Attitude on the Racetrack...?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Attitude on the Racetrack...?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2003, 09:56 AM
Tech Regular

hehe this all really makes me laugh a bit when I think about how serious people get over stuff. Yes, I agree nobody likes to get hacked or introduced to the wall going 40 mph. And getting frustrated or a little upset is fine.

But when you put it into perspective, and I look at this the same for all these "Pro" drivers that get paid to race blah blah blah...

It's nothing more than boys and men, in some cases chicks playing with little cars. I've seen "Pro" drivers, fully sponsored and paid to race a toy car for a living and they get so bent sometimes over the silliest things.

In the end all you have is a bunch of paid and sponsored drivers racing little cars. Sometimes they win big championships and the worlds...does that really even make them race car drivers? hehe hardly anything to be gloating about when it still doesn't look good on a resume for a normal working class job.

The more I've raced, the less I let things bother me...trust me when I say I can be upset kinda easily sometimes too. But in no circumstance should any driver be allowed to throw 5-10 lb. cars around amongst other people. That's a huge safety hazard and liability for the business owner. Those types of people should be banned from the track before they end up causing the track to be shut down because an injured racer or spectator gets hurt and sues the track for not taking action sooner. God forbid a 30 year old adult has a temper tantrum and tosses his car and hits someone's child.

Sorry for the rant, but these types of outbursts at tracks should not be allowed by any means. You throw something you're gone, not warned, thrown out.
Old 04-11-2003, 10:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

I agree, throw them out. if you can see them getting upset, i think the track people should warn him and say "look, if you dont calm down we will throw you out if you get out of hand." I have a temper and i think i would get really pissed off if someone purposely did something to me, but if we are racing and its an accident, things happen. Accidents are the way of life in racing. heck, look at the talledaga race last weekend (for all you NASCAR fans). 2 cut tires in 2 different races took out most of the field for the busch and winston races. If its done on purpose thats a different matter. and even then, try to talk it out reasonably. if you cant reason with the person, then maybe it time to make ALOT of other friends on the track to take the guy out on the next race...lol j/k.
Old 04-11-2003, 12:20 PM
Tech Adept

Could you imagine if newmans tire had flown off into a grandstand rather than the parking lot???? holy crap......andboy was he pissed at that reporter when he got interviewed right after.........my boy gordon did alright though! this week were lookin for a win.....starting from 27th i think though
Old 04-11-2003, 02:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Nitromatt
I have the problem to get really nervous during races and start shaking, anybody know a good way to help stay more calm. the shaking doesnt really help the driving.
i have a beer before i leave to go to the track just a beer not 2 or 3 just 1
Old 04-11-2003, 03:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Nytrochaos
Could you imagine if newmans tire had flown off into a grandstand rather than the parking lot???? holy crap......andboy was he pissed at that reporter when he got interviewed right after.........my boy gordon did alright though! this week were lookin for a win.....starting from 27th i think though
yea dude, he was pissed. you cant blame him though. so far in both restrictor plate races he crashed, and HARD! I think the media needs to give the drivers at least 15minutes to half an hour cool down time. We as the fans want to know what they are thinking right away, but we need to give them a cool down period. But then again, newman didnt have to be so rude. yea, whats up with gordon? he needs to win...and is that a chick i keep seeing him with? Didn't he learn the first time? go figure.
Old 04-11-2003, 04:17 PM
Tech Adept

HAHA you'd think with the divorce he just went thru and how sketchy it was, he'd learn..........oh well, This sunday though he's gonna come back and win it.....you watch
Old 04-11-2003, 09:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

yea, with that bud pole, i hope he wins, but then again i would like to see rusty get a win sometime this year. the only person i dont want to get a win is robbie gordon. I also like kurt busch, he looks like a troll with those ears, but that boy sure can race!

i wonder how the attitude of the drivers would be if they did some R/C racin' muhahahahaha
Old 04-11-2003, 09:41 PM
Tech Regular

Last week race at Talledega have to be one of my most favorite races, seem to be pretty intense. Do you guys think Dale Jr. passed under the yeloow line was legal? I was pretty happy that Nascar didn't penalized him. Also very happy he got his fourth win at Talledega! Go Jr. !!!!!
Old 04-11-2003, 09:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

its kind of a gray area. if he didn't go below, kenseth would have smacked into him and then there may have only been 2 cars racing after the wreck. i think the rule is stupid cause no where else do they have the rule (besides daytona). but what can you do?
Old 04-11-2003, 09:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by alucard13
its kind of a gray area. if he didn't go below, kenseth would have smacked into him and then there may have only been 2 cars racing after the wreck. i think the rule is stupid cause no where else do they have the rule (besides daytona). but what can you do?
Some peoples say he already passed Kenseth and say if Nascar would through the black flag on him then there would be a riot.
Old 04-13-2003, 07:13 PM
Tech Addict

With rc racing.
I have a dead standard car, and i had to earn the money so i could buy it, now earning and saving money at eh age of 15-16 y/o is very hard.

So if i ever feel i'm gunna crash, i slam the brakes, and its pulls up so damn fast. plus it doesnt slide out if i do it in a corner, it just goes dead straight, and i'd rather meet the back of the pack, then wipe my self out.
cause in nitro, we start with field of 8, we can finish with only one car if every crashes out, so u can be the crappest driver out and just putt around, but still win cause u didnt find the wall.
Old 04-13-2003, 08:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Nitromatt
I have the problem to get really nervous during races and start shaking, anybody know a good way to help stay more calm. the shaking doesnt really help the driving.
You know what I do is whistle on the drivers stand. Not real loud just quietly to myself it really helps calm me down. I maybe 5 minutes into a race and feel myself getting nervous because we are running really close and I will start whistling.
Old 04-13-2003, 08:38 PM
Tech Regular

Eh.. Some guy was complaing today, just ignored him all worked well.
Old 04-13-2003, 08:41 PM
Tech Addict

i find that in my head i talk to my self saying, hey calm down or u gunna crash, and then i do n e way,
lol
Old 04-14-2003, 04:03 PM
Tech Regular

i had the best race on the weekend, me and this one dude were even for the whole track side by side alot of the time... we had a few collisions when we were both going for the same line, the other dude just laughed when we had a bit of contact, i ended up winning so there is some people at the track with good attitudes but not many hehe....