Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree138Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 06:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Which aluminum servo horn are you guys using? I've seen Losi and Racers Edge mentioned in this thread, but nobody seems to agree and I haven't seen any actual part numbers or links.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

one thing that i noticed on the ball studs is that they are all NOT perfectly round. Some you can see that there is almost a flat ridge in the middle. I don't believe the ball cups are the issue it is more of the ball stud not being completely round. Once you sand and polish the ridges off of them they are bind free.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by micrors4guy
one thing that i noticed on the ball studs is that they are all NOT perfectly round. Some you can see that there is almost a flat ridge in the middle. I don't believe the ball cups are the issue it is more of the ball stud not being completely round. Once you sand and polish the ridges off of them they are bind free.
I have come to the same conclusion. Each of the ball studs in my MM had a flat spot and when I upgraded to Lunsford ball studs the binding was gone.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
MM took 1st and second. And both were B5M's. The RM car were much better until the traction came way up. Also, once the track started to rut, having the alum chassis down low helped keep the cars from bouncing all over. There were RM cars in the Amain and in the better drivers won. And they probably would have won with an RM car also.
I ran with the kid who was running the RM during practice when the track was semi-slick and smooth and had no problem staying with him. We mostly just followed each other and tried to lay down some fast laps, I think I hot lapped him by 2 tenths. So I wouldn't say it was the bumps or traction that held it back, I think it's more of a personal preference. There was 7 B5 buggies in the a-main of stock, and only one was a RM.

I know Jeremy (who won) had built a RM a few months ago, ran it probably 15 minutes in practice and sold it. I did the same thing. It may just be a florida thing where everyone hates RM.

The RM may jump a little farther or have more traction when the track is super loose, but in every other area the mid is probably better.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:25 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by GTSSTANG
I have come to the same conclusion. Each of the ball studs in my MM had a flat spot and when I upgraded to Lunsford ball studs the binding was gone.
I did not experience that problem. All it took to get rid of the binding was to squeeze the ball cups with a needle nose pliers. I have heard a lot of people say they like the lunsford ones though
Old 08-26-2014, 07:37 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by seth556
I ran with the kid who was running the RM during practice when the track was semi-slick and smooth and had no problem staying with him. We mostly just followed each other and tried to lay down some fast laps, I think I hot lapped him by 2 tenths. So I wouldn't say it was the bumps or traction that held it back, I think it's more of a personal preference. There was 7 B5 buggies in the a-main of stock, and only one was a RM.

I know Jeremy (who won) had built a RM a few months ago, ran it probably 15 minutes in practice and sold it. I did the same thing. It may just be a florida thing where everyone hates RM.

The RM may jump a little farther or have more traction when the track is super loose, but in every other area the mid is probably better.
I have both cars. I like things about both. The MM would be my first choice, but no mater how hard I try, lol. I just make more mistakes with the MM. If those mistakes went away, I am sure I would be faster with the MM. The MM car just does something "unexpected" more often than the RM. When I rebuild my car, I may go back to MM. Our new layout is in and it looks like a bunch or 180's.

Here is the new layout at SRS. I have not seen it yet. Today is the first day it is open to the public. I dont know what the far left and right sides look like.

Old 08-26-2014, 07:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I recommend sticking with the stock plastic servo arm if possible - with no servo saver, the servo arm itself is the weakest link in the system and can save the servo a lot of internal damage when the arm breaks. Sure, it may cost you your heat, but it won't cost you $25 for a gear set or $100 for a whole new servo!
Old 08-26-2014, 07:49 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jason Baliban
My kit should be arriving in a few days thanks to all of your input. Thank you very much for that.

I have a question about build/progress/journal posts. Should i do that in this thread or start a new journal thread? I feel like i should start a new thread but i just wanted to check on the "culture" of this forum.

Thanks again!

jB
Originally Posted by Kave
Do not do that in this thread.
[QUOTE=Wild Cherry;13491123]
Originally Posted by Jason Baliban
My kit should be arriving in a few days thanks to all of your input. Thank you very much for that.

I have a question about build/progress/journal posts. Should i do that in this thread or start a new journal thread? I feel like i should start a new thread but i just wanted to check on the "culture" of this forum.

Thanks again!

jB[/

Welcoming you to join and share your build ...
Jason, regardless of what this guy ^^^ might tell you, DON'T give a detailed build up in this thread. Create your own thread and if people want to follow along they can. Thank you.

Last edited by racer1812; 08-26-2014 at 08:03 AM.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

MM took 1st and second. And both were B5M's. The RM car were much better until the traction came way up. Also, once the track started to rut, having the alum chassis down low helped keep the cars from bouncing all over. There were RM cars in the Amain and in the better drivers won. And they probably would have won with an RM car also.
What do you have spies all over the country reporting back to you? How would you know this?
Old 08-26-2014, 08:01 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bubonic-X
What do you have spies all over the country reporting back to you? How would you know this?
I know some people from AZ that went to the race
Old 08-26-2014, 08:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper
Who makes the Xpert servos?
They are from the ESC company Viper.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:07 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper
Which aluminum servo horn are you guys using? I've seen Losi and Racers Edge mentioned in this thread, but nobody seems to agree and I haven't seen any actual part numbers or links.
I've never seen anyone have an issue with the current factory servo horns that have the aluminum ring on them. I personally see no reason to go to an aluminum horn.

Originally Posted by carcrusher46
I recommend sticking with the stock plastic servo arm if possible - with no servo saver, the servo arm itself is the weakest link in the system and can save the servo a lot of internal damage when the arm breaks. Sure, it may cost you your heat, but it won't cost you $25 for a gear set or $100 for a whole new servo!
Along with this ^^^
Old 08-26-2014, 08:15 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Antimullet
Xpert makes their own and you can get them from shop viper.

Some nice new stuff on the way too but gotta stay tight lipped!
seen the new Viper's
I like , come with plugs so you can attach short or longer servo leads easily.

Most likely my next servo...
Old 08-26-2014, 08:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have both cars.

And that is your problem too...you give up on one to fall back on the other...rm's are not even better outdoors on non sugared tracks either. Stick with one, figure it out, listen to the right people, and don't run bone headed set ups either. Over thinking the set up on a B5M will only result in problems.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:39 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by racer1812
Create your own thread and if people want to follow along they can. Thank you.
Thank you for the clarification.

jB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.