Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stagger2

Sorry dont know how to use quotes.
Now you do.
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC5-quote.jpg  
Old 07-14-2006, 05:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I saw that after I submitted. I'm stupid.

Chad O
Old 07-14-2006, 05:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Well I for one think the "transition phases" comment is crap. The sale to Thunder Tiger is so yesterdays news, if anything withe pull that Thunder Tiger has the car might be out quicker then we think JMO.

If you think of the cars that are on the "to do list" I am sure the new TC is at the top of the list. The B4/T4 are still winning major events and club races on a weekley bassis 7 out 10 cars from last years Worlds were AE. The GT2 is coming out, 12L4 still rockin The RTR and MGT are doing well. So besides an 1/8th scale what else is on the list?????

The 4wd off road electric class is making a come back and maybe AE will jump in??? until then they are in full support of the BJ4 WE from JConcepts (side note the best 4wd out there)

I have been on Kyosho thread, there is a ton of good information/pictures but some of us are keeping this thread going and checking daily for the word from AE that the car will be coming out and they have release date.

Thanks
Kevin Boyle
Old 07-14-2006, 06:23 AM
Tech Adept

Cool old timers?

If any of you guys were racing wayyy back when, You'll remeber that Associated once won the 2wd offroad worlds with Masami driving a car that never hit production as raced. Designs from that car showed up years later but that car never was produced in it's entirety.They have not gotten to where they are now by accident.

Also as a side note, They are very shrewd business people also. Knowing that the announcement of a supposed superior(?) belt drive car could kill all their touring car sales, They have put the factory team TC4 on sale on their website for $299.99 direct to the public. The listing even states that the car is geared to or better suited for stock and 19t racing. Now I ask, Are they dumping them or just trying to generate sales? You decide.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Well said David
Old 07-14-2006, 08:25 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
Secondly, you guys are expecting a belted tourer from a company that still hasn't been able to put out a 4wheel offroader after so many years? Sure they have plenty of 1/18 mini 4WD mini-offroaders so why couldn't they have made 1/10 version?
that's an easy one... the market for 1/10th scale 4wd buggy is very small. the market for 1/18th scale bashers is huge. racers make up a very small percentage of the rc market, and racers are pretty much the only people crazy enough to buy a car that a) costs more to buy, b) requires more maintenance, c) costs more to maintain, d) costs more in regards to batteries and motors.

i raced 4whl mod for many years and trust me, it is more expensive than 2whl stock in every way.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RussB
that's an easy one... the market for 1/10th scale 4wd buggy is very small. the market for 1/18th scale bashers is huge. racers make up a very small percentage of the rc market, and racers are pretty much the only people crazy enough to buy a car that a) costs more to buy, b) requires more maintenance, c) costs more to maintain, d) costs more in regards to batteries and motors.

i raced 4whl mod for many years and trust me, it is more expensive than 2whl stock in every way.
Since you aren't working anyway and just posting messages on the boards ...get your a$$ over to the track to practice fool!!
Old 07-14-2006, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RussB

i wonder how big the market would be if we had a choice between manufactureres as to what car to buy other than a losi or some fantastically expensive import? would nascar be popular if it were only fords or only chevys? i've always said 4wd would take off if hpi (because of their price point) or associated (because of their popularity) made a car...
Old 07-14-2006, 08:50 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by HarshGuy
Since you aren't working anyway and just posting messages on the boards ...get your a$$ over to the track to practice fool!!
i'm waiting for my floor contractor to show up and fix their mistakes. then ii'm off to work.
Old 07-25-2006, 02:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Hello everybody,

what wrong here...no NEWS???

Greetings
Marcel
Old 07-25-2006, 09:12 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by BlueSilver
Hello everybody,

what wrong here...no NEWS???

Greetings
Marcel
Well im not totally sure but I think the only news which has been confirmed is that there IS a new car in development,but as photos are very limited as is information,until ae decide to release more.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I saw the car recently just last Saturday. There was no secret about it. It was wide open for everyone to see. At first glance it looked like a T2.
(Same motor/ diff layout; same style alum. bulkhead for easy maintenance)

I don't think there will be much parts carried over from the TC4 if any. As to whether the new parts are backwards compatible to the TC4, you guys can speculate on that.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Drew_Cat
does anyone know which belt car that can accept the Orion lipo without any modifications ?
Drew, planning to run LiPo's this year????
Old 07-25-2006, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

anyone know when this new AE belt car is supposed to be released? or perhaps a rumor when it will be available?

just want to get an idea when i need to unload the T2...

Last edited by Apex; 07-25-2006 at 12:38 PM.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Might as well get a T2R.

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
I saw the car recently just last Saturday. There was no secret about it. It was wide open for everyone to see. At first glance it looked like a T2.
(Same motor/ diff layout; same style alum. bulkhead for easy maintenance)

I don't think there will be much parts carried over from the TC4 if any. As to whether the new parts are backwards compatible to the TC4, you guys can speculate on that.
Just my 2 cents.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.