How do u make a car waterproof?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How do u make a car waterproof?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 01:57 PM
Tech Regular

Also i've heard of some people taking the cases off there electronics and covering the electronics in a sticky sort of goo and then they put the case back on then balloons etc (but i've never tried it)

Chazz
Old 09-01-2004, 02:57 PM
Tech Adept

This is easy depending on where you live. If you are in the US, still have to wait longer for this.

I do not work for but I am a sponsored driver by MTroniks. MTroniks makes water proof ESC's and RX's. The US importer is:
http://www.hobbypeople.net/

Now in the US they use 75MHz for their land frequencies. MTroniks is coming out with a 75MHz water proof ESC but it has not been released yet and I do not have the time frame for it. But Hobby People do carry any of the ESC's that MTroniks currently sells.

Hope this helps some.
Old 09-01-2004, 02:58 PM
Tech Adept

Video of electrics running in the rain
http://www.team-orion.com/media/euro04tc-final2.wmv
Old 09-01-2004, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

you sure there totally waterproof. the LRP Q2 was supposed to be but heared from people there Q2 didnt work in water.
Old 09-01-2004, 03:03 PM
Tech Adept

I have videos that i still need to edit for the internet where the guy @ MTroniks is running the motor with an ESC and RX that is completely under water.

I test all their brushless products before they release them. That is why i am able to run all brushless in my cars. The ESC I have now is not water proof as it was one for testing, not production. My next brushless one from MTroniks will be completely water proof.

The ESC's the Hobby people imports into the US are ALL water proof and if they fail because of that, I don't know if you go through Hobby People or MTroniks for the warranty. But it should be covered. Have to check.

But YES completely water proof.
Old 09-02-2004, 07:54 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by studysession
This is easy depending on where you live. If you are in the US, still have to wait longer for this.

I do not work for but I am a sponsored driver by MTroniks. MTroniks makes water proof ESC's and RX's. The US importer is:
http://www.hobbypeople.net/

Now in the US they use 75MHz for their land frequencies. MTroniks is coming out with a 75MHz water proof ESC but it has not been released yet and I do not have the time frame for it. But Hobby People do carry any of the ESC's that MTroniks currently sells.

Hope this helps some.
75 MHz ESC? I think you mean receiver.

MRT is selling waterproof und dustproof ESC since 6 years. Beside this they also sell waterproof Futaba receivers. The Futabas are one of the best receivers overall and will work with most transmitters. I´m using them since about 15 years.
http://www.team-mrt.com
Old 09-02-2004, 08:11 AM
Tech Adept

Funny - Yeah I meant 75MHz RX.

A lot of companies have the water proof ESC's - MTroniks has been doing it from the beginning. They are big over here in the UK.
Old 09-03-2004, 12:01 AM
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

As people already said
Mtronics and MRT is the way to go for waterfproof solution

So far, everything else is just advertising!

Nick
Old 02-04-2005, 07:58 PM
Tech Adept

go to the hardware store and some stuff called Liquid Tape. it is in the electronics section and comes with a brush applicator. you can also dip the wires in it to coat it very well. apply it on the connectors works very well.
Old 02-04-2005, 08:05 PM
Tech Master

Stick all electronics in ballons, then glue the end with the wires coming out.
Old 02-04-2005, 08:21 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Sparx
The only way to really waterproof the car is too put it in the trunk of your car and play Xbox while it rains outside!
im guessing your trunk is waterproof. well id feel safer with it inside
Old 02-04-2005, 09:02 PM
Tech Adept

connect all the electronics and coat in liquid tape. you wont need ballons. it keeps out corrosion, waterproofs it, and protects it. you can pull the servo connecting wire from the receiver if need be and seal it back up when you re connect it. ballons trap moisture.
Old 02-04-2005, 11:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

plastic dip thats what alot of ppl use in rock crawling
Old 02-05-2005, 08:42 AM
Tech Addict

slightly off topic but when i run my car in the winter outside (never had a problem waterproofing my car just hotglue,ballons, and a innerbody on my rally.) my shocks get REAL sluggish im guessing that the oil inside is freezing up? is this bad? or is it just temporary until it warms up agian?
and would it be better to just use friction shocks in the cold?
Old 02-05-2005, 08:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

if the oil freezes up in might damage the insides when the shock gets a strong sudden impact id use the friction shocks or get some shock sox

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.