Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Epic 4 magnet vs. Reedy Krypton >

Epic 4 magnet vs. Reedy Krypton

Epic 4 magnet vs. Reedy Krypton

Old 07-24-2003, 02:04 AM
Tech Regular

Default Epic 4 magnet vs. Reedy Krypton

Anyone did a comparo btw the two?

The Epic (?Trinity? ) ad in the back of August's RCCA was obviously targeted at the Reedy :P

So, are Epic's quoted figures true? How abt on track performace?

TIA
Old 07-24-2003, 02:16 AM
Tech Adept

I didnt know epic made a 4 magnet motor?
Old 07-24-2003, 03:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

The Reedy will put the smack down on that Epic turn for turn..

I have a 10t single Reedy and a 10t Single EPIC and the ...Epic dosen`t even come close to the Reedy...but the FLATWIRE arm does has a butt load of torque..

-Dave
Old 07-24-2003, 07:46 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Trevor
I didnt know epic made a 4 magnet motor?
Yes, they do

http://www.epicmotorsports.com/elecm...elecmotors.asp
Old 07-24-2003, 07:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
The Reedy will put the smack down on that Epic turn for turn..

I have a 10t single Reedy and a 10t Single EPIC and the ...Epic dosen`t even come close to the Reedy...but the FLATWIRE arm does has a butt load of torque..

-Dave
Hmm interesting info thanks

So you're saying turn for turn, the Krypton has more top speed while the flatwire Epic has more long end torque?

Cheers
Old 07-24-2003, 07:54 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Epic 4 magnet vs. Reedy Krypton

Originally posted by NightKidZ
Anyone did a comparo btw the two?

The Epic (?Trinity? ) ad in the back of August's RCCA was obviously targeted at the Reedy :P

So, are Epic's quoted figures true? How abt on track performace?

TIA
i senn in the web Trinity looks better in performent,,,,, but about thr price i dont know..
Old 07-24-2003, 03:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Re: Re: Epic 4 magnet vs. Reedy Krypton

Originally posted by Disney
i senn in the web Trinity looks better in performent,,,,, but about thr price i dont know..
Wow! Trinity said their product was better than someone else's? Isn't that amazing! A new trend in advertising...

I suggest you look first at which one is winning the majority of the mod races around the world right now. If you did, you'd discover that the majority are Reedy... Second, go to the forums at rccars.com and look at Big Jim's Motor Forum. He worked for Trinity (designed the P2K among others) and now consults for Reedy. His independent testing shows the Krypton AND Ti to be head and shoulders above the D5. Last, buy and use what works for you!
Old 07-24-2003, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I cant make runtime with trinity mods lol. Go Reedy!!!
Old 07-24-2003, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Reedy Kr, IMO, best mod out there, end of story.

Last edited by Brian McGreevy; 07-24-2003 at 04:29 PM.
Old 07-24-2003, 03:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Really

Steve can you make runtime with a stock motor?????

I have yet to run my Epic motor but my D5 compaired to my KR my D5 is a better motor. The KR is smoother then the D5 but the D5 rips a lot harder then the KR. Its just a motor anyway and the motors that win the races are not the same motor that you guys can go buy off the shelf....so dont fool yourself just because it wins doesnt mean its the best motor that you can buy over the shelf. Just find a company that is consistant from motor to motor....dont believe the hype that just because a motor won a race its the best thing ever. You guys will never see a motor like the ones that the team guys use. And I would bet that Biggie Jims motor test was with a hand built KR and a off the shelf Epic....now if he was able to get a Team Epic motor and test it against a Reedy built KR that test would hold more water. So like Flava Flav said "Dont believe the Hype"
Old 07-24-2003, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Actually Kevin Big Jim didn't do the test. Brandon Rohde, owner of Team Paradigm did. He basically said that the EPIC (10 turn) had a ton of bottom end, but was seriously lacking in the mid - top end department. Brandon says unless your track is extremely tight that the Kr would be a better choice wind for wind. I think that if trinity/epic hadn't flipped the magnet's positions (outside to inside and visa versa) after they cut them, it would be a very good motor. Go to www.rccars.com/forums and in Big Jim's Motor Forum find the "Big Jim and Brandon look over the EPIC Binary" thread. You'll find out a lot. Basically Big Jim's and Brandon's conclusion is that even the D5 is a much better motor than the Binary.

Kevin, what i was stating was my opinion. I have run Ti's, D5's, P94's, Cores and Kr's. The Kr has been the best overall performing mod motor i have ever used. Maybe you don't feel the rip of the Kr cuz you're still running the losi
Old 07-24-2003, 04:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by Axiom5B
Maybe you don't feel the rip of the Kr cuz you're still running the losi
Ouch

-Dave
Old 07-24-2003, 04:39 PM
Tech Champion

Yeah I know that it was your Opinion and I was just stating mine. Humm why would I be able to feel rip with a D5 and not a KR with the same car.....rip is rip....if the motor dont have it it dont have it. And maybe when you go back to using a car that doenst tweak up a storm you will be able to see that rip is rip. So going off of your Logic I need to have a tweak mobile to be able to see the AWESOME rip of the KR motors.....hmmm yeah I got it now

Maybe the extra rip in the D5 causes your Warpspeed chassis to warp so bad that your car wont go straight so you dont see the extra rip it has.....
Old 07-24-2003, 04:42 PM
Tech Champion

Ohhh and you should go call Trinity right now and tell them how they SHOULD have built the motor. Im sure that they are just beside themselves because they did not get your valued input on the motor. Im sure they never knew
Old 07-24-2003, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

I wasn't the one who stated the idea in the first place about the magnets position...again MY OPINION, and many others' as well. Reading is good . Trinity can do whatever they want, I don't give a rat's a$$.

Actually Kevin i've been running the TC3 chassis w/ the Warp top deck so i doubt that its flexing and bleeding off power . I don't think it's your place to criticize a car that you have not driven or worked on. I was merely stating that with the shaft drive you definitely "feel" more pop off the corner, i do anyway.

Maybe we both should get off our soap boxes before this turns into a big diss-fest.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.