Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Innovative Designs ''Stacker'' Venturi >

Innovative Designs ''Stacker'' Venturi

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Innovative Designs ''Stacker'' Venturi

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 03:53 PM
Tech Regular

Default Innovative Designs ''Stacker'' Venturi

Hi guys , i just looking the engine parts at amainhobbies and see the innovative designs stacker venturi for OS,RB,GO and Novarossi based engines .
They claim this :
''Make more horsepower and improve overall performance and fuel mileage from your high dollar engine! Constructed of 7075 Aluminum and CNC cut, Innovative Designs Velocity Venturi's have no match! Velocity venturi's have been designed using technology taken from aircraft jet engine technology and provide a substantial increase in air flow improvement over all stock factory venturi's. This means more usable horsepower and the ability to hold a better tune for maximum performance. Velocity venturi's improve bottom end response with out sacrificing top end power. These inserts are complete with supplied o-rings, and are anodized and notched for easy removal.

The new design is 3mm taller than the standard Velocity Venturi's. This provides improved air flow, for even greater fuel economy and low end response. This venturi features the same high flow design as the standard Velocity Venturi's and is notched for easy removal.''

Has anyone try this venturi and he notice any change?better fuel consumption or better tuning and engine breathing ?
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...r-Venturi-65mm
Old 09-06-2010, 04:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the_winner
Hi guys , i just looking the engine parts at amainhobbies and see the innovative designs stacker venturi for OS,RB,GO and Novarossi based engines .
They claim this :
''Make more horsepower and improve overall performance and fuel mileage from your high dollar engine! Constructed of 7075 Aluminum and CNC cut, Innovative Designs Velocity Venturi's have no match! Velocity venturi's have been designed using technology taken from aircraft jet engine technology and provide a substantial increase in air flow improvement over all stock factory venturi's. This means more usable horsepower and the ability to hold a better tune for maximum performance. Velocity venturi's improve bottom end response with out sacrificing top end power. These inserts are complete with supplied o-rings, and are anodized and notched for easy removal.

The new design is 3mm taller than the standard Velocity Venturi's. This provides improved air flow, for even greater fuel economy and low end response. This venturi features the same high flow design as the standard Velocity Venturi's and is notched for easy removal.''

Has anyone try this venturi and he notice any change?better fuel consumption or better tuning and engine breathing ?
I have a set I used in my .28XZ, and I can say that going down from 9mm (OS) to 7mm Inovative, should little change in performance, with a slight increase in fuel mileage, not enough to matter much, I still had to pit at 6min for fuel..

If interested I have the innovative venturi's I would be willing to sell, for $25 shipped.. But I only have 7,8,&9mm.. No 6.5.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

This isn't that "Innovative" The Orion/ Picco based engines had the tall venturi inserts on them in 2008.

http://www.teamorion.com/Products/CR...+Buggy+US+Spec
Old 09-07-2010, 09:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racecrafter
This isn't that "Innovative" The Orion/ Picco based engines had the tall venturi inserts on them in 2008.

http://www.teamorion.com/Products/CR...+Buggy+US+Spec
lol, thats funny
Old 09-08-2010, 04:06 AM
Tech Regular

ok its not innovative ... but they improve the millage and the power?
Old 09-08-2010, 05:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

ralph has been making the venturis since before 2008

also, doesnt the picco based motors use a shorter style venturi? meaning that the stacked one in the orion picture would actually make it the size of an OS? because the IDRC venturis are made to fit novas and OS motors making them bigger than the picco ones
Old 09-08-2010, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

That would be true.. but orion engines are now Sirio/Star Engine based if I remember right
Old 09-08-2010, 09:22 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Picco venturies are much shorter than all the others and almost impossible to find anything smaller than 7MM. Sirio, OS, Nova, RB, Go, etc, etc will not fit. They will rub the carb barrel
Old 09-08-2010, 10:05 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by the_winner
They claim this :

I have used the inserts Ralph makes for 2 years. They were recommended as part of a fuel economy package we were using for the Dynamite engines. I would say they give a better control of the low-mid range torque. I think the mileage comes in because you won't be puling as hard on the throttle. They are on every engine I run.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I've used Peters inserts off and on for the last few years with pretty good increases in low end power and mileage. They actually do something and that something is channel all the air flow directly to the jet and keep it from creating turbulence on the back side of the barrel. This is much more "innovative" IMO. A longer venturi will straighten the air flow slightly if the venturi was too short to begin with, but I cant see how it would increase mileage unless the LSN tune is off to begin with. I'm diggin the reference to jet development though I guess all venturi's can be referenced to jet research now since they are all just tapered cylinders?

http://tkocompetitiondev.com/index.php?cPath=38_51

The claim of making more HP and increasing airflow I dont buy into
Old 09-08-2010, 10:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Somebody get me one and I will gladly dyno test it....
Old 09-08-2010, 01:01 PM
Tech Regular

A taller venturi makes the "intake runner of the engine longer - the distance from the restrictor's "trumpet" or "mouth" to the rotary valve in the crankshaft. Since, the pulse waves that travel through it need more time to do so making tune at a lower rpm setting thus giving better power at low - mid rpm range.

In other words, same as long or short pipe/header.
same as pipe: long(tall) for short tracks, short for long tracks.

Actually, the gasses traveling through the intake runner and exhaust when tuned (when both have the correct length for each other) correctly "think" that both trajectories are equally long, the physical difference being "disguised" by the fluid's temperature.

xe
Old 09-15-2010, 11:03 AM
Tech Regular

finally i buy one 6.5mm for my nova ...i will test it and i will post the results
Old 09-15-2010, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

My understanding has always been that the distance between the throttle valve and the combustion chamber is a factor in determining rpm efficiency.
Years ago in 125cc motocross we used to use a longer boot between the carb and the crankcase to increase the intake length, thereby increasing torque slightly. Today's auto engines have variable length intake runners to effect low and high rpm efficiency. But the intake length in question on these vehicles is adjusted after the throttle plate! (the primary intake restriction)
Old 09-15-2010, 07:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.