Search

This is ridiculous... please help us

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Unhappy Hope this helps..........

Ladies & Gentlemen, Salutations;

Pardon the interuption, however I would like to voice a complaint concerning one of your chain stores in Memphis TN. As a retired Army soldier and a concerned father, I find it comforting that my son have a hobby that he can enjoy without the undue peer pressure his generation provides. Unfortunately, your store in Memphis does not share in my nor other concerned parents. Recently, The store have requested the local hobby store to relocate their outdoor activity, which was located in an overflow and very often vacant parking lot. I don't know why they asked or how the events took place, but the Relators, Trezvant Reality, stated that your chain store has certain restrictions contained in their operation and easment agreement by their corporation. I am quite sure that you will also have a copy of this agreement. What this particular store is doing clearly violates your Code of Business, Conducts and Ethics.

http://www.havertys.com/web/htmldocs...hicsheader.jpg

It was also bought to my attention that the other business were pleased to see such organized events for young children and young adults, and that it also generated more revenue for their stores. But as a concerned father, I would like to see my son enjoy a hobby that promotes ingenuity, and a sense of healthy competition among other peers his age. How is this supposed to happen when managers of your store force another store to relocate their outdoor facility and then falsify information that they have customer complaints and then fail to produce them? I really do not believe that this is within your "Code of Business, Conducts and Ethics". Please confirm that it is not.
I am availlible if you have questions regarding the matter. You can reach me at [email protected].

Thank you for taking the time to read my letter, and your timely response.

Rodney E. Jacobs
SFC. United States Army (ret.)
Good luck with your endevors........
Old 08-27-2004, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Thanks Rodney, that is quite the intelligent email. Your writing skills are off the chain!!
Old 08-27-2004, 09:41 PM
Tech Regular

Has the club president or the Hobbystore owner called the reality company?

It seems if you had enough signatures (like a petition) from not only racers but other stores in the area that like the business you bring in! and a tax free I.D. # (easy to acquire and doesn't cost much) something better can be worked out with the property owners. Infact they can most likely write if off as a tax break for letting a non profit org use thier land. Also I would get the news involved.............Best thing is sit down with about 5-10 people and have a pow-wow about how to approach, what to say, who should be the mouth piece etc..........Invite the news to one of the races or local radio station.

Just my thoughts..........

Oh......and Jason, I live out in Vegas now so come visit for some HOT racing!
Old 08-27-2004, 11:39 PM
Tech Adept

I live in memphis and the news came out and did a shoot at the tcs race in july. I just wonder if we can get them into this also.
Old 08-28-2004, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I'm working on that Andy. Good idea

Pea- yea the hobby shop owner has talked to the realty managers extensively. Hobby Town has it in their contract that they must provide us a place to race- which is why they put us in the back of the strip mall now, otherwise we would be S.O.L.. The bottom line is that we were fine and we were'nt bothering anyone where we were. I don't see why they didn't just tell us not to let anyone use the restroom at Haverty's and tell Haverty's to get some proof of their complaints- I mean, what are they gonna do, get mad and file bankruptcy? It's not like they are making enough money to leave.
Old 08-28-2004, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

message sent Jason
Old 08-28-2004, 09:55 AM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

To whom it concerns,

It has come to my attention that your establishment has asked the MSRA (Mid-South Racing Association) to move their remote control car track to a new location away from your store because you feel it is adversely affecting your store.

I am not writing to you because I race there, or because I shop at your store. Unfortunately I am not in the Memphis area, but I am writing to you because of the strength in the RC community. I am sure with your current actions, you are un-aware of the strength of our community, our friendships, and our desire for completion. RC cars, which are often seen as nothing other than expensive toys to some, are a life, a hobby, or a way of living for others. Our hobby brings together families, friends, strangers – every one of all sizes and colors for one purpose, to have fun and see if we can bring home nothing more than a bowling trophy, and a handful of bragging rights.

I am sure there must be some way that this situation between your establishment and the MSRA can be resolved. I just ask that you re-consider your actions, and welcome you to join our community, our family. You may be surprised at how much you may enjoy racing our “toy cars” in front of your store.

-Troy Shear
[email protected]
Old 08-28-2004, 01:23 PM
Tech Addict

Wink Haverty's POC

I'm in.

Anyone have an e-mail address I can use as a specific Point-of-Contact?

I'm not racin', so I might as well do something constructive!

I'll be sure to use spell chicks too! May even break out the trusty pictionary

Ok, seriously, I noticed they have 20+ Texas stores I'll make sure they realize that my family and anyone I have influence over would think twice before walking in to any of them.

If we need furniture, we have a "for sale"/"want to buy" forum!

^5
Tom G

Last edited by Tom G; 08-28-2004 at 01:38 PM.
Old 08-28-2004, 10:24 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ok guys after a little bit of research here is the email of the owner of Trezevant realty in Memphis TN.

John H. Trezevant
[email protected]

email this guy and ask him why the club has to move from an overflow/and honestly a derelict area of the parking lot to an angled water drain area behind all the buildings?
Old 08-29-2004, 03:37 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks for the research.

It wouldn't hurt e-mailing both companies.

^5
Old 08-29-2004, 09:00 AM
Tech Adept

Default They have mail!

BigDogRacing -- they have mail.

May I also suggest that you get the local newspaper, television station and radio stations involved as well.

The local BMX club in my local area had a very effective PR campaign against a local town government and forced them to reopen the track after enough pressure from the public was made.

They are also a publicly traded company. One share buys you entry into a shareholders meeting. Companies hate when that happens.

Since this is an election year, you may also want to get any local officials who are up for re-election a call. You can inform them that racers vote or have parents that vote. These kill for the PR.

Also, in the vein of "more flys with honey" you could spin a co-promotion for a sales event that could benefit the club and the store. A letter to HobbyTown Corporation may also help again in a co-promotion type of thing.

Good Luck!
Old 08-29-2004, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Default Haverty's Response

All you racers out there that have been so kind to complain to Haverty's concerning the MSRA races in Memphis, thanks. If Haverty's tells you it is Trezevant Realty that is forcing MSRA to move that is correct, but the reason Trezevant wants to shut down the races is because Dave Carraway and his supervisor threatened to sue Trezevant if the races were not stopped. So, don't let Haverty's try to pass the buck, they are the bad guys here. Again, thanks for your support.
Old 08-29-2004, 07:48 PM
Tech Master

BTW that was Mike Graff, owner of Hobbytown USA in Memphis.
Old 08-29-2004, 10:40 PM
Tech Elite

O.K. boys! I just had a thought after reading this thread. First, thanks to all of you guys out there( world wide) for your time and help in this matter. I personally drive 1.5 hrs to race in Memphis from Arkansas for 2 reasons! #1 This club functions in a manner that first drew me into RC. Like entire families spending the day racing together and all the vets helping out all the newbies. Great track and drivers stand plus well organized racing help them promote this hobby I have loved for the past 14 yrs. #2 This is the best competition and sportsmanship with in 4 hrs of drive time for me.
NOW--Lets take this problem to an offensive position and not the defensive.
We first should go to our biggest supporters( Hobby Town, IHOP) and thank them for all they have done for us. Second, let them know of our problem and ask to use them as a reference as we visit the other area retailers and restaurants. If we pull all of the other tennants in on our side for support, then we become a much bigger problem for Havertys to deal with. This will also help us with the property owners if they realize only one other tennant has some problem with our club. Just a brain fart here but it may be a good thing to try. I'm in sales so I have no problem talking to the other stores if you guys want me to help. Just let me know.

P.S. I beat BigDog today fair and square! LOL
Sorry just had to get that out of my system ya know

Brant
Old 08-29-2004, 11:07 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Big Dog--

Couldn't sleep so I was bumming around the MSRA site and saw a bunch of pics in your gallery--may and june pics, i think with all the kids and families watching (kids sitting right at the edge of the track, etc) Might now be bad propaganda to send to their corporate offices, make a bunch of CD's with pics on it and send them over there...might give more perspective to someone that has never seen RC Racing than just us grown men emailing them telling them how cool we are

Just a thought...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.