Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10th scale touring car racing in ft. lauderdale >

1/10th scale touring car racing in ft. lauderdale

1/10th scale touring car racing in ft. lauderdale

Old 06-04-2006, 12:33 AM
Tech Initiate

Default 1/10th scale touring car racing in ft. lauderdale

heres my factory team tc4, recently got into on road touring this is my first car. I have installed a GTB, 6.5 R velocite motor(10 turn single v2 revolution optional), kopropo digital servo, futaba 3pj radio system.Im running Peak Racing's 4300's and some cheap 3700's with decent numbers, mounted is a slick FX custom paint job. Love the acceleration on the tc(72 spur/22 pinion). has great over all speed, the handlings a bit stiff and sometimes traction is hard to dial in...i was told to take off the chassis brces(the aluminum posts) to achieve better flex and over all traction is this true??

upgrades ill be getting in future: ITF chassis upgrade,newer radio(obviously since my radio is 10 yrs old), battery screws, front one way axle, vcs2 shock upgrades( no one has them in stock in my area), a few packs of lipos(why not were dreaming!), and something more attainable is a 64 pitch pinion/spur set...

mostly racing on really hot florida asphalt with warm compound rubber slicks mounted on dish wheels, ive tried x patterns with medium inserts and they are too squirly, some of the HPI radials worked awesome with medium inserts and soft compound but wore out too fast...

im new to touring sedans so i dont know if i have a decent set up, i have a hudy tool possibly some one can give me a decent idea of a good setup?

heres some pix of my baby:
Attached Thumbnails 1/10th scale touring car racing in ft. lauderdale-tc4-slick-fx-fr-.jpg   1/10th scale touring car racing in ft. lauderdale-tc4-slick-fx-rr-.jpg   1/10th scale touring car racing in ft. lauderdale-tc4-slick-fx.jpg   1/10th scale touring car racing in ft. lauderdale-tc4-insides.jpg   1/10th scale touring car racing in ft. lauderdale-tc4-insides-2.jpg  

Old 06-04-2006, 07:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Strain...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54

That is the Florida Forum, you can find more out about local racing. Currently the closest track that is running regularly is in Royal Palm Beach, we practice under the lights till 10:30 at night (wednesdays). I attached a pic of the track if your intertested. ( hopefully for you Coral Springs will re-open soon)

As far as the car is concerned. There are few things that kinda of stand out without knowing what your racing on. The body really is a carpet body, so it does not work as well as, say a Mazda 6 or Stratus 3 AP. Tires, the most common tire in florida is the CS 27, they last a long time, work really well ,and handle the heat. ( the last state race at our track we temped the track at 150). The other things.. I would say drop the mod, and put stock motor in the car till you are really familar with it... You will have less breakage, and will make the car a little easier to get the handle on it. Shocks and roll center are specifc to tracks and surfaces, so that is really a moot point without more info

Either way, feel free to ask Q's in the specific forums, or ask people at the local track to help you out. Hanging thread out here in the general forum can be brutal sometimes...

Last edited by TimPotter; 07-16-2008 at 07:08 PM.
Old 06-04-2006, 08:00 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default FL racing

Tim's track is (one of) the best RC facilities in FL. Awesome traction, lights,electricity, in a great park with nearby food, etc. Coral springs also has an asphault track, but I'm unsure when they run. I'd say at first, attend a practice session and get a feel for the track, meet people, and decide if racing is what you want to do. Sounds like you've got great equipment, but would also suggest unloading some horsepower. Running with that HP and truly driving it is two differnt things. It's a shame you missed the FSEARA race, there were a ton of great drivers and all are willing to help, or advise a new driver. Good luck, MM
Old 06-04-2006, 11:28 AM
Tech Initiate

wheres this tims track @ in florida??? i know where coral springs road runners is i live less than 5 mins away. im very confident with the HP i have very little breakage and can handle the speed.im a bit of a speed junkie so i dont mind al il breakage. yes the body is carpet body, i have at least 4 other bodys, a 350z (190mm), a sylvia body(190 mm), a mazda 6 body(190mm) and an alfa romea body(!190MM). id like to know where this tims track is since coral springs road runners is old news, im lookin for something new! i always see pics of a million tracks in florida only to find out the got shut down weeks later.

thanks for all your great info guys appreaciate the help
Old 06-04-2006, 11:38 AM
Tech Master

keep your ears to the ground coral springs may have a revival soon. I heard a few things.......
Old 06-04-2006, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Strain...

Check out the thread Tim posted it's a link to the Florida forum. As of right now Coral Springs is not running on-road (hopefully they will soon) . When you go to the Florida forum "tims track" is the Village raceway in Royal Palm Beach go in to that thread you find an address along with directions. As far as the Mod motor thing goes if you wanna go and practice with it that's fine it's your money but it's no fun when your car doesn't handle and your constantly having to wrench on or repair your car. As for racing since I came back in early 2003 no one raced Mod at Coral Springs only 19 turn and Stock. I belive the only Club in Florida that runs Mod regularly is Speedline in Clearwater.

Roly

P.S. who did the paint job?
Old 06-04-2006, 04:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PaintingRoly
Strain...

Check out the thread Tim posted it's a link to the Florida forum. As of right now Coral Springs is not running on-road (hopefully they will soon) . When you go to the Florida forum "tims track" is the Village raceway in Royal Palm Beach go in to that thread you find an address along with directions. As far as the Mod motor thing goes if you wanna go and practice with it that's fine it's your money but it's no fun when your car doesn't handle and your constantly having to wrench on or repair your car. As for racing since I came back in early 2003 no one raced Mod at Coral Springs only 19 turn and Stock. I belive the only Club in Florida that runs Mod regularly is Speedline in Clearwater.

Roly

Roly, does Go Racing run electric club races or just nitro?
Old 06-04-2006, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

Just Nitro but I know that the Bowsers, Dobbs,and Hector have run practice out there on thier race days. They have said that if they got a group they'd run an electric class.

P.S. Adrian do you have the transparent Alclad paints? I'm looking for Yellow and Red.
Old 06-04-2006, 07:23 PM
Tech Initiate

sweet damn got many replys! so that tims track is mostly nitro? but they run electric if they show up? ill check out the link thanks a bunch...i might consider a mugen 10th scale sedan if i found one on ebay
Old 06-04-2006, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Strain- Please read the posts no one ever wrote anything about tims track running nitro. Adrian asked about GO RACING in ftl. not Village raceway "tims"

Roly
Old 06-04-2006, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default brushless Open mod in Coral Springs

Every sunday from 10am-7pm, there are about 4-7 eletric onroad guys that show up. They have cleaned the track, fixed it, and have it treated with the sticky stuff for traction. Most are running brushless(Novak 4.5, 5.5, 6.5, LRP Neo One 4 Star, etc) w/ Orion LiPO's...they are wicked fast, and its a blast. Everybody is learning and helping each other. Its a really nice group and they are getting good really fast...
Old 06-05-2006, 10:13 AM
Tech Initiate

oh yahh i live 5 mins from coral springs road runners! do i have to be a memeber to run?? ir emmeber they were very serious about you bieng roar certified and bieng a memeber fo their track is taht still true and how much?
Old 06-05-2006, 10:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PaintingRoly

........Dang Roly....there are so many of them you should just sell the stencil.....LOL

Imitation is a sincere form of flattery.....
Old 06-05-2006, 01:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

No membership required. Its all out practice and fun now....just bring your ride and equipment and have a blast.
Old 06-05-2006, 05:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Advil
........Dang Roly....there are so many of them you should just sell the stencil.....LOL

Imitation is a sincere form of flattery.....

Advil- I think this is one of the better copies I've seen. I have about 40-50 different stencils in file folders at home I wonder how much those would go for? and I couldn't agree more about imitation

Roly

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.