Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Checkpoint motors >

Checkpoint motors

Like Tree1Likes

Checkpoint motors

Old 03-24-2006, 01:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

The Money Motor has been shipping all day. All backorders have been filled.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

that's great... my LHS will have them in on Tues. of next week..

do you know what brushes/spring combo they will come in?
want to order extra sets....
Old 03-24-2006, 03:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ive been recently debating between the new checkpoint 19t and the v2 style 19t's and I was wondering what options does checkpoint have for brushes?
I see only two at tower http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...L=++&search=Go
and I really dont want to have to pay $10/pr of brushes compared to the v2 style enduro10-30 for $4 . I run 6 cells so could i even use the atlas stlye(4cell) ones?Would I still be able to expect high numbers of runs between cuts like the $10 brush?If not, about how many runs can I get with the 4cell brushes?Are there any other options for brushes compatible with checkpoint motors besides the ones I listed?Sorry for all the questions but thanks in advance for all the help.
Steve
Old 03-24-2006, 04:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

i know i can get these motors from tower but is there anywhere else that perhaps has cheaper shipping at tower it would cost me $41 US for the shipping for the 19turn motor which cost $49 dollars, i mean i would love to run checkpoint motors as i run them in what we call touring Mod but $90 for a 19turn motor is a bit rich for me, please help as i live in new zealand and with the cost of our dollar compared to the US dollar it will cost me nearly $200 NZ for this motor can anyone else ship the motor cheaper and with less hassel

please help

checkpoint for life
Old 03-24-2006, 06:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

We'll have the Money motors in stock Mon or Tues! Looking forward to getting our hands on some.

Stevie: Do the Checkpoint. With the 10$ brush, you should be getting 15+ runs out of it.
Old 03-24-2006, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

Default motor tuning

Do we have to tune it to get at peak performance or is it ready to blaze away
Old 03-24-2006, 08:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stevietd14
Ive been recently debating between the new checkpoint 19t and the v2 style 19t's and I was wondering what options does checkpoint have for brushes?
I see only two at tower http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...L=++&search=Go
and I really dont want to have to pay $10/pr of brushes compared to the v2 style enduro10-30 for $4 . I run 6 cells so could i even use the atlas stlye(4cell) ones?Would I still be able to expect high numbers of runs between cuts like the $10 brush?If not, about how many runs can I get with the 4cell brushes?Are there any other options for brushes compatible with checkpoint motors besides the ones I listed?Sorry for all the questions but thanks in advance for all the help.
Steve
I'm no check point expert but if they are using the same brush on the 19turn as the mods then brush life shouldn't be a problem. I ran the same pair of brushes during the entire nats in a 7x1. Practice and qualifying and the mains and will run it again for the first asphalt race.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:04 PM
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576

FYI: kawada armatures have built in fan, it would be killer motors if team checkpoint is able to copy that.

---------------

Fans require energy to move air. The energy used up by the fan is energy that can't be used to move your car forward.

My Wife's old Nissan Sentra was faster when you turned the A/C off...same concept.
A motor’s armature develops torque. However, there is a difference between developed torque and shaft torque.

If the armature has a fan, the fan has to move air, and like Adrian said, it takes work and energy to move the air. This energy is taken away from the overall motor output.

Unless the fan does a SUBSTANTIAL BENEFIT in cooling the motor (which will not) the torque and power that the fan takes away from the motor is contra productive.

We have done tests with all kinds of air moving mechanisms inside motors and once you measure overall efficiency, power, and torque, we found most of them not to be beneficial. They are more for looks than anything else....

There are better ways to cool down the commutator, magnets, and brushes.

The "majority" of ths so called armature cooling fans do not work. They are more for looks....
The same goes to "some" of the aftermarket rings and heatsinks that attach to the armature.

When you attach anything to an armature, you change the moment of inertia of the armature and that affects the overall performance. The moment of inertia of the armature is one if the major factors that defines motor performance.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by G-Dizzle
The Money Motor has been shipping all day. All backorders have been filled.
Yeah and like a forgetful fool I've got 6 coming. Forgot I had just 2 on backorder and ordered 2 more 2 different times I've got 4 to send back!!!
Old 03-25-2006, 01:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

is team checkpoint doing stock motors right now? its between them and team broad and axxis racing for a motor. And id like to see me get a checkpoint motor to try in stock ill prolly get a axxis no matter what but id like to get another stocker from the other two just to see the diffrence in power.
Old 03-26-2006, 06:29 AM

hey guys, I lost my instruction sheet for my new motor and need to know how they recommend breaking it in.
thanx
Old 03-27-2006, 12:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Got our order of "Money Motor" 19 turns in from Checkpoint this morning ... Shipping them out right now!
Old 03-28-2006, 01:09 PM
Tech Champion

what gearing range is recommend for the new 19T?
I'm running the Hara Pro4 and cyclone.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rc-zombies
what gearing range is recommend for the new 19T?
I'm running the Hara Pro4 and cyclone.
Might as well throw the T2 in there also or do you gear them Trinity C2 or Orion V2
Old 03-28-2006, 01:25 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
Might as well throw the T2 in there also or do you gear them Trinity C2 or Orion V2
it doesnt matter what car you drive...FDR...is ALWAYS THE SAME....5.88 is the sweet spot for a medium size track...bitter

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.