please help

Old 06-15-2013, 02:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Default please help

HI i am looking for help on how to upgrade my traxxas t maxx 2.5. I am looking for new engine doesnt have to be a traxxas make but have to fit lol. New suspension as i only have stock suspension at the minute. I have all ready upgraded my steering to bluebird BMS-631MG Super Fast Servo (Metal Gear) 5.0kg / .10sec / 46g. But will take any advise on any upgrades that i can make the my truck as i am new to nitro cars.
Old 06-15-2013, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

OS .21 TM
Get RPM arms
Check out UE if money ain't issue!
Old 06-16-2013, 07:40 AM
Tech Master

I had a Revo 3.3 & put the O.S 21tm engine in it, seemed like a decent engine & went well but didn't get a chance to really test it out because I sold the Revo, I also got rid of the electric start & put a Sullivan tiger drive on it, less weight & less hassles, The person I sold it to said it worked great.
For a steering servo the Savox sc 1256tg should work ok, around 20kg torque & .15 seconds or so @ 6.0v, use a 2s 6.6v LiFePO4 receiver battery pack for a little more speed.
For throttle, try the Savox sc 1258tg servo (12kg & .08 sec @ 6v) or the slightly less powerful Savox sc 1257tg servo (10kg).
I use the 1256 & 1258 in a 1/8 nitro buggy with a 6.6v LiFe battery pack & they work well, I was going to get them for my Revo as well before I sold it.