Driving Etiquette - Read & Learn

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2003, 09:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Brett
u can go right on buy without felling nothing

u have to learn to race under presure

some times u have to really presure the driver to get him/her offline

becasue they start concentrating on your car and not there ans end up off worse becase in mostcases trying to slighty block block ya

thats racing but

u cant help how the other driver takes how close u r mentally
Exactly

You stop and let him back ahead of you if YOU do something to HIM, like make too agressive a move and slam him.

Most people don't know, but in full-size racing, you don't have the inside line until your nose is at least to his door (half his length) - if you don't have that, you don't have the inside and must yield it back to him.

I personally think that should be the guide for us too - rather than just diving deep and trying to make a stupid line stick. . .
Old 02-08-2003, 10:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by TambokGT
sure. you have pics?
sorry man... I have no pics or any way to get them on the net. The buggy is used but not abused.

EDIT- I'll PM you

Last edited by Turbo9000; 02-08-2003 at 11:11 PM.
Old 02-08-2003, 10:48 PM
Tech Adept

boomer, i agree with you. you should always yield the inside line if you do not have control of it. know this rule is also an important key in driving. I do disagree that everytime you make contact you should wait. It depends on the situations. Accidents in full size racing happen; its part of the sport, but you don't go around trying to destroy someones car. You should respect other people cars and be as safe with thier car as you are with yours. We all know we but many hours into our cars and the guy standin next to you in the racer's stand has dones the same. Now if you you guys are battling it out for the top spot then you should be extra careful to avoid hitting, but it you do so be it. Thats racing anything can happen. Now if driver 2 did it by accident or driver one made a mistake you don't fault the drivers, its racing. Accept defeat and congratualate victory. Accidents will happen just as long as they are not intentional. Their will be those inexperienced drivers who just don't understand but hey they have to learn so teach them. But also if somebody see's your car lying sideways and instead of breaking to lose the lead trys to pass your car and t-bones it well thats just wrong. But always remember its Racing!!!
Old 02-08-2003, 11:11 PM
JUN
Tech Adept

I'll take the pass anyway i can get it.
Old 02-09-2003, 05:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I think unintentional bump OK. If you hit him hard and bump him off his line, but he is still in first, just apologize and keep going. Basically, this is a repeat of what was said by everyone else.

Modellor,
The pressure approach is racing. That is the best strategy I know.
Old 02-09-2003, 06:57 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com

god rest his soul......but did you ever see Dale run?.......

Rubbin is racin" son..............
Old 02-09-2003, 07:21 AM
Tech Master

Yep. A true master of rubbin and applying pressure to the guy in front.

May he rest in peace.
Old 02-09-2003, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Default Driving Etiquette

Gentlemen;

I think what peves me most is having someone slam into the back of you because they overshot the corner or made a sloppy pass and continue on their merry little way while you get slamed by two more cars and put back 1/2 a lap. If the race is for Trophies, WOO watch out, it is really bad.
Old 02-09-2003, 07:09 PM
Tech Master

Here's a question for some of you etiquette experts...

TQ guy gets taken out in the first turn. For whatever reason, TQ guy gets down almost a lap. The leader comes up on TQ guy and the announcer says "That's the leader behind you." TQ guy goes a lap with the leader not even close to making a pass. Announcer threatens TQ guy with a stop and go penalty. What do you do if you're TQ guy?
Old 02-09-2003, 07:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by rod_b
TQ guy goes a lap with the leader not even close to making a pass. Announcer threatens TQ guy with a stop and go penalty.
is that a rule ?
Old 02-09-2003, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Default Rod B;

Rod, glad to see you back racing with us.

Answer to your question:
Popsracer; "Move aside.....Leader coming through !"

If your not blocking the leader, I say keep pushing it and pull away. If you can't maintain to lead then give way. If your the TQ from the previous qualifier, then you might only go down 1 spot. If your in the main, judgement call. Give way and hope to take it back, or just try and pick up the pace and pull away.

You gave me a good run in the second qualifier for a while. Hope to see you back out there in 2 weeks.
Old 02-10-2003, 05:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rod_b
Here's a question for some of you etiquette experts...

TQ guy gets taken out in the first turn. For whatever reason, TQ guy gets down almost a lap. The leader comes up on TQ guy and the announcer says "That's the leader behind you." TQ guy goes a lap with the leader not even close to making a pass. Announcer threatens TQ guy with a stop and go penalty. What do you do if you're TQ guy?

that's racing, you can't expect all 10 other drivers to go into the pits,.....wait,......let you pass back to first then recommence.

situations like the above always happen, think of it this way, what comes, goes. karma.

heres a situation, i pop a steering arm cuz second place was a little to eager with taking the inside line, i tq'ed but had to limp into the pits and i am now last. i get back out there and the guy that taped me and poped the steering arm is behind me, does the rest of the pack give me back first place???!! OF COURSE NOT!

it's really hard for most racers to cleanly take every single pass, only the racers who have been in it for years can do this. it's ok though cuz we're all gonna get there some day
Old 02-10-2003, 12:08 PM
Tech Addict

Interesting subject. Doesn't always apply to races though. Alot of variables. Other racers on on the course too. If you are second and bump out the lead car, and other cars are a distance away, you can wait and still fight it out to the end. If the rest of the pack are right with you, you slow down and wait, your both in the back of the pack. But thats where real driving etiquette comes in. You are both in the rear of the pack. Doesn't really mean anything racewise, but then again, curtisy is always nice. Another factor to remember, not everyone is as the same level driving. If just bashing, someone is a hack plain and simple and has no regard for anyone and their property, it should be brought to their attention one way or another. Lord knows we have all seen these types. Then again, there are the ones who's driving is just not up to par yet, but genuinely try to avoid you. Expiranced drivers must also know and when approaching them and be even just as careful as when near a hack. Just my opionion.
Old 02-10-2003, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

Default Driving Etiquette

CHUCKMANDO;

Yes I am inclined to agree with your statements.

Myself, if I am in 2nd and tap the leader in a misjudged pass, I will wait to allow him time to recover. This will also depend on who I am dealing with. If it is a top contender who is always on top, then I will most certainly wait. If it is some lucky hack who has taken me out on several occasions, then see you later buddy.
If someone is always doing the "Hit & Run" routine then why should I extent the courtesy and wait if he never does.

When I am leading, I generally will hang back when coming up on slow traffic and wait for an opening so as not to get hit. If 2nd place is charging hard, I may just go for it to avoid going down a spot.
If you watch full size TC racing, it is amazing how similar the driving tactics are to our RC cars and how a little bumping and pushing in accepted (a little).
Old 02-10-2003, 03:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by VenomWorldOrder
that's racing, you can't expect all 10 other drivers to go into the pits,.....wait,......let you pass back to first then recommence.
That's not really the point I was trying to make. I was in a race where I got bumped around. When the leader came up on me, the announcer asked me to pull aside so I did. I chased the leader and passed him. Then a while later, the announcer asks me again to pull over. Now I like to believe I'm a courteous driver but how is someone ever supposed to catch up in a long main when you are never allowed to pass the leader to get your laps back? Anyway...

I think something needs to be done about the "First Turn Carnage"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.