Wiki Posts
Search

Please look i build cars for cheap

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 06:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Please look i build cars for cheap

Hello everybody, I will be offering my services of building cars for anyone who needs a car built. Price depends on kit. It will be cheep because I love to build the kits. I use all hudy tools so nothing gets stripped. I can also use locktite on everything if you want. I build all kits. I am racer too of 1/12 and 1/10 so i know the concept of these cars If you are not satisfied with what you get back from you can send it back and I will do whatever you want me too do to it( what ever you didnt like). I am just trying to help this hobby out buy helping out fellow racers in making it easier for them to get on the track. Thank You

Sean
Tech Fanatic

i charge like 25 bucks a kit
Tech Fanatic

you can also send me the electronics and i will put them in the car solder everything for a small 5 dollar charge i can put the connectors you want on for w/e they cost or u can send them urself and ill jus put them on. if you send the elctronics i can set everything up for you. Ride hight, camber, caster, tweek, toe in, and anything else you can think off.
Old 04-05-2006, 03:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Say if I wanted some custom parts put on my kit, and wanted elecs installed how much would that cost? And do u order the kits?
Old 04-05-2006, 07:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

great service sir, im having difficulty in setting up my car but to bad im from the philippines.
Old 04-05-2006, 04:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

wen u say custom parts do u want me to like make um or just put um on and elctronics will be 10 bucks that means double siding tape everything solder and put on the connectors u want ( u have to pay for the connectors lol)
let me know if u want that done also shipping will be like 10 bucks maybe
Old 04-05-2006, 11:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi,

What I mean is if I pay will you buy the parts for me, such as Skyline upgrades for a V One RRR and post them to yourself, build it then post it to me. ANyway Im not really a potential customer (just trying to help your business) cause I'm in AUstralia and I offer the almost the same service. I just get my friends to write a list of what they want, recomend stuff to them, order it for them, build it over the weekend a boom! they have a ready to run car!

Cheers
Old 04-06-2006, 04:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

yea thats what i do i get cars and do what they want me to do with it. they have to send me alll the parts our they can send the money and i will get um. im just trying to help the hobby out. I find my prices very competive
Old 04-06-2006, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

It sounds pretty good, but it is the simplest thing in the world to do these tasks.

I've done such things for fellow racers on many occasions for free. I can assemble most of my cars from parts bags in a couple hours with no instructions in a poorly lit area. I would consider myself rather proficient at soldering, and think that I (Seeing as I own 25 cars) would be rather good at most every other aspect of car building myself.

I am not trying to damage your credibility, and I think it's great how you are willing to do such things, but I thing charging money for good will services is a bit cheap. I mean, it's helping someone out. If it was a learning experience it would be the most beneficial way to get the project done, but to buy a kit and have someone else build it seems kind of pointless. Kit building is fun to me, and I don't see why anyone would pay me to take their fun away.

I do think that for some people your services are a great idea, but I guess I just don't understand what so many people are doing in this hobby if they don't care to build and maintain their own vehicles. I'm sorry if I offended you in any way, I just think people should have to fix what they break, and that R/C isn't the same thing as a full size car, where (This doesn't apply to me by the way) if you break something you need a special technician to put a new part on.

If you can make money doing this then I say go for it! Honestly, I hope this is working for you, but please don't use your knowledge to mislead or take advantage of the newbies in this hobby. Just my opinion, don't pay any attention to my senseless ramblings...
Old 04-07-2006, 11:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

some people amy not have patience or they may be lazy
and why would i do it for free im taking my time to build um that would be pointless so yea
Old 04-07-2006, 04:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

its a good idea for people who just dont have the time, but idealy, you should make them YOURSELF so you know your car/truck. i agree with platinum racin.
Old 04-07-2006, 05:27 PM
Tech Master

If everyone in this hobby wanted to build their own kit, then rtr versions would be obsolete, and we all know that isn't the case.

I'm sure there are people out there that want the performance of a kit version but like the aspect of buy and go that you get with an rtr..

I also believe that anyone owning an rc vehicle should be able to work on and maintain it when needed...
Old 04-11-2006, 01:36 AM
Tech Elite

A quick question, do you build them to perform at there best?
What touring EP car would you suggest is the best to win with?
Old 04-11-2006, 04:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

it all depends if you wanna go fast a xray t2 would be the best, however that car does break rather easily. If you want a war machine go with a tc4. Xray is the way to go though i can get one for u and build a t2 for 430 its like 410 the car then 20 bucks to build let me know
Old 04-11-2006, 05:18 PM
Tech Regular

The TC4 is really fraglie, IMO.
I have seen some break really easy.
Tamiya's are the war machines
BTW, you can get t2's new from speedtech for 376 last time I checked.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.