Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 09:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Where can you purchase the new 20degree sensor boards for the V3 motors? I am unable to find them to purchase anywhere from a reputable seller in the USA or Australasia zones
Old 05-31-2011, 07:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by heavy
Anyone ?
Please check PM
Old 05-31-2011, 07:49 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by B4james
Where can you purchase the new 20degree sensor boards for the V3 motors? I am unable to find them to purchase anywhere from a reputable seller in the USA or Australasia zones
USA direct sale only ships to US address customer...

Try the INTERNATIONAL site of Speed Passion

http://www.speedpassion.net/en/produ...SP000029&c=OPT
Old 05-31-2011, 07:50 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by gdcopbdcop
CONGRATULATIONS! A big shout out for jeff hastings! he won the 17.5 ramping (boosted) class at the Reedy Race of Champions today with his Speed Passion V-3 motor. Good Job!
Awesome...good to know.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:11 AM
Tech Champion

Thanks to PHIL (sidecarphil1 from Netherland) setup on 323stock with 6.5 motor...I have his setup posted on our web since we are having MOD racing for summer, I bet the 6.5 with boost will be fun....I might use my non boost 4.0T and do some comparison...

http://www.speedpassion.net/uploadfi...C%20RcTech.jpg
Old 05-31-2011, 10:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

So this is what happens when you race 2 cars on a weekend and rush too much connecting the battery. Definitely no fault of speed passion as it was my idiotic mistake.

I must have forgotten the car on, connected the battery the wrong way and the damage was done. 2 seconds later smoke poured out of the esc. Lucky a fire didn't start and I was able to disconnect the battery. Though my friend put the temp gun on the esc and it read 250degrees celsius. I pulled the esc off the car then, concerned it may damage the chassis with excessive heat. I'm hoping the motor and battery are ok (no puffing on the battery 2 days later).

So just be careful when connecting your battery regardless what esc you use!
Old 05-31-2011, 10:57 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by J-PaP
So this is what happens when you race 2 cars on a weekend and rush too much connecting the battery. Definitely no fault of speed passion as it was my idiotic mistake.

I must have forgotten the car on, connected the battery the wrong way and the damage was done. 2 seconds later smoke poured out of the esc. Lucky a fire didn't start and I was able to disconnect the battery. Though my friend put the temp gun on the esc and it read 250degrees celsius. I pulled the esc off the car then, concerned it may damage the chassis with excessive heat. I'm hoping the motor and battery are ok (no puffing on the battery 2 days later).

So just be careful when connecting your battery regardless what esc you use!
I am glad that you are OK....yes, be safe everyone, and thats why I will no longer do "triple crown" anymore...

This is something similar...charging lipo in NIMH 10Amps setting for 30 minutes while he was racing his 2nd class...

Old 05-31-2011, 07:44 PM
Tech Initiate

@solara....

I heard that speed passion will release brushless motor with "MMM" code or initial....any idea ?....thanks...
Old 06-01-2011, 07:01 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bijono
@solara....

I heard that speed passion will release brushless motor with "MMM" code or initial....any idea ?....thanks...
True...MMM is the new name of the motor. Early JULY release. Faster and better then the current V3 model. We are in the process of having them ROAR approved now.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Speed Passion combo in 10.5

Guys,

Need some help, switched to Speed Passion stock 2.1 and v3 10.5 over the weekend. Ran it for the first time in the UK on a large track, started with the latest team set up on the latest software, FDR of around 6.8.

It wasn't anywhere near as quick as the GM combo, didn't have the punch or top end, moved things around to try and get it there, but didn't seem to make much difference. I didnt really move the gearing around that much as i presumed that this combo likes a high ratio.

Anyone running in the UK up against the very quick GM's and other speedos that can show me how to make this combo work. I switched back to my GM combo and took over .75 sec a lap off the lap time..

Any help would be appreciated as i want to stick with SP.

Cheers

Jon
Old 06-01-2011, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by socialjon
Guys,

Need some help, switched to Speed Passion stock 2.1 and v3 10.5 over the weekend. Ran it for the first time in the UK on a large track, started with the latest team set up on the latest software, FDR of around 6.8.

It wasn't anywhere near as quick as the GM combo, didn't have the punch or top end, moved things around to try and get it there, but didn't seem to make much difference. I didnt really move the gearing around that much as i presumed that this combo likes a high ratio.

Anyone running in the UK up against the very quick GM's and other speedos that can show me how to make this combo work. I switched back to my GM combo and took over .75 sec a lap off the lap time..

Cheers

Jon
What is the actual size of the track? Looking at the website settings, I would think they are too aggressive (too much timing to fast) making the motor seem sluggish on bigger tracks.

It took a day of racing to get my 17.5 settings working well, so there is some tinkering required but the reward was worth it .

Jimmy
Old 06-01-2011, 09:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

After some help on settings as well actually.

Now on my track I was initally running a 4.2 fdr (running in 21.5 boosted). Car was good in the midfield. Lacked top speed though.

For the last race meet I changed to a ratio of 5.0 since others have been running 5.2 with the same motor/esc combo but I also updated the software on the sp gt2.1 so my old settings in the end were useless. Now before I blew the esc up (see earlier in the page) I was finding the car had killer top speed but I was getting killed in the midfield.

No matter what I tried though settings wise I couldn't get the acceleration I wanted. The other guys were still running the previous software on the gt2.1.

Anybody have any advice? what settings should I play with to get more acceleration? Anybody else find the software update lacks the punch the old one had?
Old 06-01-2011, 10:10 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by g12314
What is the actual size of the track? Looking at the website settings, I would think they are too aggressive (too much timing to fast) making the motor seem sluggish on bigger tracks.

It took a day of racing to get my 17.5 settings working well, so there is some tinkering required but the reward was worth it .

Jimmy
Its at costwold.. which is a large track, the back straight must be around 60 metres, it is a straight, hairpin, straight, hairpin, straight track.. around 17 second lap time..

Any starting point would be great.. I would also think the gearing is off for something of that size..
Old 06-01-2011, 10:43 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by socialjon
Guys,

Cheers

Jon
Have you try this setting...? Last year with old software, we were at high 6 and low 7 gearing with 10.5.

http://www.speedpassion.net/uploadfi...Howard%20L.jpg

Last edited by Solara; 06-01-2011 at 11:24 AM.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:52 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by J-PaP
After some help on settings as well actually.

Now on my track I was initally running a 4.2 fdr (running in 21.5 boosted). Car was good in the midfield. Lacked top speed though.

For the last race meet I changed to a ratio of 5.0 since others have been running 5.2 with the same motor/esc combo but I also updated the software on the sp gt2.1 so my old settings in the end were useless. Now before I blew the esc up (see earlier in the page) I was finding the car had killer top speed but I was getting killed in the midfield.

No matter what I tried though settings wise I couldn't get the acceleration I wanted. The other guys were still running the previous software on the gt2.1.

Anybody have any advice? what settings should I play with to get more acceleration? Anybody else find the software update lacks the punch the old one had?
4.2 on 21.5 with boost is insane....you will never see the punch or low-end of this setting. It sounds like a NO TIMING setup for me...

See below JIMMY setup for 17.5...you need to gear up more for 21.5, I would guess mid 6 to high 6....check temp. max 10° timing on motor...may be silver purple rotor. We have about 7 drivers using his setup (after his testing) on the main and all running fast lap times afterall.

http://www.speedpassion.net/uploadfi...Harbor_JAS.pdf

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.