Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by TPhalen
secrets ling....secrets....
Do you take bribes?
Old 03-28-2002, 12:56 PM
Tech Regular

I would, yes.

Also, as of 9:00am (my time), my Tuning Guide is up and running. Please check it out and let me know if there are any problems or discrepencies. There's a ton of info on there and, I'm sure, it's not ALL perfect....

www.competitionx.com

Go to the R/C Tuning section, then Tips from the Pros. It's soon to be changed to Tuning Guide.

Late!
Nice work on your website, lots of setup information!
We all novice drivers would certainly appreciate your hard work.

BTW, could you shed some light on what exactly is 'traction roll'?
And what you mean by 'lifting the throttle'?
Does it mean less or more throttle?
Sorry for the stupid questions.

Thank you.
Old 03-28-2002, 01:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey, I was once in your shoes....there are no stupid questions!!!!!

Traction Roll. To much traction to the point of your car flipping over. Mostly a problem on carpet, but it can happen on any high traction surface.

Lifting the throttle is a GREAT way to get steering. Think of it as if you were in a real car. You go into a corner, your car starts to push, so you 'lift' the throttle (let up on it) and your car turns better. It's the say theory in R/C. If you go into a corner and your car starts to push, you lift the throttle a little bit to gain more steering. DON'T just take your finger off the throttle. This will cause a massive weight transfer to the front and is one of the biggest reasons you spin out.

Ling: You already 'bribe' me by letting me win...
Old 03-28-2002, 03:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anybody else notice the changed diameter of the TC3 sway bars?

My 1+ year old sway bars measure significantly thicker than the sway bar set I just got.

phalen - yeah I "let" you win all the time. uh huh. right.
Old 03-28-2002, 04:00 PM
Tech Elite

Hey, you got skillz.....I've seen you drive.
Old 03-28-2002, 04:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Nice tuning guide TPhalen. I think I found a typo in the Tire section. Check 5th paragraph, end of first sentence.... "average grip and long lift. ". Should this be "long life"?

-B
Old 03-28-2002, 05:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey Tony......this probably belongs in the nitro thread, but have you run your NTC3 yet? What do you think? Will you be starting to race nitro soon or is it more for just messing around?
Old 03-28-2002, 05:55 PM
Tech Regular

Hey, I was once in your shoes....there are no stupid questions!!!!!

Traction Roll. To much traction to the point of your car flipping over. Mostly a problem on carpet, but it can happen on any high traction surface.

Lifting the throttle is a GREAT way to get steering. Think of it as if you were in a real car. You go into a corner, your car starts to push, so you 'lift' the throttle (let up on it) and your car turns better. It's the say theory in R/C. If you go into a corner and your car starts to push, you lift the throttle a little bit to gain more steering. DON'T just take your finger off the throttle. This will cause a massive weight transfer to the front and is one of the biggest reasons you spin out.

Ling: You already 'bribe' me by letting me win...
Thanks. You make it so much easier to understand.

One thing I realized is that TC3 doesn't have a clutch like real cars so it's not possible to keep engine running while braking in the corner.
So it's best using as little braking (including engine braking) as possible to simulate the real cars in the corner.

I've been using too much braking causing all sort of problems.

I now dialed down the minimum brake to just above the lightest possible and around 40% max brake.
And I still feel that braking is too powerful.
I guess it's time to learn how to drive without braking at all.
I remember somebody said that
'sometimes if you go slower you can go faster'

Old 03-28-2002, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I've got this nagging problem with my TC3. It is tweeked. My last car had the same problem, I sold it, built a new one, and I still have the same problem. Car is loose to the when turning left. Everything on the car is dead square. Shocks are all equal length, camber is identical left to right, 0deg front toe, rear toe is the same both sides, car is pefect on the tweak station. I thought that is might be off due to one side of the car being heavier than the other but I balanced it and I still have the same problem. Anyone have any ideas about what might cause this problem.
Old 03-28-2002, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

Schuie: Ya, I have one. Drove it a couple times but have yet to race it. I will a lot more after the Reedy Race.

Thanks BBSpence....checking that now....fixed!!!

Jack. Quick tip for ya. You can have the car dead nuts on a tweak station but it can still be tweaked. The trick is something called Track Tweak. Set your car up however you do before you go out to run it. Now, throw it on the track. Run a couple laps to determine handling problems. Now adjust the shocks (pre-load clips or threaded tops) to correct the tweak, just as you might if you had it on the tweak station. If you take it off the track and check it, it might be off on the station but who cares if it works good on the track. There are a few variables that can throw tweak off that you can't just fix. That's where Track Tweak came from.

Give it a try...
Old 03-28-2002, 07:42 PM
Tech Master

Well, a 2 belt X-ray wins the Roar onroad stock nats.......

the tc3 is a good car, but so much for all these people saying its dominant in stock.....

also, a tc3 driven by an expert sponsored driver was 2nd......

so much for people saying 2 belt cars are no good for stock....

actually, 2 belt cars won both sedan classes......

I guess it doesnt matter what kind of drive train a car has....

they are all equal......

sedan racing is so cool........there are at least 12 different cars that are all good....
Old 03-28-2002, 08:26 PM
Tech Addict

Tony, what you have said in your tuning guide is true for most touring cars, but this is not true for the Associated TC3. If you read the TC3 manual or tuning guide you will see adding caster makes the car have more turn in (as per my explaination in previous posts).

Last edited by ixlr8nz; 03-28-2002 at 08:31 PM.
Old 03-28-2002, 08:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

BLAZN 420 : Its nice to see Xray finally show something. They have been struggling a bit, but it looks like they have it together.
With a kit stock car no less!

You should see the fleets of TC3 cars in stock motor at foam tire races in the Midwest though. Its kinda surreal. The car does work great on foams though.
Old 03-28-2002, 09:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by ixlr8nz
Tony, what you have said in your tuning guide is true for most touring cars, but this is not true for the Associated TC3. If you read the TC3 manual or tuning guide you will see adding caster makes the car have more turn in (as per my explaination in previous posts).
I'm sure TP will reply, but according to my tuning guide from AE,
'Add more caster (4 or 6) to decrease steering entering corners and reduce steering exiting corners'
And
'Use less caster (0 or 2) if you need more steering entering corners, but more steering in the middle and exiting corners'

I think the writer was confused when writing the TC3 manual.
'cuz manual says.
'0 kickup will have a more aggressive steering feeling...'
And 'increasing caster (2 or 4) will give your car more steering entering corners but less steering exiting corners.'

Remember kickup is also a part of caster. So above statements conflict in a sense.

I think the tuning guide made it clear.
I don't know why they said 'but' when they should've said 'and' in the second statement of tuning guide.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.