Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cool Can Fan Talk

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 04:41 AM
Tech Regular

Unfortunately i didn't malc, was let down by a mate who said he would come down and do it for us cos i couldn't get down to meet him in the week to pick up the cam. Got loads of time before rnd 3 so will defo have either a camera man or just a camera and i'll do the recording
Old 11-06-2006, 04:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TheCoolCanFanMan
Still Rob still came through to win.
Cheers Malc TCCFM
in style i have to say, good on you rob
Old 11-06-2006, 04:56 AM
Tech Regular

TBH the problem with the heats didnt effect me and Chris Delves too much because everyone in our heat was very good at letting us past (although i don't think Chris can say the same thing for the rest of the A finalists )

Oh and i don't think there's any way you can compete with an 18 year old blond, sorry Malc i just dont swing that way mate.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:58 AM
Tech Initiate

malc, i don't think any amount of hair dye would have helped, sex change might be a start, but even then.......

wasn't sure how the heats were organised but rob and i both tq'd from not the top heat, we got 2nd last time out from bottom heats so i dont think its too much of an issue. just makes you drive better!!
Old 11-06-2006, 05:11 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TheCoolCanFanMan
Hi Steve (The Rain Man)
Thanks for your steelring work on the HERTFORD/RR site it much apprecited. Its great that you got that box browney to work this time cant wait to see my reaction when Dave Saul told me I was pole in the B, final and you captured the moment you swine

Think Adam's girl friend was taking pics on the day? maybe if we were to ask nicely she would oblige us with a few, even if there are just of the Wide Mouth's Frogs car

Boosta did you take any video? as I seem to recall you saying something abouit that, but don't remember seeing you doing it?
Cheers Malc

Hi Rich C,
Yea was a good battle with you mate, but was struggling with my car all day . At one point Dave Saul said that my car seemed to be driving at the front wheels only, but did not know really what he meant, but it became apparent in the second leg of the B, final when I had rebuilt my rear diff as it felt blown, that it unwound itself some how after 2 laps, so that is why Rich my car was slow all bloody day that's not taking it away from you beating me as its down to me to maintain my car, so its my fault. I laso applaude you for stopping when you tail tapped me and let me go only to overtake me down the straight Well done Rich.
It was good of Ricky Copsey to come to play as he did back in July for our public mini meeting, thanks Ricky, and well done for winninig the B, you must have had a bad day to be there mate.
Cheers Malc TCCFM

I can't talk for Ricky but I think he had a good day regardless of the final result. I'm sure he will take the time to thank you himself. The lap times in the finals provided the performance advantage he had over the rest of us with 12.7's compared to my 13.1's . For him the biggest set-up change he made was with the body shell, from vectra to stratus 3.

I was well pleased with the 007, again not satisfy with my finals result but it was its first meeting in anger. I worked on the set-up all day with
Richard Bettaney who was also run the T2'007 for the first time.

Boosta: How unlucky can a guy be. During qualifing you must have had the worst luck. Better luck next time dud.
Can you drop a round?

Robfo: Very impressive mate. Your car looked smooth and stable all day.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by part-time racer
Boosta: How unlucky can a guy be. During qualifing you must have had the worst luck. Better luck next time dud.
Can you drop a round?
yeah quali was a mare for sure Rich, ended up thinking sod it just try some stuff with the car use it as a testing session and see what happens and as it turned out the car felt awesome for the last final was 1.something of a 22 lapper with traffic and a few moments and took the win!! so ended up with a big grin on my face roll on rnd 3
Old 11-06-2006, 05:39 AM
Tech Regular

nice one. there was nothing wrong with the speed of your car, looked fast all day.
Had you on my tail in qualifing for 2 or 3 laps until you got collected by a back marker.

I think the ability rating for some drivers needs to be reviewed. I know it cost me a potentially better finals result.

Not sure if I will be able to attend anymore meetings as the wife has stamped her feet about me racing too much over the winter, hence the name "Part-time Racer".
Old 11-06-2006, 05:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

I sent over a Email to [email protected] 10/17/06 I still havent recieved a reply. Please contact me at [email protected].

Thanks
Old 11-06-2006, 05:45 AM
Tech Regular

nice one. there was nothing wrong with the speed of your car, looked fast all day.
Had you on my tail in qualifing for 2 or 3 laps until you got collected by a back marker.

I think the ability rating for some drivers needs to be reviewed. I know it cost me a potentially better finals result.

Not sure if I will be able to attend anymore meetings as the wife has stamped her feet about me racing too much over the winter, hence the name "Part-time Racer".
yeah the horse's where good thanks to EA, really liking the atlas. I think the ability thing was partly my fault i was a bit modest when i first booked in (live and learn as they say!). Is that just friday night meetings or sundays as well would be a shame to lose a good driver like yourself?
Old 11-06-2006, 07:23 AM
Tech Regular

"I think the ability thing was partly my fault i was a bit modest when i first booked in (live and learn as they say!). "

Boosta: That was not aimed at you mate, if anything you also had a raw deal. Maybe as the series moves on the heats will sort themselves out?

As far as my racing goes, it looks like both the Friday club meets and Rug Racers. I may get one more round in at the end of the series but the next few meetings are out
Old 11-06-2006, 08:08 AM
Tech Regular

"I think the ability thing was partly my fault i was a bit modest when i first booked in (live and learn as they say!). "

Boosta: That was not aimed at you mate, if anything you also had a raw deal. Maybe as the series moves on the heats will sort themselves out?

no worries fella didn't think it was !! totally agree with what you where saying just thought that i should have rated myself a bit higher, the stupid thing was that my mate i've raced with for years (that has more or less the same pace as me) has run the last two events and when he asked me what he should put as his ability i told him to put 10 out of 15, when i had previously done mine i put 7 DOH! so was my fault and the computers really.

As far as my racing goes, it looks like both the Friday club meets and Rug Racers. I may get one more round in at the end of the series but the next few meetings are out
that's a shame mate see you at the wars
Old 11-06-2006, 08:10 AM
Tech Regular

gotta say fella i much prefered your old avatar!!!
Old 11-06-2006, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by speedzonerc.com
I sent over a Email to [email protected] 10/17/06 I still havent recieved a reply. Please contact me at [email protected].

Thanks
Hi There ?
I am very sorry if I did not reply to your email, as I do not recall seeing one from you
Please ask away
Cheers Malc
Old 11-06-2006, 12:46 PM
Tech Master

Hi Rich
You will have to tell us where you live so we can send round the lads Can't have you NOT turning up for more tail taps still next time I will make sure my diff don't fall apart eh then you won't catch me to tail tap
Apparenly I missed the A, final by 1.4 seconds and My car was really poor onthe day.

The ability ruling will be scrutinised this time round to make it fairer for all, but there will always someone that will say that's not fair, but as they say 'You can please some of the peeps some of the time, but not all the peeps all of the time'
Well Im just about to tear it down to see what the prob is

Cheers Malc TCCFM
Old 11-06-2006, 01:06 PM
Tech Regular

Default Tail Taps

Malc: The irony with that tail tap was it aloud Richard Bettaney through to take second place. But how many times has that happened in a race and the person that tapped you carried on and didn't stop. There is nothing more frustrating.
I had a look at your times and they where about 1.5 seconds off per lap in that second final.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.