Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Asphalt RC Track- how to build, treat, maintain, organize events, etc

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 12:41 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
What's the price for the Amb decoder? It doesnt seem to be posted on their website...time to take out that Visa

It's pretty hefty - I believe you are going to be looking at $2500 USD or so plus transponders and software.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:20 PM
Tech Regular

If they used the wiring as a loop before then I think that you would be safe, unless as BDT said it is in some way damaged. Then is would need to be replaced.

The AMBrc decoder is the most expensive part of the system. If you require personal transponders then you may be able to reduce your overall costs somewhat.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by majicman
If they used the wiring as a loop before then I think that you would be safe, unless as BDT said it is in some way damaged. Then is would need to be replaced.

The AMBrc decoder is the most expensive part of the system. If you require personal transponders then you may be able to reduce your overall costs somewhat.
Ok...then I'll be asking for PT's for now....in the meantime, can the AMBRC work with free lap software, or does it have to be their own software only?
Old 06-28-2007, 05:10 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Im taking care of a track that has been pretty much abandoned and would like to revive it. Right now we are mainly using for practice on Sundays, but would like to get some club racing going for 1/10 EP touring cars, 1/12 road course, and some 1/14. However, we need to get some lap timing equipment and software. What equipment will I need, and what software?
where is the track? what was it called before??
Old 06-28-2007, 05:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
where is the track? what was it called before??
The track is in Coral Springs, FL...a few years ago it was a top notch place, and lots of good racers came out of there...its a shame the directors had to leave and it was left alone for almost 2 yrs...its time to revive it
Old 06-28-2007, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I wished I was closer, I would bring my equipment over and you could use it to help create some starting funds.... Maybe some other local operations would rent the equipment to get this going for you...
Old 06-28-2007, 06:22 PM
Super Moderator

The track is in Coral Springs, FL...a few years ago it was a top notch place, and lots of good racers came out of there...its a shame the directors had to leave and it was left alone for almost 2 yrs...its time to revive it
isnt that the one that the city/county property? i thought someone said before it was trespassing if you were cought in there??

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost...52&postcount=2
Old 06-28-2007, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Talking

isnt that the one that the city/county property? i thought someone said before it was trespassing if you were cought in there??

This might help to make your track happen, you need to get in front of the city. Go on-road.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

PDF
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
JUN20.06.pdf (91.4 KB, 974 views)
Old 06-28-2007, 06:53 PM
Tech Champion

We've been using the Alycat software. It works great with AMB systems and even uses a synthesized voice to do all the race announcer work by itself. The trial version you can use for free to test with up to 10 races and the full version is about half the cost of most of the other software out there. It does take a bit of getting used to but once you do it's great.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

No. That was posted in back in January, when there as an ownership change. After that, new owners took over, and they have taken oiver the whole area and remade the off road track, which is really something! But No one took care of the on-road side. Bob Husted tried for a couple of weeks, but for health reasons couldnt continue. So we have now spoken with club management and I have been give official permission to take care of the on-road course...so its action time...by the way, Alex Lopez and the Bowsers practiced here before the Reedy race. But now its a nicer new layout, and all we need is equipment to get this rolling...
Old 06-28-2007, 08:14 PM
Tech Regular

Ok...then I'll be asking for PT's for now....in the meantime, can the AMBRC work with free lap software, or does it have to be their own software only?

Our local hobby store is trying to build a on-road program and here are some thoughts that we came up with.

1. The software we use has to be compatible with the AMBrc series decoder; most of the racers around us have personal transponders and would be expecting to be able to use them.

InspGadgt gave you a great idea for some software that has a free "lite" version that you could use if you are trying to invest as little as possible until the club can generate income to buy more equipment.

Here is the link to it: http://www.alycat.com/index.html

2. If our club needs or requires additional transponders the i-PT or the Stealth-PT (not sure on availability on this one) by MRT could be purchased by our club as an alternative to the rack type transponders. One regular AMB and we can get clones of it made cheaply compared to new AMB ones or the maintenance of the rack types.

Info on that can be found here:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=117075&highlight=i-PT

and the club app for them can be found here:
http://www.team-mrt.com/pdf/rclaps/clubapp.pdf

For us we already have a AMBrc decoder, and that makes some of the decision making easy for use, but it really comes down to the level of pain that we want to experience as racers and track workers. We believe that if we can create a positive experience that the Novices to Pro's alike enjoy that they are likely going to come back and try us again.

Have you given any thought as to the overall race experience is going to happen? This is the point that we are at now. How do we create a positive "race experience"? Everyone has their own idea on how it can/should be done, and we know already that we can't please everyone all the time. But we can work hard to provide a consistent environment that is not so rules laden that you feel like you’re at church; and not so loose that everyone is all over the place with their equipment.

Good Luck in your endeavor.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:17 PM
Super Moderator

No. That was posted in back in January, when there as an ownership change. After that, new owners took over, and they have taken oiver the whole area and remade the off road track, which is really something! But No one took care of the on-road side. Bob Husted tried for a couple of weeks, but for health reasons couldnt continue. So we have now spoken with club management and I have been give official permission to take care of the on-road course...so its action time...by the way, Alex Lopez and the Bowsers practiced here before the Reedy race. But now its a nicer new layout, and all we need is equipment to get this rolling...
sounds good , i just didnt want you to get arrested
Old 06-29-2007, 06:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

You got it buddy.. I have a cart, and just got the bottle to spray. But it doesnt have the pump...hmmm, I'll have to keep looking to see where they have something like this...do you have any pics of the finished cart?
This is not the finished cart, I have since added a Mesh Wall Cart to pull the sprayer with. The sprayer is a Fimco Economy Spot Sprayer, model# LC-15-EC, with the custom boom mount w/ six tips.
Attached Thumbnails Asphalt RC Track- how to build, treat, maintain, organize events, etc-traction-001.jpg   Asphalt RC Track- how to build, treat, maintain, organize events, etc-traction-002.jpg   Asphalt RC Track- how to build, treat, maintain, organize events, etc-traction-003.jpg  
Old 06-29-2007, 09:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

I know the place very well. Very nice track with a lot of potential. I'm so glad your taking it over Yohan. My Mom lives in the Ft. Lauderdale area about a mile and a half from the track.

Good luck in your final preparations.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.