Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR Election

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

The two Steves voting have nothing to do with being involved in the decision to DQ EA. It has to do with the fact they are running. An example would be in the 2010 election President Obama (will say didnt vote for him or agree with him on anything, but he is the elected president and deserves the respect of that), made the decision that Govenor Romney was disqualified from the election. It is a conflict of interest. Or as the Russians call it "Free Elections"
Old 11-18-2014, 05:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I just don't get it. The RC community gets excited, gets involved, stands behind someone they feel may be capable of making a positive impact... to the point of purchasing a ROAR membership so they can get involved, vote and push the desired candidate into office... and instead of being happy and equally excited for what could come of it... the current ROAR leadership squashes it. Booooo!

Last edited by slakr; 11-18-2014 at 05:49 PM.
Old 11-18-2014, 05:46 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Someone should start a petition on change.org
Old 11-18-2014, 06:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Cool

Originally Posted by hairy
O.K I have sat and read all of this from the beginning. It seems to me that nothing can or will be done about the decision that R.O.A.R. has made, so if you want change ,play the game they want. Let this go...for now, Eric If you want to be president and I agree ,you would be a breath of fresh air for this organization, keep your membership current and the next cycle that comes around for a vote we can do it all over again...by their rules, in their own back yard.
We won't get change posting on here but we can work now to insure that the person we all seem to want to lead this organization WILL BE ELECTED by their rules in the next cycle.
It is time for a change. R.O.A.R. didn't get this way over night and we won't change it that fast either.
Even the greatest journey starts with one step.
IMPROVISE...ADAPT....AND OVERCOME!
Just my opinion.... folks just an observation.
now back to your regularly scheduled postings
Agree
It's just that Roar used to be we, now it seems it's we vs: them as far as useful changes...

Someone went thru the trouble of looking up that technicality, and it probably wasn't to make sure EA got voted in with confidence
Think about all that could be achieved if that energy was spent for regular rule updates, among them a modern set of F1 rules
Old 11-18-2014, 07:00 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Someone went thru the trouble of looking up that technicality, and it probably wasn't to make sure EA got voted in with confidence
Think about all that could be achieved if that energy was spent for regular rule updates, among them a modern set of F1 rules
This was the 3rd thing ROAR brought up trying to disqualify Eric. The first two ended up being invalid. They didn't just try, they tried several times over multiple weeks.

This wasn't about trying to do the right thing. This was about trying to find a technicality to keep Eric out so the current leadership could stay place, and hiding behind their quentionable interpretation of the bylaws to justify it. And even though the wording of the bylaw used is ambiguous, apparently ROAR gets to decide how they're interpreted. They even reworded it to match their interpretation in the press release about Eric's disqualification. How convenient that the chosen interpretation leaned toward their interests and not what the overwhelming majority of the community wanted. Wouldn't an unbiased arbitrator have been nice?

At this point, I'm not sure why any self-respecting person would want to be part of ROAR's leadership. What they've done is shameful.

Nearly the entire community wants them out. And they'll just deal with it by not reading what people have to say because it's so mean, and continuing to run the organization with contempt for the community it's supposed to support.
Old 11-18-2014, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Does anyone want to cuddle?
Old 11-18-2014, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

In one year Eric could be VP, in two years, President.

The older I get, the faster time flies by.....

but for the impatient among us.... the last time I checked, there were many days left in November by which a new write-in could be found and voted for ( unless there are few qualified to run and / or nobody else wants the job ! )
Old 11-18-2014, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

So heres what i want to know. They campaign for the president and most political offices...why dont they do this for the offices of Roar? I only know about eric from a little investigative work. I will stand behind him. I have no clue who the current president and vice president of roar are and what they are going to do or have done. Seems kinda one sided. Do we really know who they are? I have no clue, thats partially why i would not and will not vote for either of them. Wheres the campaigning? huh?

At the least they could make a nice post about them selves, who they are what they have done and where they want to go with roar. I think most racers are on here for the most part and could read the campaign postings from each candidate.

Until i know who and what they are about i wont vote for mruk or pond.
Old 11-18-2014, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

umm...
I saw those already....
which equates to zero information for or anyone to make an educated vote.....not that most will now after this fiasco
Old 11-18-2014, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by olhipster1
umm...
I saw those already....
which equates to zero information for or anyone to make an educated vote.....not that most will now after this fiasco

a list of names .....
yeah its a list of names in which most of us know absolutely nothing about. i dont want to send an email to each member thats running asking them what they are going to do etc. i want to see a campaign speech (posting) from each of them.

And some acessability on the forums. since most of us are on here. why are they not? would be nice to be able to have a roar specific thread where we could address issues and they could field questions from the membership instead of an email. posting is pretty damn easy, se easy a caveman man do it...

Is this too much to ask?
Old 11-18-2014, 08:38 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Before I walk away from this thread for good and focus my energy on making changes that matter, I figure I'll simplify why this whole thing is so dirty.
  • Existing ROAR leadership sh*ts its Depends when it realizes the votes coming in for EA are going to crush them.
  • Existing ROAR leadership starts scouring the bylaws looking for a reason to disqualify EA.
  • After two failed attempts, they find a bylaw which can be interpreted either way, giving them the choice of allowing him to remain or disqualify him.
  • Existing ROAR leadership chooses to interpret the rule to save themselves rather than go with what the overwhelming majority of the community wants.

Using words like "integrity" to describe this process is a huge insult to people with actual integrity. It was an act of desperation by a group of people who knew they would be ousted for being deeply disliked and ineffective. That's what ROAR is in 2015.
Old 11-18-2014, 08:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Before I walk away from this thread for good and focus my energy on making changes that matter, I figure I'll simplify why this whole thing is so dirty.
  • Existing ROAR leadership sh*ts its Depends when it realizes the votes coming in for EA are going to crush them.
  • Existing ROAR leadership starts scouring the bylaws looking for a reason to disqualify EA.
  • After two failed attempts, they find a bylaw which can be interpreted either way, giving them the choice of allowing him to remain or disqualify him.
  • Existing ROAR leadership chooses to interpret the rule to save themselves rather than go with what the overwhelming majority of the community wants.

Using words like "integrity" to describe this process is a huge insult to people with actual integrity. It was an act of desperation by a group of people who knew they would be ousted for being deeply disliked and ineffective. That's what ROAR is in 2015.
Well said!
Old 11-18-2014, 08:53 PM
Tech Regular

ROAR has been broken for many many years, I'm not sure it can be fixed. It may be time for something else.
Old 11-18-2014, 08:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What is ROAR?
Old 11-19-2014, 12:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by olhipster1
umm...
I saw those already....
Brief Steve Mruk interview

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.