racing rules run 27t as our stock.
Old 04-04-2004, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

you can get the KO vantage (esprit) locally from any shop that deals with hobby express... they are possibly the best stick radios for cars... but in aust and usa probably 95% of drivers run with wheel radios - have you tried one?
Old 04-04-2004, 07:11 PM
Tech Addict

I think St Ives run a Wednesday night onroad meet at St Ives showground. Castle Hill also has a meet almost every Friday night (if you call that a weeknight), and Brush Farm runs a Friday night meet every 1st and 3rd (I think) Friday night.

Why use the T4 as a basher, come down to Castle Hill Offroad, I think on the 2nd week in May.

Any reason you want a stick radio. I think you'll find the wheel easier once you get used to it...