Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Ernie Provetti For Roar President, Whats Your Thoughts? >

Ernie Provetti For Roar President, Whats Your Thoughts?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ernie Provetti For Roar President, Whats Your Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2002, 03:40 PM

Default Ernie Provetti For Roar President, Whats Your Thoughts?

Just thought I'd start some chadder on the subject. Do you guys think he would be a good ROAR president?
Old 10-30-2002, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

Unhappy

I think he would be good for ROAR if he was not part of trinity. His tie with trinity may lead to odd questions if he were the prez. He would help comercialize racing and make it bigger here, which would mean that companies would be able to produce even more racing vehicles, but I think that his tie with Trinity might make it hard, b/c there is a likelyhood that he will look into what trinity's future is rather than just the future of racing. This might not be true, but I am worried about the prospect.

Richard Saxton (the king) all the way
Old 10-30-2002, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

My thoughts EXACTLY !! Rick Wilson is a racer, who'll look out for the racer. Ernie hasn't even been a member.
Old 10-30-2002, 05:02 PM
Tech Master

By the way who are all of the different candidates. the ROAR Rev-Up magazine doesn't have all of them right?

Someone please list
Old 10-30-2002, 07:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

I am Not Putting Down any Class of Racing But the only Thing I see Ernie is worried about Besides $$$$ Signs is Electric Racing He has Not Mentioned 1 times anything about Gas (nitro) classes If he has i sure would Love to Read about it Rick Wilson Has My Vote a Racer For Racers
Old 10-30-2002, 08:35 PM
Tech Master

There are only two guys runnnig, Ernie & Rick. The ballot is on the last page of the Rev Up.
Old 10-30-2002, 09:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

I agree with all of you!!!
I feel that if, in this type of business, you cannot be AN OWNER,(Company) and the prez at the same time, conflict of interest comes to mind. I also feel that he MIGHT change the rules in order to better his position, and his company's position in this hobby. Gas racing has not been mentioned, as far as I can see, only Electric. Don't get me wrong, Electric is fine, in fact, I'll bet the majority of people started in R/C with an Electric car or truck, but there is now the NITRO BUZZ, and should not be set on the back burner.
Also, which really bothers me, is that Rick Wilson had a thread going on Trinity's forum, about the up coming elections, and was deleted because he was willing to answer any and all questions.
What's with that????!!!!!
Ernie will only hurt the hobby, and possably ruin what we all have enjoyed for so long....... Ernie also has a strong following of people, that is going to be a tough table to turn.
Sorry, but Rick is a racer, and I vote for someone that is INVOLVED in racing, not just sitting on the side, making rules or changes to suit his needs!!!
Rick Wilson has my vote!
Smitty
Old 10-31-2002, 01:49 AM
Tech Master

Unhappy

I remember Richard Saxton was trying to become prez? I remember him talking about it a year ago! Plus, they have that blank that says OTHER on the ballot.

Isn't Rick Wilson the regional director of the California Region? He seems like a good choice because of how well his region has been growing and getting attention worldwide.
Old 10-31-2002, 07:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I vote for Rick Wilson.....He's not worried about $$$$$$$$$ all the time. When did Ernie become a member of ROAR?
Old 10-31-2002, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Just days before the nominations were to be final.

Rick is the Reg.10 dir., of california's region...
Old 10-31-2002, 05:16 PM
Tech Regular

Sounds like Rick Wilson gets my vote, cause honestly, the conflict of interest is just too much. I dont want Trinity running amok and making all the rules for everyone else.
Old 10-31-2002, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

That was my feeling as well - Ernie is far too commercial. Just look at his statement - nothing about RACERS or MEMBERS. It was all about the manufacturers.

Look also at Trinity's site and forum. OF COURSE Richard got his thread deleted. It was in competition with ERNIE. . . Trinity's site is an extension of Trinity. It isn't an open forum like this place is.

I don't know anything about Richard, really. I am in Reg 12 and don't ever remember him coming to the largest track in Southern Cal (SoCal) and neither can many others of us. We don't know what he looks like at all. That worries me.

But, no matter what, I don't want ROAR commercialized more than it is.

I WOULD, however, love to see my Rev-up so I can actually VOTE. Shoot, that was part of the very reason I paid the dinero to join!!!

Last edited by Boomer; 11-01-2002 at 08:42 AM.
Old 10-31-2002, 07:23 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by theRED5
Just days before the nominations were to be final.
This sounds ridiculous. Not even a member before, walk in and vote for president. What he had done? Under-table agreement with manu factors? (this is one of possible possibility)

Rick can start his discussion here as this is a open forum, not someone's else private house or something.
Old 10-31-2002, 09:23 PM
Tech Master

Personally, I find Ernie's actions quite funny. Give him credit for trying, I noticed that he had many more pictures floating around, not only in interviews, but also in ads and stuff . Thought it was kind of funny . Well lets see if the rest of America's racers see it our way.
Old 10-31-2002, 10:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Nothing more than a Snake in the grass!
I agree, I only hope the rest of the racers see the light!
Smitty

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.