Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New guy and his Jato

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 04:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Default New guy and his Jato

Just signed up on this forum thought Id say hey. Been in rc for years just got into Nitro last year. Here is my newest, the Jato, with some mods but more to come. Looks like a nice site. Glad to be here.

Old 05-29-2005, 11:54 PM
KSI
Tech Adept

welcome, that jato looks very nice. any paticular reason you tore out the 2.5? I always heard it was a good engine.
Old 05-30-2005, 03:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Wink

Hi i am soon going to buying a jato, and i was wondering wheter the engine and overall setup of the car was good, and if the roto start system works well. Are they standard shocks with the jato? were did u get ure modifications from

Thanks

Chris
Old 05-30-2005, 04:35 AM
Tech Master

That looks good but im not liking the idea of black fuel tubing and a plastic pipe
Old 05-30-2005, 05:35 AM
Tech Initiate

That is the stock engine just with an aftermarket head. The ezstart is great works flawlessly. Those arent the original shock it comes with plastic GTR shocks I replaced them with billet shocks. The plastic pipe is original Im waiting on traxxas to release a red pipe. The black fuel tubing is because I cant find a red tube to match Ive orderd red from 3 different places and it all looks orange. The truck is great handles well and is completely ballistic. Very durable also Im on my 2nd gallon of high flying hard bashing and I havent broke a thing and the TRX2.5 held its tune just fine.
Badhorsie.com is where I got the head and socks.
Thanks for the comments guys Id be more than happy to answer any other questions.
JatoFever
Old 05-30-2005, 06:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Wink

Does the jato come with a tuning dvd to help with the tuning? As i am a bit of a rookie do u think that it is ideal for me? i have had one previous nitro car in the past so i have some background knowledge on nitro cars. Could u also give me some good tips e.g, breaking in, tuning and good product upgrades.

Thanks

Chris p.s You have a great looking car their hope when i get mine can eventually lokk like that lol.
Old 05-30-2005, 07:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Wink

What other upgrades are u thinking of buying for ur jato and what website of?
Old 05-30-2005, 07:14 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by rc fanatic
Does the jato come with a tuning dvd to help with the tuning? As i am a bit of a rookie do u think that it is ideal for me? i have had one previous nitro car in the past so i have some background knowledge on nitro cars. Could u also give me some good tips e.g, breaking in, tuning and good product upgrades.

Thanks

Chris p.s You have a great looking car their hope when i get mine can eventually lokk like that lol.
Thanks again. I cant wait till traxxas releases the alum. turnbuckles. I also have some black rims with red nuts ordered too. Here are the traxxas turnbuckles.

To answer your questions. Yes it does have a dvd and a nice full color manual. It is a great truck for a beginner as long as you run in open areas because it is FAST. Yet it handles its speed very well and jumps extremely level. Ive heard nothing but bad things about tunning the TRX2.5 but it has been no trouble at all. The low speed needle is a little more sensetive than most but once its set your ready. Run Traxxas top fuel and stick by the books and youll be fine. If you need any help just ask.

You really wont need any performance parts for a while. It already has plenty of power for a newbie and a racer. I added the head because Im near Miami Florida and today its 94F and its still MAY!!
The GTR shocks are great I just replaced them for looks only. I would get some socks for your shocks though. Re-building shocks isnt fun and the socks cut down on rebuilds by 1/4.

Thanks again for the comments. Ill post some more pics when the rest of my red alum and wheels show up. Im gonna make it the red and black spiderman truck. I figured a theme would be cool. Ive owned 4 Nitros and all were solid aluminum before I sold them. This one has a long way to go
Old 05-30-2005, 07:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Wink

well i live in the uk and i cant find no traxxas upgrade or spares websites. badhorsie is a great website for the traxxas jato but u hav 2 pay in dollars and i obvioulsly cant. Do u know any uk websites of which sell trxxas jato upgrades and spares like the header and socks for the shocks.

Thanks

Chris
Old 05-30-2005, 07:36 AM
Tech Initiate

oops wrong link here it is
http://www.neweramodels.com/prod77_t...tm?session_id=

Jatofever
Old 05-30-2005, 07:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Wink

i ment a english website, e.g fghhghgfhg.co.uk so that i can order off it paying by english sterling pounds.
Old 05-30-2005, 08:04 AM
Tech Initiate

click buy
Old 05-30-2005, 12:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

What engine is the jato? e.g .12/.15/.21 as i want to buya tuned pipe from
Old 05-30-2005, 05:52 PM
Tech Initiate

I've just raced my Jato at the local track. I did alright but I needed more grip Can anybody help in finding a way to get more grip. I've got stock tires and new GTR shock with 30wt oil? any ideas?
Old 05-30-2005, 06:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by armyracinman
I've just raced my Jato at the local track. I did alright but I needed more grip Can anybody help in finding a way to get more grip. I've got stock tires and new GTR shock with 30wt oil? any ideas?
First you GOTTA get rid of the stock tires!! They are junk!!! I dont know what kind of track you run on. I run on a hard packed dusty track where getting grip isnt easy. I have tried a couple sets and the Proline Gladiator M2 works really well. I also run 50wt shockoil in the back and 40 up front.(I hate chassis slapping) Also make sure your mounting your battery pack in the back and not in the center.

Hope this helps

JatoFever

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.