Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Speed Passion Cirtix Stock CLUB ESC >

Speed Passion Cirtix Stock CLUB ESC

Speed Passion Cirtix Stock CLUB ESC

Old 06-08-2010, 01:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Okay here is the problem with the ESC. I spoke with Shawn at Speed Passion today and he told me to try it with a 2s battery pack and see if the ESC is gets enough power that way. Of course with the 2s battery one try and it works without a problem. Now I need to use this ESC in a 12 scale so I can’t use 2s battery. With the 1s pack I also have a Novak Booster and it doesn’t work. Anyone got ideas what to do.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by skypilot
check and make sure you have it plugged in the rcvr the correct way??
I have and I just found the problem now I need a solution any suggestions?
Old 06-08-2010, 05:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

rcvr battery maybe? Thunderpower has that little bitty thing. might work different then a booster? sorry I can't be of more help.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

rcvr battery maybe? Thunderpower has that little bitty thing. might work different then a booster? sorry I can't be of more help.
Thanks I’ll look in to it.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:20 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

stuff went out in the mail yesterday
Old 06-08-2010, 05:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

k
Old 06-08-2010, 06:45 PM
Tech Regular

A freind and I had a prob setting mine,we kept resetting it quite a few times(about 30)we have probably set 20 or more speedos.we would set it,wait 3-5 sec.and no go,waited 10 sec or more and it works fine?
Old 06-08-2010, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have two of these systems and have had no programming problems at all.
Both systems on Spektrum one a DX3R and a DX3S.

And the p/n on the Program box is SPESCPB01.
Allows you to set Drag Brake, ABS Braking and disable the Thermo protect.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Exclamation

Tiko, I have been following your issues with your Cirtix esc/motor and I'm concerned about this battery issue that you mentioned. My club does'nt have the Cirtix esc/motor combo yet ( we hope to get it sometime this summer) but I'm worried now because we all use the SMC 25C 1 cell lipo packs in our pan cars with a booster; and from what you seem to be saying, that will not work with the Cirtix unit. I hope there is some other answer as that will completely screw us up if we have to go and buy all new 2 cell lipo packs in order to run. As you know most of the new 1/10 pan cars on the market such as the Associated 10R5, etc are designed specifically for 1 cell lipo packs; same with 1/12 scale.

Shawn or anyone have any answers? I'm really bummed about this development.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tino
A freind and I had a prob setting mine,we kept resetting it quite a few times(about 30)we have probably set 20 or more speedos.we would set it,wait 3-5 sec.and no go,waited 10 sec or more and it works fine?
Last two days I have probably tried over a hundred times and it won’t work. That’s why I decided to call Speed Passion today and ask them if they had this type of issues before with the 1S battery pack. The answer was NO because most people use it in TC.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Team Lotus
Tiko, I have been following your issues with your Cirtix esc/motor and I'm concerned about this battery issue that you mentioned. My club does'nt have the Cirtix esc/motor combo yet ( we hope to get it sometime this summer) but I'm worried now because we all use the SMC 25C 1 cell lipo packs in our pan cars with a booster; and from what you seem to be saying, that will not work with the Cirtix unit. I hope there is some other answer as that will completely screw us up if we have to go and buy all new 2 cell lipo packs in order to run. As you know most of the new 1/10 pan cars on the market such as the Associated 10R5, etc are designed specifically for 1 cell lipo packs; same with 1/12 scale.

Shawn or anyone have any answers? I'm really bummed about this development.
Well I am a little bummed about the ESC issues. Now, what I need is to find out which receiver pack to get that would work with this ESC. I need to find the smallest receiver pack for the 12 scale car. As for the 1S Novak Booster it works perfectly fine with the other ESC's. I have tried it with the LRP SXX, Novak GTB and few others. Unfortunately this ESC won’t work unless I connect a 2S battery pack to it. I don’t plan on putting a 2S pack in my R5 anytime soon. I’m hoping that I can find a solution for this problem soon.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tiko
Well I am a little bummed about the ESC issues. Now, what I need is to find out which receiver pack to get that would work with this ESC. I need to find the smallest receiver pack for the 12 scale car. As for the 1S Novak Booster it works perfectly fine with the other ESC's. I have tried it with the LRP SXX, Novak GTB and few others. Unfortunately this ESC won’t work unless I connect a 2S battery pack to it. I don’t plan on putting a 2S pack in my R5 anytime soon. I’m hoping that I can find a solution for this problem soon.
I think the ESC specs are quite clear that the speedo is intended for 2s lipo, with no mention of being able to run with 1s. What made you think you could do so?

As for receiver packs, the Team Epic Li-Fe receiver pack is very popular. It is cheap, small, and light. However, I don't know if this is going to fix your problem or not.

http://www.teamepiconline.com/shop/i...p?item=TEP2006
Old 06-09-2010, 08:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by M-Technic
I think the ESC specs are quite clear that the speedo is intended for 2s lipo, with no mention of being able to run with 1s. What made you think you could do so?

As for receiver packs, the Team Epic Li-Fe receiver pack is very popular. It is cheap, small, and light. However, I don't know if this is going to fix your problem or not.

http://www.teamepiconline.com/shop/i...p?item=TEP2006
Well TJ one of our local carpet tracks is starting a series that requires a spec ESC/motor combo and this unit was the one that they chose. There are about six to seven guys that already signed up for the class and they’re all using it I assume. I just haven had a chance to meet anyone so far when I’m at the track to see how they’re using it. The owner of the track said that I have to use it with a receiver pack so I’ll give that a try. Thanks for the info on the Li-Fe receiver pack.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Gotcha. I would like to think they would have researched the feasibility of running it with a 1s lipo before pulling the trigger, but you never know. The manual says it can be run with 4cell NiMH (4.8v) but doesn't say anything about 1s (3.7v).
Old 06-09-2010, 10:36 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

does this combo come with a 21.5 motor?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.