Wiki Posts
Search

NEED SOME HELP....AM I WRONG?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 03:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)
Angry NEED SOME HELP....AM I WRONG?

Ok I traded a person (I am leaving his name out for now) a 6 month old M11 with a airtronics DSS system, extra receiver, 75nhz module and speedmind bag for a KO Helios with drop down unit, spektrum pro conversion, extra reciever and 27mhz receiver and module. I initiated the trade. Here is what went down......

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me-----
Hello,

I have a M11 and the 2.4 DSS system.
I have 3 receivers for it.
Also a Carbon radio case.

I would trade you for your HELIOS if you would add 1 more receiver or the cash to buy one.
LMK

Him-----

Fred

Oh man, you are the guy I've been looking for. What kinda cash are we talking for the extra receiver? Do you want like brand new price ($99) or a little cheaper. Also would you possibly be willing to keep one of those receivers, and maybe sell it on here or something?

I am very interested in your offer. Let me know

Also if you have a few pic's I'd love to see them before going too far. Nothing personal just like seeing things before I buy them.

Thanks

Me----

I will take some pics when i get home tonight.
I think I can sell the receiver on RC Tech.

So we would be trading radios, modules, and 2 receivers? I also have the original module 75mhz but no receiver.

HIM----

Sounds good to me. I'm sure your radio is in great shape, so I'd say we have a deal But I would still like to see a few pics

Me----

Pics coming your way tonight.

Him----

Got your mail things look great. You mentioned hoping mine is in the same condition as yours. The only cosmetic area is on the scale at the very top of the radio. I always held it at the top when waiting for my heat, I guess thats from were my thumb always rested. I think you can see it in my pics.

Me----

I can't see much so I am sure its fine.
LMK how you want to do this and we'll get things moving.

Him----

I can have things packed up tomorrow, and in the mail. Just need your addy, and how you would like to ship (UPS, USPS, ect.)

Me----

i will be using USPS. Priority if it isn't too expensive.

Fred Perkins
1 Alden Ave.
Delran NJ 08075

Him----

Sounds good to me

Him----

Just want to confirm we are putting our radios in the mail today.

Your radio is in the mail via USPS.

Delivery Conormation # - 0304 1560 0002 3013 6033

Insured for $300, Label # - VE 659 451 338 US

Me----

Mine is sent as well.
USPS Priority mail.
2 separate packages.
Sorry I didn't get the tracking or insurance but if there not there by friday LMK so I yell at the post office. and if any thing is damaged LMK I will take care if it (not worth the hassle of the insurance claim! I have been there before)

Thanks!
Fred

Him----

Sounds great!

Thanks Fred, I'm sure evrything will be ok.

Me----

Received the Transmitter today. I have to honestly say I am a little disappointed. The transmitter is full of nitro gunk. I am also missing the two flat nuts for the drop down wheel and the adjustment wheel has a dead spot. Not sure where you want to go from here but the transmitter is sent you is in PERFECT condition.

Him----

I'm sorry you feel this way, I know those two nuts were in the box when I sent it, because when I removed the drop down wheel those two nuts fell out out on me, and I picked them up right away and put them in the box to be shipped.

Pretty clear pics were provided for you to look over.

Me----

i'll check again for the nuts. As far as the adjustment wheel, I e-mailed Ko Propo and here is the response I got.

Fred,

Labor is a flat $17.00 (includes checking system, tuning and labor for replacing any parts) + parts used + shipping & handling about $18.00.

Parts used will depend on what needs to be serviced. Some examples of parts that could be used, steering and throttle pots are $5/each, trigger $7.00, etc.

Best regards,

Robert Morris
KO PROPO America
[email protected]
Tel: 310.532.9355

I can send the radio out and when I receive the bill would you be willing to cover the cost?

Him----

I'm sorry, but no.....we traded as is, you saw what you were getting. I apologize again that you are feeling cheated.

I'm sure you can go to a hardware store and buy two of those nuts for less than 5cents, if you can't find them in the box.

Me----

Found the nuts in the bottom of the shipping box.

Well then I would have to say I would like to return the trade. If your not going to stand up for the repairs then I am not willing to seal the deal. I can ship it back out on monday.

Him----

Stand up for what repairs That radio was in perfect working order when I shipped it out to you. I just had to remove the wheel extension to fit every thing back into the original packaging for shipping. I knew everything was in the box, so there was no need to send anything to KO. If things are actually broken or damaged then we need to talk with the USPS about the insurance.

Me----

Look man. Just send my radio back and will do the same. No harm no foul.

Him----

Sorry, but you initialized the trade me. You saw what you were getting in the pics, you even stated everything looked Ok. You don't like what you received I'm sorry. Put it back on the boards and sell it.

I'm sure your not gonna be happy with this response, and your gonna leave some bad review for me or whatever. Wich is fine if you feel the need. I am still going to leave positve feed back on yours.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now am I wrong but isn't this guy being a D*** and don't I have the right to charge him with mail fraud?
LMK if I am wrong here.
Every one who knows me knows that I am fair, honest, and that I keep top notch equipment. I expect the same in return. I am even willing to keep the radio as long as the guy pays for the repair to the adjustment knob.
Old 12-15-2007, 05:13 PM
Tech Master

to be honest not a lot you can do, just name him and flame him and advise others not to deal with him.

is the helios useable?

or find out where he races, visit it, find out wher he pits, wait till he marshalls and then swap radios back . make sure to leave a piece of paper with a big shit eating grin on it :P

Old 12-15-2007, 05:18 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ooliganRC
or find out where he races, visit it, find out wher he pits, wait till he marshalls and then swap radios back . make sure to leave a piece of paper with a big shit eating grin on it :P

lol pricless

That sounds like a plan Fred.

Used for used, no paypal/ebay involved, so its a gentlemen agreement. Looks like you delt with a boy. sucks.
Old 12-15-2007, 05:26 PM
Tech Champion

Well you guys made me laugh.

It just sucks that there are aholes like this out there giving our sport a bad name.
Old 12-15-2007, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

You guys can call me all the names you want. Fred had nice clear pictures to look at when he initiated the deal. Just cause he feels what he received isn't what he wanted, doesn't mean it's my reponsiblity to simply say oh'well I'll just trade you back.

Fred knew axactly what he was getting, and had no problems taking more pictures if he wanted them.

My name is Jason Porter, I race at DEE & MEE hobbies in topeka KS, so if feel the need to leave a bag of s**t sitting in my pit area and stealing what is now my radio back you know were I am.
Old 12-15-2007, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

Fred, you never mentioned the need for an adjustment knob repair, just the fact that you thought two nuts were missing. Unless I'm over looking somthing.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:05 PM
Tech Champion

Heres what I wrote

Received the Transmitter today. I have to honestly say I am a little disappointed. The transmitter is full of nitro gunk. I am also missing the two flat nuts for the drop down wheel and the adjustment wheel has a dead spot. Not sure where you want to go from here but the transmitter is sent you is in PERFECT condition.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Wow, I completely over looked that part of your post, and concentrated only on the two missing pieces. I apologize for this, If there was a dead spot when I had it I guess I never noticed as it had always worked ok, and I was able to make adjustments just fine.

I've talked with several freinds about this, and of course there all on my side. Wich I'm sure most everyone you talk to and know is on yours.

This is the first time I've been in a conflict like this, and maybe I am wrong. But I know that radio worked just fine for me over the past two years with know problems. And I had every bit of confidince that it would be just fine for you.

I still do not feel the need to trade back, as I'm sure the radio is in fine working order, just not what your standards think it shold be.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:57 PM

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by porter
Wow, I completely over looked that part of your post, and concentrated only on the two missing pieces. I apologize for this, If there was a dead spot when I had it I guess I never noticed as it had always worked ok, and I was able to make adjustments just fine.

I've talked with several freinds about this, and of course there all on my side. Wich I'm sure most everyone you talk to and know is on yours.

This is the first time I've been in a conflict like this, and maybe I am wrong. But I know that radio worked just fine for me over the past two years with know problems. And I had every bit of confidince that it would be just fine for you.

I still do not feel the need to trade back, as I'm sure the radio is in fine working order, just not what your standards think it shold be.
Visually you can't see a dead spot on the adjustment wheel. It is something that needs to be done and verified with the car/truck once it is done.
Old 12-15-2007, 07:43 PM
Tech Champion

I ran for KO Propo for over 3 years. I had the Mars, Mars R and The Helios (before it was even available on the open market) I know how it should work. The dead spot is when you are scrolling through the menus the arrow will jump up and then start to go back down again after you pass the dead spot. Like I said in the beginning I have no problem with the fact that it was dirty, disappointed but, it is completely cleanable and expected as it was a used radio. I do however have a problem with the function of the radio as you had said in your IM's it was in the same condition that my radio was in which, was in PERFECT LIKE NEW CONDITION. It is not in that type of condition. It has a dead spot in the jog wheel. I again have no problem keeping the radio all I ask is that you stand up and cover the repairs. It could have been like this the whole time you had the radio and you never noticed it.
You intimidately jumped on the the defensive and weren't even willing to compromise with me. Thats not being a stand up guy. I have always been and always stood behind any thing I sell on rctech or ebay. I even went as far to pay for a motor rpm bushing that was not in a box for a much more motor master that I send to Australia. I paid the guy to buy a new one after he provided me with a sales receipt.
Shit, I even told you in my IM that if any thing was damaged or broken that I would pay for any repairs. Do you not stand behind what you sell?
Old 12-15-2007, 08:01 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Lets see these pics. I seen thousands of pics on Tech and most don't let you see everything you need to see so you only have what one hopes is a truthful person to deal with. Looks like some of the truth was fractured a little.

I known Fred for about 15 years and one thing I know his stuff is as advertised and if it says perfect it is. I bought his stuff before and sold to him many of times and just this week as a matter of fact.

It is ashame that some on this site are not HONEST traders/sellers
Old 12-15-2007, 08:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

not going to choose sides on this one but here is an idea.

If KO actually confirms that there is something wrong with the radio, then let the original owner pay for it. If they just do a routing cleaning and calibration and nothing is wrong, let the cost fall on the new owner. How does a radio get full of nitro gunk?
Old 12-15-2007, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

I honestly don't know what to tell you right now. I've been staring at this screen for the past 20min. I'm sorry you feel you received a bum radio.

I guess you are a better man than I, and I'm sure folks reading this thread will most generally agree.

My freinds, family, co-racers all know who and what I am, they know my equipment is well enough to please most anybody.

At this point I am just gonna have to look like an ass.
Old 12-15-2007, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

pics for ywd

http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=194775
Old 12-15-2007, 09:15 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Pics don't look bad. From looking I can tell how dirty the radio is/was other than what I'm told but overall the pics don't look bad.

I think the bad thing is in general on Tech or other sites that pics only tell or show some of the story. Then the person selling the item has to be the eyes to describe what is not seen.

I'm not thinking porter is a bad guy and I know Fred is a a good guy. My thought is each has a little different expectation. Good thing I guess is both are on here posting and neither is hiding so that to me means things can get worked out.

Me personally can only speak from knowing, racing, buying and selling to Fred over the years and that he is a good guy with a perfect seller rating on Tech over all these years.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.