Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 06:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DirtyDog3375
I'm looking for more corner speed (especially entry speed) using the Numan setup. (rubbers on asphalt-outdoors) Any ideas??? I have tried using a one-way (diff and pulley) and have also tried a diff, but felt that I had to change my driving style too much.

Also, has anyone tried the Skoda 2 body with a different (higher downforce rear wing)??? I have yet to paint my body up and was thinking of doing so, but from what I can gather, the Skoda 2 provides plenty of steering and has very little rear downforce/grip. Is this correct???

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Leonard.
Leonard--First thing to do is lower the front roll center by 1 full shim or if thats too much steering then use 1 thick + 1 thin spacer. That will get your turn in. To get the mid corner speed up I went to the 6 deg. carriers. Try this stuff before you go changing bodies and stuff. I do like the Skoda body. But I think Mazda 6 and the Stratus 3.0 seem to have a little more turn in for me. Good Luck Man!!

Brant
Old 10-09-2005, 07:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'm looking for more corner speed (especially entry speed) using the Numan setup. (rubbers on asphalt-outdoors) Any ideas??? I have tried using a one-way (diff and pulley) and have also tried a diff, but felt that I had to change my driving style too much.

Also, has anyone tried the Skoda 2 body with a different (higher downforce rear wing)??? I have yet to paint my body up and was thinking of doing so, but from what I can gather, the Skoda 2 provides plenty of steering and has very little rear downforce/grip. Is this correct???

Leonard.
What front pulley are you running, try the overdrive pulley with the spool if you haven't already.
Old 10-09-2005, 07:36 AM
Tech Master

a buddy of mine switched over to the JRXS this weekend and turned two laps more than his FK05. He's not the best of drivers, but it seemed to really help him.
Old 10-09-2005, 08:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by POOKYT
Leonard--First thing to do is lower the front roll center by 1 full shim or if thats too much steering then use 1 thick + 1 thin spacer. That will get your turn in. To get the mid corner speed up I went to the 6 deg. carriers. Try this stuff before you go changing bodies and stuff. I do like the Skoda body. But I think Mazda 6 and the Stratus 3.0 seem to have a little more turn in for me. Good Luck Man!!

Brant
Thanks for the info Brant. Much appreciated.
Old 10-09-2005, 08:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rob Phillips
What front pulley are you running, try the overdrive pulley with the spool if you haven't already.
Thanks for your advice Rob, already have the overdrive pulley (as per the Numan setup).
Old 10-09-2005, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the info Brant. Much appreciated.
No problem man. And do what Rob said as well on the 41 tooth pulley if you have not already. The 41 on the spool is GOOD!!!!

Brant
Old 10-09-2005, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

No problem man. And do what Rob said as well on the 41 tooth pulley if you have not already. The 41 on the spool is GOOD!!!!

Brant
One thing I forgot about the lower front roll center. @ weeks ago when I first did it I forgot to also increase my droop so I didn't realize the full benefit untill I got the droop right and pulled my head out of my Butt!! LOL

Brant
Old 10-09-2005, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

At the Nats in Florida www.speedlinehobbies.com

19 Turn Qualifying complete
-----------------------------
Matt #2 in going into the AAA mains

Modified Sedan
-----------------------------
Billy #3 after 3 of 4 rounds
Matt #4 after 3 of 4 rounds
Old 10-09-2005, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Art Dude rocks!

MF and Billy will get er done in da main...hopefully....., Jim
Old 10-09-2005, 08:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rob Phillips
a buddy of mine switched over to the JRXS this weekend and turned two laps more than his FK05. He's not the best of drivers, but it seemed to really help him.
I also just made the "switch" from a FK05 ... although my fastest lap has still been set with the X-Ray, I appear to be a little more consistent with the Losi. Still playing around with the car though - only been a couple outings and I am impressed so far. Can't wait to see how the car runs in a club race.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:52 AM
Tech Rookie

Brant

Hey Brant,

With the Numan set up what shims should I be using, two of the thin ones or two of the thick ones that come with the kit???

Gareth
Old 10-09-2005, 12:03 PM
Tech Adept

Leonard.
I wouldn't bother with the Skoda body, nasty thing in my opinion. VERY loose exiting corners, stick with a proven body like the PF Mazda 6 and play with the setup, the result will be much better.
Old 10-09-2005, 12:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Floss_LUC
Hey Brant,

With the Numan set up what shims should I be using, two of the thin ones or two of the thick ones that come with the kit???

Gareth
Gareth--In the front two thick shims. On the rear 0 shims. If you need more steering and have tried shock angle adjusments and not gotten enough, then remove 1 thick shim and go to the thin one. If you still need more then run the one thick spacer. This is just my history on my car. I will try camber links and shock angles and small spring adjustments first and if I need more I then go to the roll center. Hope this helps Gareth.

Brant
Old 10-09-2005, 03:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

finally, i hear of someone(s) doing better than they did before and they didnt get the x-ray! my track is filled with the x-ray sheep, even though our store barley carries enough parts for it. besides, if the xray is so good, why did they copy off of someone else? *cough**cough*tamiya*cough**cough*
Old 10-09-2005, 04:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by geeunit1014
....*cough**cough*tamiya*cough**cough*
Hey wasn't that my line

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.