• 1 Post By Marcos.J
  • 3 Post By racer1812

Questions & Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2017, 08:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Questions & Suggestions

What is RCT about? Is it a Racers forum? a RC Enthusiasts forum? a Bashers forum? When I have a look around I see theres a bit of everything in here but the general 'feel' is it's a racers forum (my opinion).
There is no bashers subforum, no section dedicated to videos, why is this?... Where is the 'About RC Tech' button that explains what the forum is about and what type of community exists here?

I'm from Australia and am a basher at heart with very little interest/experience in racing. I'm here because all other 'RC basher' type forums are either dead or have gone offline. I feel like the 'non racing' RC community is almost completely dead so this is pretty much the last RC forum I can come to, to see some activity and perhaps pickup a bargain in the for sale section.

If this forum is open to bashers, I feel like now is the time to embrace it before we disappear altogether. Give us a new section dedicated to bashing or simply make a clear statement that bashers are welcome to post anywhere that's not clearly marked a racing subforum. Or not, if bashers aren't welcome or dont feel welcome, make it loud and clear?

Cheers
Old 11-01-2017, 09:02 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Racing has always been more dominant here. But there is a mix of users here. And threads for most vehicles. Now as for activity in these threads. Well that’s going to depend on the vehicle. Remember that 1/2 the world is heading into winter. A lot of owners shutdown during winter months.

I’m expecting this to get moved to chat lounge.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Why would it be moved to the chat lounge? I created this thread to seek answers from authoritative members and also provide some feedback...
Old 11-02-2017, 05:51 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Just seen a number of threads get moved over past few months.

I understand what you are asking. I had same feeling when I first started coming here. But over time I’ve found there are plenty of non racers here. Or those that do both. It’s just the numbers are down. It’s not just here. It’s all forums. If traffic was booming I’m sure URC would have been back up running by now.
Unfortunately Facebook is becoming the go to place. Most seem only interested in the vehicle they own. Plus the hobby overall has been in a down cycle. Most brands are jumping into the scaler market. Most of scaler post are build threads. Interesting reads, but not what the “basher” might be looking for.
Old 11-03-2017, 05:31 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

this forum is open to all rc genres, it is primarily a racer forum though...but all are welcome.
Old 11-05-2017, 06:55 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jza70r
Why would it be moved to the chat lounge? I created this thread to seek answers from authoritative members and also provide some feedback...
if is a random thread with no specific purpose then it goes in the chat lounge its that simple ,
Old 11-05-2017, 07:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
if is a random thread with no specific purpose then it goes in the chat lounge its that simple ,
Thanks Marcos but you're a bit late to the party... my question had already been answered.

Have a great day and don't forget to work on that spelling and grammar!
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 11-06-2017, 10:21 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks Marcos but you're a bit late to the party... my question had already been answered.

jy wood i sheck mi sptellinj?
Old 11-06-2017, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator

hmm insulting moderating staff?? see you in 30 days maybe ill learn how to spell by then
TIME MACHINE likes this.
Old 11-06-2017, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Rule #1 when looking for a forum to be active in, don't be a dink and insult the mod staff! Enjoy your 30 days smart guy
Marcos.J, nexxus and TIME MACHINE like this.