Search
Like Tree1Likes

Nitro Pitting / Shortage of HELP

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 08:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
E-buggy looks so cool, but on the higher side of cost. 1200-1300 is a lot of money for a toy car all at one time. Wondering if stadium truck will be fun alternative as literally half the cost of e-buggy.
OMG your u comparing an apple to an orange 1/8 scale would be a better pick as far as performance its handling is stout compared to a stadium struck night and day. You will have so much more fun with a Ebuggy more so if it's a Serpent
Old 11-03-2012, 09:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1
OMG your u comparing an apple to an orange 1/8 scale would be a better pick as far as performance its handling is stout compared to a stadium struck night and day. You will have so much more fun with a Ebuggy more so if it's a Serpent
Aww, i wish you hadn't said that as i knew in the back of my mind e-buggy looked way cooler and more fun. Tried to convince myself stadium truck would be cheaper and make me a better driver (which it probably will), but i guess i'm just kidding myself when cost is the only thing separating me from going e-buggy. Don't know about getting a serpent though as parts support is non-existent in my area and most people have never even seen one. Heard that they are the best quality kits you can buy though.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

There's one thing I've learned from racing nitro and that's use the buddy system when racing....if you can't bring one with ya, make a new one at the track!! If you can't, then do it yourself plain and simple....it's nobody else's obligation to fuel me up, it's not their buggy I'm running it's mine. Have you ever just handed your radio to a die hard E racer and told them to "drive it like you stole it" ? Most of them are more comfortable with E because thats all they know....don't condem them, CONVERT them!!!
Old 11-04-2012, 06:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hustler777
CONVERT them!!!
I agree, we need to start a coordinated effort to convert these e-babies to believe in radical nitrology.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Nah don't convert them! If you convert them, you just added a need for yet another pit man....
Old 11-04-2012, 07:11 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kja812
We run three 15 minute nitro mains each club race day instead of multiple qualifying rounds - way more fun by the way. Usually only have 1 or 2 pit guys for everyone to maximize the number of marshals. We all come in quick at the end of warm-up for fuel and then do a standing start on the track with the faster guys at the back and we are not too picky about the line-up. There is lots of time between the 6 and 10 minute mark for everyone to come in for fuel without the pit guys getting overloaded. Drivers just call down when they are coming in - our pit lane has numbered fuel bottle holders to make it easier. Pit guys are sometimes busy running around when someone flames out but for the most part it works fine for us.
I agree. Long live nitro....
Old 11-04-2012, 07:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by E1 Diablo
Nah don't convert them! If you convert them, you just added a need for yet another pit man....
No no, you got it all wrong! Because the e-babies are such horribly poor drivers, so there'll be an abundance of spare e-baby pit-guys.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:25 AM

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

If any of you Nitro guys ever race in Omaha and need someone to pit, give me a shout. Please plan on spending some time before the race to show me what you want done and how to do it.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:46 AM
Tech Champion

Awesome another helping hand
Old 11-04-2012, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Has anyone taken a second to look at the big picture? Maybe nitro racing needs restructuring to bring it back to life!

Here's a couple of ideas.

1) Don't rely on the seasoned electric racers to "convert". People prefer certain classes for whatever reasons and are totally content with it. No different than Nitro guys not wanting to race 1/10th 2wd buggy because they are "silent little toys car".

2) Calling Electric racers E-babies isn't going to help your cause. The biggest problem with nitro racing is the attitude of some nitro racers. Drop the sense of entitlement!

3) Create incentives for noobs to race nitro.. FREE NITRO NOVICE CLASS!!!

4) Nitro needs a low budget class bring back 1/10th gas truck, or a spec/RTR class. Don't rely on roar or the industry to do it for you. your local club/track should led the way, the industry will follow.

5) Promote local club racing!!! Ditch the trophy hunter races and traveling point series. Without local club racing the expensive travel races become the "club race" in a sense.

Look at it from a non-nitro racers point of view lets say Joe Newbie Racer has spent the last 2 years racing 2wd SC at his local indoor track every weekend at $35 day (race fee, gas, and lunch). He starts to gain interest in nitro 1/8 buggy but the local nitro club racing scene is hit or miss/nonexistent so his only option is to follow the travel races. On average each race is 100 miles away from home. Since he has never been to the tracks on the series he has to leave work early on Friday to gain much needed practice at the track before Saturday's big race. So instead of spending the $35 at the local indoor track, he now has to miss a half day's of work, drive 100 miles each way, find lodging for friday night and pay a premium for the trophy/points race. After thinking it over, He buys a second electric car to club race locally instead getting that awesome new nitro buggy because the initial investment and cost of ownership for a nitro doesn't make sense to him, or is out of his monthly hobby budget. <---- This is our main problem locally, I've asked many new and seasoned electrics racers way they won't race nitro this is the main reason!
Old 11-04-2012, 03:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)

i feel the main reason for the nitro drop off is all the "big" races in our area. in Omaha this past summer the nitro summer series was a joke. very low turnout and everyone complained the track was to 1/10 scale friendly. this past weekend we had the first winter series race and the turnout was huge. in the summer, there are so many places in our area to race, it is hard to travel very far unless it is a "big" race. in the winter, Omaha is the only place to race nitro and this really helps to get the numbers up.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

I always liked 2wd nitro ST racing,never had one because no one wants one and 2 more reasons:tires cost the same as 1/8th and there's no .12 engines bellow 200$ available here.Yesterday did some tuning to prep my .21 engine to winter racing and guess what,1/4 turn at the low-speed and 1/4 at the idle and there it is,done.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:54 PM
Tech Champion

Nitro isn't that hard people make it more difficult then it is if you read and learn by practicing and you have common sense then you will do just fine. If your able to hear, own a screw driver and notice changes per your adjustments you can tune a nitro engine. I started off with a nitro revo had a hard time for they first few weeks but I spent my time at the local park burning fuel many hours that was the best practice and it taught me the rights and wrongs.

Also their are always people willing to help I would and do any time someone requests that's what this hobby is about.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitroal
i feel the main reason for the nitro drop off is all the "big" races in our area. in Omaha this past summer the nitro summer series was a joke. very low turnout and everyone complained the track was to 1/10 scale friendly. this past weekend we had the first winter series race and the turnout was huge. in the summer, there are so many places in our area to race, it is hard to travel very far unless it is a "big" race. in the winter, Omaha is the only place to race nitro and this really helps to get the numbers up.
I gotta admit, running on a track with no big jumps or is just too small for your vehicle isn't very fun. I am lucky to have a track and area that has a 50/50 balance of nitro and electric. Too bad i won't be contributing to the nitro.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 30Tooth
I always liked 2wd nitro ST racing,never had one because no one wants one and 2 more reasons:tires cost the same as 1/8th and there's no .12 engines bellow 200$ available here.Yesterday did some tuning to prep my .21 engine to winter racing and guess what,1/4 turn at the low-speed and 1/4 at the idle and there it is,done.
Ya nitro ST racing is a blast!!! But where are you getting your prices? $100 will get you a .12 plenty fast enough to race with....and as far as wheels/tires go, your only buying pairs, not sets at a time, so it's still cheaper than 1/8 scale...the issue is, atleast here in the states, is that 1/10 offroad nitro pretty much has been forgotten about ever since ROAR dropped it from their sanctioned classes...I'd love to see it back just as strong as 1/8 again....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.