Wiki Posts
Search

starter box

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 05:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default starter box

hello id like to run buggy truggy at a meet and how would i use the starter box i have a thunder tiger pro works a treat but is there any way i can use both on it or do i have to get another box aswell
Old 12-20-2009, 05:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey Busta,

What I've done mate is just removed the aligning pegs and just align it by eye, I also have markings on top of the box to help me line each of them up. Now that I have the MBX6T, I have set the aligning pegs on the front and my OCM buggy will still fit as well. Its a little bit a buggering about but once you get the gist of it, its no problem and I can start either very quickly. You going mugen or Losi buggy mate??
Old 12-20-2009, 07:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mauve
Hey Busta,

What I've done mate is just removed the aligning pegs and just align it by eye, I also have markings on top of the box to help me line each of them up. Now that I have the MBX6T, I have set the aligning pegs on the front and my OCM buggy will still fit as well. Its a little bit a buggering about but once you get the gist of it, its no problem and I can start either very quickly. You going mugen or Losi buggy mate??
mugen wich i hope the same front just longer rear i suppose from the 6 to the 6t
Old 12-20-2009, 08:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrbusta
mugen wich i hope the same front just longer rear i suppose from the 6 to the 6t
Hey Shane

Dave and Ralfy use the above method as the truggy and buggy are different but you get use to it pretty quick
Old 12-20-2009, 08:24 PM
Tech Master

Dont know if the TT box you have is like the 1/10TT box I have but if the chassis sits on the top of the box instead of the plunger at back then these work great on any flat top box.

http://www.tonysscrews.com/product.s...&categoryId=75
Old 12-20-2009, 08:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

last year i ran rc8 and rc8t on a ofna truggy box. i set the pegs so there were in a position to work on both truggy and buggy then all i had to do was move the two plates wider for truggy and shorter for buggy i set the plates for truggy then i drilled the top of the starter box and installed screws with the finish washers for buggy so when i slid the plates closer the screws stop the plates at the exact spot needed. notice the screws that stop the plates when i slide them inward so at max plate width set for truggy slide to screws set to buggy. hope this helps lol
Old 12-20-2009, 11:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Team Orange SA
Hey Shane

Dave and Ralfy use the above method as the truggy and buggy are different but you get use to it pretty quick
glen is that the lrp type box there using or do they have a differnt style box as thats good to know i may have to see them and see how they manage it thanks glen
Old 12-20-2009, 11:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

For me it's just easier to have 2 boxes.
If you do take the guides off and eyeball it, make sure your pitman is comfortable with doing that as well. Can be a real pain if you have to run off the driver stand if your car's engine dies.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:42 PM
Tech Master

Default hello

Originally Posted by butch man
Dont know if the TT box you have is like the 1/10TT box I have but if the chassis sits on the top of the box instead of the plunger at back then these work great on any flat top box.

http://www.tonysscrews.com/product.s...&categoryId=75
yea thanks dude i did see that but unfortunate the
thunder tiger is the plunger but hey thanks for the help mate
Old 12-20-2009, 11:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by koreanassasom
last year i ran rc8 and rc8t on a ofna truggy box. i set the pegs so there were in a position to work on both truggy and buggy then all i had to do was move the two plates wider for truggy and shorter for buggy i set the plates for truggy then i drilled the top of the starter box and installed screws with the finish washers for buggy so when i slid the plates closer the screws stop the plates at the exact spot needed. notice the screws that stop the plates when i slide them inward so at max plate width set for truggy slide to screws set to buggy. hope this helps lol
yea awsome thanks for that but that may not be done on the tt box i may invest in that box or as glen was refering the guys i race with have a idea
Old 12-20-2009, 11:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rampokker
For me it's just easier to have 2 boxes.
If you do take the guides off and eyeball it, make sure your pitman is comfortable with doing that as well. Can be a real pain if you have to run off the driver stand if your car's engine dies.
yea dude i do hear ya thats what i was afraid of i dont want my pit man having to fark arse around i wanted to make it a breeze for him as u know wen ur in a rush to get ur arse back out who needs that issue
Old 12-21-2009, 01:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I recently pitted for someone who uses just one box for truggy and buggy, and he just eyeballs the position. Only problem was that I never even saw how he did it before the race. Half way through the race he flamed out, and believe me, when you're frantically trying to get a car started it's REALLY difficult when there's no guides to line the car up. It even took the guy who's car it was a couple of attempts to line it up properly.