Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30 >

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Old 01-03-2018, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JeffofSpace
Awesome night at the hangar, y’all! Thanks for taking care of my kids...I’ll be dropping them off at your house tomorrow.

Also, will the club be ordering more spec 12th tires?
We have more spec 1/12th tires.

Enough for the rest of the season, I think? Let's burn through them!

Old 01-03-2018, 07:59 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
We have more spec 1/12th tires.

Enough for the rest of the season, I think? Let's burn through them!

Right on, right on!
Old 01-08-2018, 02:08 PM
Tech Adept

IS IT WEDNESDAY YET?!?!?!?!?!

It feels WAY longer than 2 weeks have passed!
Old 01-08-2018, 03:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Let's bring out the F1s on Wednesday and have some fun with them!
Old 01-08-2018, 05:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Nortran11
IS IT WEDNESDAY YET?!?!?!?!?!

It feels WAY longer than 2 weeks have passed!
I'm all 'bout the Wednesday life. It's race week!
Old 01-09-2018, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Default Six-Minute Races

With half the season in the bag, the comp committee has reviewed the program and the nightly schedule, and we have decided to go back to six-minute races for Touring, Scale Spec, F1, and Novice classes.

We can keep the two quals and a main schedule and still get the lights turned out at both venues. This should also leave us with a little time between rounds.

What we will NOT do is add a third qual. In my capacity as both Saturday night race director and club president, I want to give our racers the maximum value for their dollar and time. I've succumbed to temptation and added that third qual on occasion, which pretty much erases any time between rounds and pushes us right to the edge and beyond on the overall time. The comp committee has administered the appropriate beatdown and illuminated for me the error in my thinking.

So, again, effective immediately and going forward: six-minute quals and mains, time between rounds, and keep the nightly schedule. Check, check, and check.

KR145, Dave Hawley and JoshuaRC10 like this.
Old 01-13-2018, 01:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Hangar 30, Round 8 Results

Sorry for the delay in posting the race report, and a big Thank you to Loctite, er, Jesse for another kick-ass write-up.

Well, in case you haven't figured it out yet, it's officially 2018 folks. With the holiday hangover finally worn off and the club's excellent results from Victoria still fresh, we settled in to our friendly confines of Hangar 30 for the first club race of the new year. 27 entries made for a light and easy night with more than enough competition to go around. Despite the smaller size of the Hangar track, the racing it produces is second to none. Tight lanes make for good door-to-door battles throughout all classes. Still the best bang for your buck on a rainy Wednesday night. On to the results!

Novice:
The Hangar has produced solid Novice fields all season long, which is such a cool thing to see. That, coupled with the club setting aside a block of time during practice for the entry-level class to turn laps, has made racing more accessible than ever before. With points leader Paul Nortness departing the class for a stab at Scale Spec, it would be Ken Christiansen taking the TQ and then capping it off with a solid A-Main win. The ageless wonder Gary Bennett would take second, with Dalton Beckworth taking the final podium spot.

Scale Spec:
Kody Knudtson made an ultra-rare start in the scale spec class, and certainly didn't disappoint. Driving Franko's personal rent-a-wreck, Panda would put the hurt on the field all night on his way to an easy TQ and A-Main win. Mark Brown made his 2018 H30 debut and would qualify third and drive to a hard-fought second place in the Main. The club's forcefully-appointed race mechanic Mike Boyle would round out the podium and take third on the night. One quick note: Paul Nortness made the leap out of novice to the much more competitive scale spec class, and while he will undoubtedly find the learning curve a bit steep at times, its great to see the progression from the first round in September to now. Keep it up!

Stock Touring:
Stock Touring keeps bringing the goods on Wednesday nights, no matter who seems to show up. Travis Schreven and Stuart Mason would wage a war on the TQ spot over the two qualifiers, with "Mini" squeaking past Peeler by a mere 6 hundredths of a second. The Main looked to be a close one, but after a couple bobbles by Stuart, "Peeler" dropped the hammer and sprinted away with the win. Jake would ride his P3 start to a second place with Mini Mason rounding out the podium. Writer's note: I did my best "exploding car" impression after tapping the outside wall on the main straight. Safe to say the wall won, as it has all season. Learning curves can be a bitch sometimes.....

Stock 12th:
The Stock 12th class has been at the mercy of Stuart for some time now, and Wednesday night was confirmation: The rest of the field is on notice. While Todd and Brian would battle back and forth for P2 on the grid, it would be a Mason front-row lockout for the first time this season. The Main was much closer, with both Brian and Todd keeping "Mini" honest for the majority of the race. Try as they might though, Stuart would eventually take another solid victory, with Brian pipping Todd at the line for second. While the win would go to the youngster, by night's end the elders showed signs of creeping back within striking distance. The next few rounds should be fun to watch.

Another damn-fine night in the books, along with the return of 6-minute races to the program. While I quite liked the 5-minute length we'd been using, the extra minute of track time was a welcome change, as was the extra wrench time. Of course, anyone who's followed my escapades this season, knows I need all the time in between heats I can get. Judging by the "Loctite" shirt I received, my reputation has been well-recognized.

We're back this Saturday the 13th for the first Community Center race of 2013. Come on out and get your laps in, only just over two months left until the Emerald City Classic!
Results attached.
-JRoy

Results are posted below.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Round 1.pdf (802.1 KB, 54 views)
Round 2.pdf (806.5 KB, 45 views)
Mains.pdf (526.6 KB, 70 views)
Nortran11 likes this.
Old 01-14-2018, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Seattle RC Racers Club Race Videos from 1-13-2018

Seattle RC Racers Club Race Videos from 1-13-2018

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...dXmeauElDoKaM7

Cheers,

Jake
KR145 and REECE. like this.
Old 01-14-2018, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

thanks for the battle last night Jake. That was a lot of fun !
REECE. likes this.
Old 01-14-2018, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeff jenkins
thanks for the battle last night Jake. That was a lot of fun !
Ditto, we always seem to mix it up somehow ! Always fun. Thank you
jeff jenkins likes this.
Old 01-14-2018, 09:51 PM
Tech Elite

Default 13Jan2018 Race Report

The years have stacked up, and I've had a hand in many track layouts. The good ones fall on a spectrum which ends are “tight and technical” and “open and flowing.” Right now, the club is in an interesting place where we have great examples of each on offer at our two race venues. I feel comfortable describing the hangar as tight and technical. It has narrow lanes, tight turn radii, and hard cutbacks. It's ideal for 1/12th Stock. The new gym track is more open, with a large carousel on one end, and a deep ess on the other. The chicane dead center is proving to be a flick and a real pleasure to get right. The track overall is a gem for hard racing modified touring cars. Another way to define the spectrum is as a “qualifier's” layout versus a “racer's” layout. I think a person could lay those terms over tight and technical and open and flowing, respectively, and perceive that they are different expressions of the same idea. As to whether I prefer one over the other, I can't say I do. Or rather, it's one of those happy times in life when one doesn't have to choose, as both are available for fun on a regular schedule. [There is a third kind of track, deserving of neither the tight and technical, nor the open and flowing labels. I'll call it “broken.” A good example of broken is the last 1/12th worlds track. I don't like to disparage others' efforts, as I know hosting worlds is a major undertaking with little prospect of recovering the required outlay of time, money, and energy, but to my eye, with its hard apexes jutting into open space, it was a terror that dared racers to drive hard and punished with terrible hard impacts. It was not an engaging circuit.]

With our second night on the new gym layout behind us, and one where I wasn't willing myself forward despite exhaustion from a track build and a nagging headache behind the eyes, the year of racing ahead is taking shape. This is a track where a train can stack up, and if the proper respectful care is taken, the tension builds as the laps tick by and the drivers maintain a nose to tail contest, applying pressure, waiting for a mistake, despairing that it may never come. 1/12th Stock yielded a thrilling race with several lead changes between multiple drivers; the top five drivers finished on the same lap. Modified Touring as well provided a show as positions 2 through 8 bounced around, with racers rising and falling as the mistakes and passes piled on. The videos are up, and the sheets are posted, so I won't contribute a superfluous narrative. Suffice to say, I think 2018 at the gym, by virtue of an open and flowing layout, will give us a many electrifying moments for racers.

Results attached.
Attached Files
Q1 13Jan2018.pdf (333.0 KB, 61 views)
Q2 13Jan2018.pdf (364.7 KB, 83 views)
Mains 13Jan2018.pdf (293.9 KB, 106 views)
KR145 likes this.
Old 01-20-2018, 11:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Any talk of a Master's offering for the ECC? You know like WGT, 1/10 pan car, etc...
Old 01-21-2018, 05:37 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Kyle,

I think we'll stick with just the standard club offerings. The schedule for the ECC is still tight, and if we add anything, it's a bit more practice on Friday night.

I do miss WGT though! We were talking about it in Victoria. It was a good race class. 'Tis a shame it seemed hexed from the start.
Old 01-21-2018, 07:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

LOL.. K... I will hopefully get whooped in a standard class.. ;0
Old 01-21-2018, 08:10 PM
Tech Regular

Kyle, run 12th with us...it’s the best thing anyhow

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.