Old 03-27-2011, 08:27 PM
Tech Adept

who is the australian importer of theses motors
Old 03-27-2011, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rufazz
who is the australian importer of theses motors
There is no Australian importer for Murnan. You order them directly from his site.

Michael.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ralphierace13
is the piston and sleeve in the tuned kangaroo the same as the reg kangaroo?
It's the same in novarossi's tuned. The sleeve is modified on the Murnan tuned.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:25 AM
Tech Master

Default IDM EVO4 Engines in stock now

We have just received the new IDM EVO4 .21 On Road engines. We have the stock, and factory tuned versions.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grinder
We have just received the new IDM EVO4 .21 On Road engines. We have the stock, and factory tuned versions.
By chance are you going to do any dyno testing on these? I know what they will do on the track, just curious what the chart would look like compared to a 35 plus and a Flash .21.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

just got some lineer shims the ones go under the sleeve used a .1mm motor felt alittle more perky felt like i got some more mid-top out of it. now my ? is when u raise the sleeve i know it changes the timing, but does it also give alittle less compression cause the button head is alittle further away from the piston? also can i take out a .1mm head shim what will that do? thanks
Old 03-30-2011, 03:13 PM
Tech Master

just got some lineer shims the ones go under the sleeve used a .1mm motor felt alittle more perky felt like i got some more mid-top out of it. now my ? is when u raise the sleeve i know it changes the timing, but does it also give alittle less compression cause the button head is alittle further away from the piston? also can i take out a .1mm head shim what will that do? thanks
If you add a 0.1mm shim under the liner you will also need to take out 0.1mm of head shims. Otherwise you'll change the compression ratio as well.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

No, you raised the sleeve, and the combustion chanber rests against the top of the sleeve, so by raising the sleeve you raised the CC along with it. Therefore no head clearance change.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nitrodude
No, you raised the sleeve, and the combustion chanber rests against the top of the sleeve, so by raising the sleeve you raised the CC along with it. Therefore no head clearance change.
The head clearance does change. As you said you are raising the sleeve plus head button but the piston stays in the same spot, TDC height remains the same. Therefore you will have more room between the top of the piston and the headbutton. This will change the compression ratio.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
The head clearance does change. As you said you are raising the sleeve plus head button but the piston stays in the same spot, TDC height remains the same. Therefore you will have more room between the top of the piston and the headbutton. This will change the compression ratio.
Good point. Wasnt thinking about the stroke
Old 03-30-2011, 04:02 PM
Tech Addict

Grinder I race the 1/8 GT class and need a new motor for the Nats in October. I have a RB that you modified in the GT right now that is just awsome but I don't know wish one is it since I bought it used. All I know is that it was an offroad motor. Wish motor do you recommend for this particular class? I talked to you last year about it in a race here in PR but couldn't get in touch with you then.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by quietstorm76
By chance are you going to do any dyno testing on these? I know what they will do on the track, just curious what the chart would look like compared to a 35 plus and a Flash .21.
Not yet. I have been extremely busy trying to get ready for the WC. Right now there is not enough time in a day.

I will dyno the engines when I return from the race. I should have some results of the testing by the end of April. I have been doing lots of on track testing, and they are fast. Good on fuel too.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
If you add a 0.1mm shim under the liner you will also need to take out 0.1mm of head shims. Otherwise you'll change the compression ratio as well.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jneg
Grinder I race the 1/8 GT class and need a new motor for the Nats in October. I have a RB that you modified in the GT right now that is just awsome but I don't know wish one is it since I bought it used. All I know is that it was an offroad motor. Wish motor do you recommend for this particular class? I talked to you last year about it in a race here in PR but couldn't get in touch with you then.
If you want an engine with too much power try my modified Fusion X28. So far in on track testing that engine is blowing tires, and transmissions in IGT cars, but extremely fast. For something fast, and smooth try my modified Novarossi Kangaroo.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Grinder
If you want an engine with too much power try my modified Fusion X28. So far in on track testing that engine is blowing tires, and transmissions in IGT cars, but extremely fast. For something fast, and smooth try my modified Novarossi Kangaroo.
I will then try the Kangaroo. I preffer a .21 since they have more than enough power for the rubber tires we use. Plus fuel milage is another consideration. The RB engine that I have from you is an offroad engine and it does really good on power and milage departments. BTW I have won all three races this season and I think one major reason is your motor reliability and power.

Last edited by jneg; 03-30-2011 at 06:25 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.