Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 02:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Pyramid
I think the snake bite you hard
It did... I dont want anything else...
Old 05-17-2004, 02:21 AM
Tech Prophet

I would like to add that for those who opt to run the front ball diff on the 710, Rene's setup in Brazil looks pretty good.

http://www.mytsn.com/setups/setup.asp?sid=2311
Old 05-17-2004, 05:28 AM
Wap
Tech Adept

Hey guys, i watch the south west region races in texas. i was glad to see a few 710 drivers. The A main guys was fast. Atomic Ron won and i think he races Kyosho. Brandon McNalley had car problems, i believe he races for serpent and was racing the 710. It was good to see those guys who use to race electric with me 5 years ago. I guess moving from electric to gas is just an evolution.

I can't wait to get out and lay the smack down.
Old 05-17-2004, 05:56 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally posted by BaxterC
Guess what... I got all my missing parts on Saturday... WOW that was fast. I also got my stuff from RCCarinternational... I have completed the car. One thing I wanted to cnkow, how do you set the ride height on the car, I have set the up-stops, the down-stops and all that, I am able to set it with the shocks, (threaded bits) but then to measuse it with the hudy ride height guage is a little hear raising as the chassis has a bevel which makes for a dificult one to see the guage. Does anyone have a tip for this?

Marcos, How is the house coming along? How did the meeting go last week?
i missed the meeting but the house is finished
Old 05-17-2004, 06:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: McLaren F1 GTR Longtail

Originally posted by InitialD
I may be wrong but most of the time, I believe the concours event would make it compulsory to use only bodyshells that you're gonna use for racing... I may be wrong.

What I have experienced is that if a body wins a concours competition, you have to use it after that for one heat or one lap in a heat.

I don't have a problem with that... done it before... hopefully will do it again!
Old 05-17-2004, 06:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Marcos.S710
i missed the meeting but the house is finished
Hmm, I am glad the house is complete, it is a pity about the meeting though. How is the wifey doing? You baby is nearly due Dadio...
Old 05-17-2004, 06:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: McLaren F1 GTR Longtail

Originally posted by GlennCauley
What I have experienced is that if a body wins a concours competition, you have to use it after that for one heat or one lap in a heat.

I don't have a problem with that... done it before... hopefully will do it again!
I suppose I would also not have a problem with that Glenn, in fact, I would race it just one lap, AT THE BACK, away from all the other cars...
Old 05-17-2004, 06:15 AM
Tech Elite

Unhappy oh flipping heck!

D, I think there was more to those metal shielded bearings than met my eye I have small bits of my once good motor in front of me now something went horribly wrong at the track today.
I ran about 5 tanks and then chatted to a club mate of mine - afterwards I couldn't get the motor to run right, so I did the emergency set-everything-mega-rich setup. As soon as I got the LSN set, the HSN went out and vice-versa....and I mean big style Eventually I seemed to get it running but after two laps the motor stopped - I tried to start it again, but the fly wheel was stuck like when you break-in a motor - I took the head off and there are shardes of metal all over and the piston head is very black
I can probably throw this motor away now I'll see if I can see what the root cause was
Old 05-17-2004, 06:16 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Hmm, I am glad the house is complete, it is a pity about the meeting though. How is the wifey doing? You baby is nearly due Dadio...
thanks he should arrive June 30th!!cant wait
Old 05-17-2004, 06:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: oh flipping heck!

Originally posted by markp27
D, I think there was more to those metal shielded bearings than met my eye I have small bits of my once good motor in front of me now something went horribly wrong at the track today.
I ran about 5 tanks and then chatted to a club mate of mine - afterwards I couldn't get the motor to run right, so I did the emergency set-everything-mega-rich setup. As soon as I got the LSN set, the HSN went out and vice-versa....and I mean big style Eventually I seemed to get it running but after two laps the motor stopped - I tried to start it again, but the fly wheel was stuck like when you break-in a motor - I took the head off and there are shardes of metal all over and the piston head is very black
I can probably throw this motor away now I'll see if I can see what the root cause was
OHHH, my goodness, Thank that mugen driver... what a bugger, this can be the only cause... Please let us know. I would check, maybe you wont need to throw, but you may need to replace most of everything...
Old 05-17-2004, 06:33 AM
Tech Elite

Just checked - the bearing on the bottom of the conrod (where is joins the crankshaft) has disintigrated the conrod then went on to take chunks out of the crank case and the resulting shards of metal damaged the liner and the piston......looks like a right off to me
Old 05-17-2004, 06:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Marcos.S710
thanks he should arrive June 30th!!cant wait
I wouldn't be able to wait either, but you see, I am not married so I dont have the right to enjoy such things... Soon I hope as I am not getting any younger.
Old 05-17-2004, 06:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Just checked - the bearing on the bottom of the conrod (where is joins the crankshaft) has disintigrated the conrod then went on to take chunks out of the crank case and the resulting shards of metal damaged the liner and the piston......looks like a right off to me
OH my goodness. That is not good. and motors are dang expensive. How old is it? ... It is the NEW one isn't it?
Old 05-17-2004, 06:42 AM
Tech Elite

OH my goodness. That is not good. and motors are dang expensive. How old is it? ... It is the NEW one isn't it?
yep, this is quite an expensive motor It's had about 3 liters through it, so it isn't that its old.
Not sure what to think the cause would be - possible bad tuning, but I tune the LSN with the pinch method and the HSN I always start from very rich (i.e. stalls when I give some throttle) and I keep checking the temp after three hard laps until I get I good HSN setting. Maybe the hit I got yesterday was really right onto the crankshaft and somehow it damaged the two metal shielded bearings and the motor bearings sounds unlikely, though.

Cheers, Mark.
Old 05-17-2004, 06:58 AM
Tech Elite

I feel your pain man...i just had my Max replaced with a new piston/sleeve and both front and rear bearings. My fault coz i didn't do a check on my engine after the last race and went on to start it...not knowing it had a broken filament inside. It managed to start after replacing a new plug but it sounded horrible as there was a grinding sound coming from it, but silly me went on to play After a tank or two, the idle kept fluctuating and then disaster stroke...it didn't wanna start no more. The piston head had little bits of metal stuck to it and the buttonhead felt like it was sandblasted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.