Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2004 IFMAR ISTC & 1/12th On Road Worlds at Full Throttle Speedway

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 01:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Well the way he was acting this weekend you would think that he was not getting the emotional support needed so I would assume he was single.
Old 11-03-2004, 02:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by rangulo

I was told that Team Xray complained that the track was to tight and difficult for European drivers so they went crying to the race director and threaten to remove the sponsorship dollars if it wasnt changed. Xray was heard and at 11pm the night before practice the layout was reconfigured to allow for the cry babies... BOOO HOOOO

Ask somebody if you dont beleive that. It was a disgrace that a sponsor of a race would try and give his team an advantage.

WOW! i'm thinking xray might need to join the oval ranks? if all they wanted to do was run WFO around the track? hmmmmmmm that is sad to read about a sponsor wanting to pull there dollars because there team drivers have no skill? sad stuff
Old 11-03-2004, 02:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by UCHEATULOSE
WOW! i'm thinking xray might need to join the oval ranks? if all they wanted to do was run WFO around the track? hmmmmmmm that is sad to read about a sponsor wanting to pull there dollars because there team drivers have no skill? sad stuff
The comment that started this was gossip, and has already been confirmed by Oscar as being so.
Old 11-03-2004, 02:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

hi barry.....

after the 1/10 200mm WC I was sure that you went to Jundiai just to be one more driver, I thought you were looking forward to the electric WC, but the place you finished was not what I expected.....

anyway i wish you the best luck for the next year......and also a little bit of humility, because you're always as much arrogant as possible when you post here.....

and this is why I'll always take a joke of you ....
Old 11-03-2004, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Default ???????

this thread is starting to turn into a joke. Full of nothing but pissers and moaners > the race is over everyone did the best they could lets stop the he said this and he said that crap JEEEEZZZZZZ!!!!!!
Old 11-03-2004, 03:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

And for my first post : Thanks to all the drivers for doing there best and for bringing the sport to a new level, well done marc you had the most consistent runs. A special thanks to all the drivers and mech’s for taking the time to bring there cars to tech early to check them and for not complaining when I ask you to change something. Another shout out to the trinity guys for those stickers and all the people that donated tires to the kids. And last but not least to all the new friends I made and to the party animals at the hotel you where all great

Thanks Gary and Linda
Old 11-03-2004, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

props to Marc R for putt'n it down...

good to see Francis make the big show too...

Barry, I was root'n for ya...

...and Hara,

...and Hodapp...

till next time...
Old 11-03-2004, 04:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Gary and Linda... thanks for not DQ'ing me all week :> You guys did a great job.
Old 11-03-2004, 04:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

I want to know when this turned into a bash Barry Baker thread?

Met Barry for the first time when he came out to our track the week before the regionals, all I can say is he is a class act. Treated my wife and myself with respect!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to all the worlds participants.......you are the best of the best.
Old 11-03-2004, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I met Barry for the first time 11 years ago at the offroad Reedy Race. Great guy. We beat the crap out of each other for 4 qualifiers and kept each other from making the main. What a blast that weekend was.
Old 11-03-2004, 05:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

So, how many X-rays made the A main?
Old 11-03-2004, 05:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Zip Zero Nada!
Old 11-03-2004, 05:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Yeah, they were pretty much all in the B main. There was some really stiff competition though...

-Korey
Old 11-03-2004, 05:55 PM
Tech Addict

This was my first time at a worlds and I really enjoied it, hopefully I can get into the next one.

In my short RC life I have been lucky enough to attend many big events and out of all of them only 1 has run flawlesly from start to finish, this worlds would be towards the top of my list for well run events.

Well done and thanks for the hospitality.

Tony Parreiro
Old 11-03-2004, 08:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Seems like a lot of whyning going on about the race orginization,always is,you just cant please everyone,but most sounded like they had fun. The answer would be to have the next WORLDS at Tamiya USA. After attending the Reedy ROC where i didnt see any delays or scoring problems.A lot of these drivers wer there and mostly smiling for three days staight ! Congrats to Marc for dominating & all the worlds top drivers for putting on a great race. Even if you didnt win you were still racing in the WORLDS. Dosnt get any better in my book.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.